Horribly damaged hair rescue.Over dyed and bleached. Products and help

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have long thick bleached, almost platinum, hair halfway down my back and have become a pro at holding on to as many hairs as i can. (Anyone with bleached hair knows what i am talking about) the best products i have found havent been the most expensive ones but ones most of us already have. Its really important to do a protein treatment right after bleaching. I prefer eggs(sounds gross, really isnt as bad as it sounds). Just mix a couple raw eggs with a couple tbsp of olive oil (coconut oil works as well) and leave it in for 30 mins or so and rinse with cool water and put in a heavy duty conditioner (i prefer pantenes deep conditioner, comes in a cube and smells lovely) to damp hair and leave it in for as long as you like. I sometimes will throw a shower cap and sleep with it in. I do a protein treatment once a month or so. Deep condition 1-2 a week. I am not a professional, this is from experience of trial and error. This is how i keep my for healthy and soft even after through all the abuse!

Try using a mixture of castor oil and olive oil for deeply moisturize your hair. do this 2-3 times a week and leave it over night. Then wash your hair in the morning as you normally do. Do this for at least 3 months but normally in as early as 3 or 4 weeks you would already see results. Hopes this would help you.

Hi! My hair has broken off and is really weak! How did u get on with yours? I know it was a while ago but I would really appreciate any help or advise you can offer! Thanks in advance x

Your hair is most vulnerable to damage when wet so be very careful combing it out.  You will need to work on restoring the elasticity of the hair.  To check the elasticity, take one single hair stand and get it wet.  Gently pull the strand and release to see if it reverts back to the original shape.  There are many You tube videos and Internet pages showing this but I'm not sure if I can post those here or not according to forum rules.

I agree with the above posters regarding protein treatments to correct the poor elasticity.  This will rebuild strength and restore shine.

My advice is to make an appointment with a professional to get your hair healthy again.  They can examine your hair and make specific recommendations on restorative treatments and help you with suggestions on styling your hair while you wait for it to grow out.  This might initially be expensive, but what is your hair worth to you?  Maybe pick up a few extra hours at work or a second part-time job and devote that money to hair care.

Remember, as devastating as your damaged hair might be, it is only temporary!  Maybe this is the time to dare a new short style? (at least it's summer!)

Wish you well.  Hang in there!

Please be careful when using protein. It even mentions it on the bottles... but too much protein can actually cause your hair to become brittle. But it's good to use every 6-8 weeks. I've got bright pink hair and have bleached my hair three times and I do this, plus very light trim and it's been helping with the growth!

Homemade masks with honey, avocado, eggs or oils makes soooo good for your hair, that chaep and amazing method, nothing from drugstore makes my hair shiny and strong like products from my kitchen, thats have ingredients like proteins etc. that rebuild hair and thats way to healthy beauty hair :

I love using phyto phytosesame express hydrating Conditioner after shampooing. it softens and detangles my hair and I have to be honest, .... it does kinda make my hair feel less brittle.

I would recommend using Henna power and hybiscus power which are very much natural and there are no side effects if used daily. 

hey! i know exaclt how you feel and my hair is so bad! i was doing a lot of research and im going to avoid heat as much as possible and im going to use moroccan oil after i shower. i also use reconstruction shamoo and conditioner. Drink lots of water. Also get trims frequently.  Massage your scalp (5-10) minutes daily. That will increase blood flow to your head. Also you can take vitamins( Skin Hair and Nails Biotine) 3 times daily with every meal. Hope these tips help some people out
smile.gif

Does Joico K-pak Colour Shampoo and Conditioner good to reapir bleached and dryed hair?

when all else fails try a natural approach like pouring some apple cider vinegar over hair after its washed. it will seal the broken ends, then rinse cold water. I also like to put my hair into a mask, then put a showercap on it and blow dry for 20 seconds the heat and the mask work well.

I am also a stylist and I agree with HairEgo. The Joico K line is phenomenal and since there are no real "quick" fixes, it's going to take the right products to help. Moroccan oil Paul Mitchell Super Skinny L'oreal Professional Absolute Repair Deep Conditioner Those are a few that I love

Aside from protein, you might also want to try fish oil (take it orally, don't condition your hair with it, lol). They do wonders for your heart, joints, brain, eyes...skin and hair! :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Get the 400-capsule Kirkland bottle. It'll last you about 4 months (3x a day), so it's a pretty sweet deal. That's what I take.

I've been a hairdresser since the days of only having Redkin, Jhirmack, or Nexuus products that were considered salon quality products. Redkin still rescues myself, and my clients! Redkin Anti-snap. Use the leave in treatment after bleaching, and avoid heat styling. Also use a silicone based shiner. Shiners are all pretty much the same. This will keep the frizz down and smooth the cuticle. ~ Good luck 

Took me a month and a bit. I used the WHOLE Pro Naturals system. Shampoo, conditioner, argan oil, hair mask....all of it. Did wonders for my hair. Oh and getting regular trims too of course. Got them all online, the shipping was free on the site I found so it was good. 

Ah the never-ending dilemma for girls who dye their hair, no worries, most of us have been there! [SIZE=10pt]Use either castor oil or argan oil on your hair to make it stronger and healthier. Regular shampoos use sulfates which dry out your hair so try to use sulfate free shampoos instead. You can look online for a brand called pro naturals and get their silicone free argan oil and their shampoo and conditioner, those made my hair really strong and healthy. Try using avocado hair masks, maybe olive oil with honey too. Once a week is enough to get your hair softer and healthier. [/SIZE]

While I love buying hair products like there's no tomorrow, I stay away from them when it comes to hair repair because they can often be so expensive and it's hit or miss which ones really work.

My go-to at home for boosting my hair back to a healthy state is coconut oil. Just the regular store-bought coconut oil, usually easily found at health food stores but also at grocery stores sometimes too. While it's usually solid at room temperature, rubbing it in your hands melts it quickly, which makes it really easy to run through your hair. I put a generous amount in and cover it with a towel and let it sit for at least an hour or so (if you can do it overnight, even better!) then rinse out. It does leave your hair looking greasy so you'll have to shampoo before you style it, but it's great for a day at home type of treatment. And leaves your hair smelling great! I've been doing it for years, dye my hair every 3 or 4 weeks and still have soft, shiny hair.

If you can't get coconut oil, I imagine olive oil might work too. I've never tried it so can't say for sure, but I use it on my skin sometimes and it's definitely very hydrating.

Back