Horribly damaged hair rescue.Over dyed and bleached. Products and help

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by L165 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Has anybody had experience with repairing horribly OVER bleached out, dyed, weak, brittle, snappping off hair? Any products that helped greatly strengthen, repair or improve your snapping off, bleached out, or horribly brittle hair? The quicker fix, the better.

Please only people who have had experience(or know somebody who had this and exactly what and how they used to fix it) with this, and what you used,how long it took, how good the results were, and how you used it(how long you left it in, how often,techniques, tips and tricks ect.)

I appreciate this sooo much.

Thank you
Hello

yes i this all to well. i got my hair bleach it was dry, brittle, breaking off. i had it in a bun for like 8 months...! for real until i started to use " nourishing coconut milk " made by organix from wallgreens. it worked a miracle with i knew about a year ago.my hair is back curly and bouncy and most important healthy i use it everyday...!

I hope you get your hair back to normal soon!

To at least add back in some shine and softness, why not try a oil treatment at home? MuT has a great tutorial here!

I have bleached my own hair and have never had any issues, but I also believe it is because of the products that I use.

First and foremost, do not touch anything for "blonde hair" in terms of shampoo and conditioner. I noticed that every single one that I have used has stripped my hair. You want to go after something for Silver Hair. The best is Swartzkopf's Color Save Silver Shampoo. It is the best and nothing tops it. The conditioner they make is fabulous too and I have yet to use one as good. The Color Save Spray conditioner by Swartzkopf is just awesome. I love Oscar Blandi's At Home Salon Glaze Shine Rinse and it is amazing. If you use these three products, you will have no issues with your hair at all.

I'm really confused what to use i have came on here looking for a solution and I'm more confused then i was before this ?? why so many products ?? just want 1 shampoo conditioner and heat protector not 249878675928672587 different kinds pleaeeeeease can someone tell me the best products 

once my hair is like yours, over dyed and bleached, i'm worried about my hair, my friends told me this type of dmage is not reversible. even if you use some conditioner.

i think the only solution is that you cut them down and wait for the new hair. it don't need to wait long time, just patient and come down

I bleached my hair recently, twice and it fried my hair! I used coconut oil (it does make your hair super greasy but its amazing). Also applying mayonaise on your hair for 30 mins (wrap hair in cling film too) really helps as its high in protein. Also try a sulphate free shampoo as these are a lot gentler on your hair. I also LOVE morrocan oil  

For extremely dry hair I prefer to use black seed oil as a mask ans Kerastase Age Recharge products as a shampoo and treatment. Also you may try Matrix Hydratherapie Balm - it is real miracle!

For a home treatment to strengthen your hair, try deep conditioning with coconut milk or an organic unsalaried nut butter like cashew butter or peanut butter. I have tried both and they really do work to strengthen your hair. Apply it to freshly shampooed hair that has been towel dried. Slather it on from root to tip. Put on a shower cap and leave for at least half an hour. Rinse well. Try warm water but finish off with a shot of cool or cold water. For commercial products, I like Bumble & Bumble Mending Masque and Alfaparf Nutri Seduction Ultra Moisture Mask.

I also had a similar experience... my hair was platinum and I tried to do my roots at home, came out yellow after bleaching it twice. Then I went to fix it at the salon and they bleached it three times! My hair just melted off and pieces kept on breaking off. I couldn't even look at my hair without it breaking. It was beyond the point where Morroccan Oil (My usual miracle product) could save it. I kept cutting but nothing would help until a hairdresser eventually recommended Placenta Plus. It's a mixture of placenta, bay rum and bergamot essence. At first I didn't think that it works. It doesn't make your hair soft at all.  But after applying every second day, because too much protein is also not good, after two weeks there was a noticeable difference. My hair is still very damaged but it's making progress and not regressing... My hair used to be soooo long and I've lost so much hair it's shoulder length and completely thinned out. Never again will I bleach that much!! I miss my long thick hair. 

Ok first things first . You need to get a shampoo that is going to moisturize as well as a conditioner. (we all know I love davines) . You should try the davines Momo shampoo and conditioner and use the Nounou Pak mask three time a week. Doing this will help build all the loss protein in your hair from the bleach.Doing this hair care routine on a regular basis will restore you hair. Also you should try to minimize the amount of heat you put on you hair and if you are going to , please make sure you use a heat protector before taking a tool to your hair.

Hope this helps

honey clouds 

how do u feel about using moraccan oil ? cuz my hair is falling out at a alarming rate ...im 21 and in a week since i bleeched it ( for like the third timne in two months)....i have lost at least half of my hair iused to have very very thick hair and now it is getting thin what can i do immediately ....im loosing it

I used to have a dry hair even when I didn't bleached it. Then, I started experimenting using jojoba oil & castor oil (hot oil treatment) once a while & it helps. However, I recently are into using natural products, such as Coconut oil & Moroccan oil. Try use natural methods if you can, and cut down shampoo w/ Sodium Lauryl Sulfate (SLS) that damage hair. I uses Elova Essence Argan oil that I bought from Amazon to add shine & protect my hair from hair dryer / hair straightener that I use on daily basis. Their price is considerable & free shipping too! http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00D8UNC7W/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?qid=1374912818&sr=8-1&pi=SL75

Hi i bleached my hair about 5-6 times about a month ago.

(stupid amount of times i know)

then i realised whenever my hair was wet it was like elastic but it broke and snapped off. brushing my hair more than just a few strands came out! and when it was dry it was too dry, felt crispy  but looked fluffy! eww.

in just 3 weeks i fixed my hair.

- dont use straighters, curlers etc any heat on the hair

- dont wear hair bobbles with that little metal bit on, it rips the hair apart. 

- dont towel dry hair. only blowdry, but at a good distance. 

keep conditioning and shampooing as usual.

ever noticed when your hair used to get greasy or anyone elses hair get greasy?

greasy hair is the natural oils which repair the hair itself. its only healthy to wash hair ONCE a week when damaged.

If you left your hair togo greasy in months it would have fully repaired on its own. but no-one wants greasy hair with roots coming through!

so i used OLIVE-OIL. it works wonders on hair ! 

dont ever use too much though or hair will appear very greasy!

sleep with it on whatever but never use heat on hair when olive oil is on. 

quicktip also, if hair doesnt look thick an full enough, lean forward almost bending over, and brush hair upside down, from back of neck to front. makes hair much thicker!

good luck!

I just recently dyed my hair blonde 3 times (using packages, only got me to ginger) and then bleached it 3 times, then dyed it blue. its only been a week using john frieda's blonde toning conditioner, Moroccan oil repairing mask and Moroccan oil repairing oil and my hairs already so healthy and soft again. would definitely recommend those products.

I repaired my hair using the por naturals argan oil hair repair mask. It protects the color from fading and leaves the hair super soft and shiny, I have been using it after bleaching my hair for a year and it is now soft, and manageable! 

coconut oil works great with rebuilding hair! and smells great , you can get it at a grocery store:D hope this helps

Hm... simple question! Did you considering of changing your hait style and cut your hair short? Something like Jessie J :wub:   in her short hair phase? Really, this might be change you need and you will definetly save money and time from reparing already dameged hair. For one month hair will grow from 1cm to 2 cm depending on person to person. So if you cut your hair to be 1cm long(like Jessie J :rolleyes: ) and do in again in a month, you will have brand new hair!

In case you dont like my cutting hair idea :blush: ... castor oil for hair will make your hair repair fast! It will make yor hair grow faster, it will make your hair all shinny and new! Hope this will help you!

Back