How about some BAD MMU Brands?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I didnt like BE. Made my skin all itchy, red and inflammed. It was soo embarrasing! I also didnt like Sheer Cover, and Aromaleigh. I looked old, and Im not!
wink.gif

Originally Posted by Ronnie /img/forum/go_quote.gif Buff'd Minerals I guess different strokes for different folks. Buff'd is gorgeous and finish is flawless on my skin. I have bought full sizes and can't wait to get them. I received samples AND free shipping from Jen, and she was the very first MMU vendor to do that (in my experience).

At the meantime, there is no bad MMU brand. Maybe i would say if bad then it will be their customer service.

BE's foundation didn't work for me. It caused minor itching, but my main beef with it was it made my already huge pores even more noticeable. Also, I think it was too shiny, and their shades aren't too friendly with people who NEED shades with yellow undertones.

I've already chucked most of what I got from the sample kit I purchased, except for a few blushes/face colors.

Who knows, maybe I could give it another chance in the future? But right now, I believe there are better brands out there, that are also cheaper than BE to boot!

I used to use BM and I never had any problems with it other than they didn't have many shades for foundation. I never found one that worked for me. But as for the itchies I think it is the bismuth. Some people react to it. So I designed my own and that works the best. I think that when the minerals have some boron nitride, a natural mineral, then you will find that it looks more dewy, it has a nice sheen to it.

I had the same problems with BM, except for the itching, never had that. Nice to know that I am not the only one. I need more yellow in my foundation, too.

Originally Posted by hoarder /img/forum/go_quote.gif BE's foundation didn't work for me. It caused minor itching, but my main beef with it was it made my already huge pores even more noticeable. Also, I think it was too shiny, and their shades aren't too friendly with people who NEED shades with yellow undertones.
I've already chucked most of what I got from the sample kit I purchased, except for a few blushes/face colors.

Who knows, maybe I could give it another chance in the future? But right now, I believe there are better brands out there, that are also cheaper than BE to boot!

Something important to remember is to use very little foundation. Use a light layer and if you need more then do another light layer because otherwise you will end up with a yucky dry powdery look, not good for mature skin or pores. Less is Best!

I've been checking out this post for awhile now and it's really interesting.

I have mineral foundations that I prefer over others and some lines have colors that are more compatible to my complexion but I've never tried a mineral foundation that I'd classify as bad. Just those that either weren't quite the correct color match or didn't hold up as well as others by the end of the day.

All in all I would say that out of the many brands that I've tried as memory serves me at this time I liked them all better than most cream or liquid foundations.

Then again I've never tried the drugstore lines which seem to be the most disappointing here.

At this point I've only tried EDM and Signature. I find that Signature does not have staying power, but my makeup today with Signature products looks better than ever before. I want one with staying power, that I don't have to reapply. I just ordered a sample from Lumier and I have a BE eye kit coming.

I have ordered 2 sample kits from EDM and I can't find the right foundation.

Hey Kim Granger! I only put on a very small amount and yet, it emphasizes my pores. I'm fine with the *very* minor itch, in fact, it's hardly noticeable. I really wanted to like it, since I get the most compliments whenever I use BE's foundation, but for now, I'm gonna stick to the other brands that work better for me.
laughing.gif
Yes, I tend to go for the more yellow shades, and wish they'd come up with a more yellow version of Light.

I don't hate the brand, but it did cause me to have a minor breakout of cystic acne and red, irritated, inflamed, skin everytime I used it. I still use Bare Minerals though, even though I'm clearly allergic to it. I just love the dewy finish, and I bought so many of their products I'm not ready to throw away over $300. Everytime I see a Bare Minerals infomercial I am inspired to use it all over again.

Back