How about some BAD MMU Brands?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Evrey Brand Has Pros And Cons Wow. Ima Have To Try It Just To See What Is All About The Mmu. That Is....

BE was my first mmu (well physicians formula one but that one doesn't count...haha) and I loved it at first for the coverage and lightweight feel but after I tried EDM, I realized that it did make me itch (before I thought it was just normal). EDM I'm still trying to find a match but I know what people mean when they say it looks chalky. I just refrain from using a kabuki or heavy-coverage brushes with the matte formula. I also tried Lumiere and as much as I wanted to love it because the coverage was beautiful, I ended up with itch similar to BE...I can't really understand why since it doesn't contain bismuth but one of my best friends said she felt the same thing with Lumiere foundation =(

Bare Minerals was also my first MMU and I absolutely hated it! What a waste of my $60. It made me itch (especially the full coverage kabuki brush which scratched my face) and I never really considered my skin to be sensitive side so it was surprising that it did. Their warmth face color is okay though. I still use that sometimes.

BE only makes me itch when I don't use a primer, otherwise I love the stuff! It's my first mineral makeup I tried and I've been using it for about a year now.

My first MMU was Sheer Cover. I thought I liked it, but I didn't really know anything about MMU. I thought it was normal for the stuff to come off on everything that touches your face. The worst was when I had to scratch my face... I would get orange gooey stuff under my fingernails. So, ugh.

After that I tried BE. I still think that I like it okay, although I know what people mean when they say it seems to age them. I think the coverage is ok (but I don't really have problems with discoloration or acne) but in general, I think it's a BAD thing if you wash your MMU off your face and suddenly you look a lot younger. :/ The BE stuff is extremely overpriced.

I've just ordered a sample kit of EDM. I found this board through google, and read all the raving reviews about EDM on other parts of this board, but I ordered the samples before I was able to read this particular thread... it seems like there are as many people disliking it as there are disliking BE! LOL. Well at least it's so attractively priced. We'll see how it goes.

That's why you have to try it for yourself to see what works for you. For every single mmu I tried there were just as many rave reviews and rants! I really love EDM - it's one of the mmu's that I alternate between. Personally, I've never had a problem with rub off. And I don't use a primer. I also found out recently through trying out their many samples that I can wear all of them successfully. I'm really liking the intensive right now, but find that with my combination skin I can even wear the original glow.

You'll never know unless you try it. Some of the pricier ones I've tried broke me out, caused extreme itichiness and other skin problems. I won't write bad things about them because I see some people here swear by those products. I don't want to cause any confusion and ruin it for someone who wants to give it a shot. What I do suggest for all of the mmu brands, please try samples first. You don't want to be stuck with a 3 ounce tub of makeup that either doesn't match your skin tone or that causes breakeouts.

I hope that you have success right away and don't have to go trying a million different types!

CooCoo
fly.gif

not BAD per se, but for my skin I didn't care for Mineral Boutique, Aromaleigh and Cory.

I also found that as I used MMU more, my skin changed (got better) and I needed lighter formulatios than when I first started.

The first time I had any mineral makeup done on me was a sales assistant from BE and it looked Horrid! She put so much on ..that i had about 5 layers on. Ick! The whole swirl and tap..really irritated me.

I find that it's really drying and I don't like it. It doesn't look natural at all.

I thought that mineral makeup = better for your skin..but it really isn't..at least for me.

My tinted moisturizer is my HG ..and is as natural as I ever want it to be.

Oceanmist, after the everyday minerals its the worst foundation I've ever used. It broke me out horribly and caused me itch. It's nice for application though, and they have nice finishing powder but foundation is not for me.

i definitely didn't like edm - i was surprised to read many mmu lovers really like that - i also didn't like be or aromaleigh (only because their darkest colors were so light and i paid for samples i shouldn't have even tried). i do like youngblood and alima - and am going to try milan, signature (although not hopeful) and possibly bare faced minerals.

I have oily skin and always used BE but had to call it quits after like 2 years of wearing it..it's like my skin changed and I looked horrible in that makeup..I (daringly) switched to MUFE's matte + velvet liquid foundation (gasp) which was big for me cause I alway wore the MMU for fear of breakouts..I have never been happier with my foundation than I am now...great great great coverage..little goes a long way...it's freakin' waterproof (or resistant-whatever) and I have had no breakouts..and blot my skin less with this liquid than I did with MMU...So happy !

Meow is terrible. I have no idea what made me purchase a full sized Pampered Puss tub. It's chalky, barely covers anything and doesn't last 5 minutes. Truely HORRIBLE!!!

sorry I have to ask egain what is BE company? I dont understand please!

:)

and BM company?

thank you very much

have a great day!

bE = bare escentuals

bm = bareMinerals

They're used to refer to the same MMU (Mineral Make Up)

Bare Escentuals is the name of the company that makes bareMinerals Makeup.

HTH! (Hope that helps!)

thank you very much!

finally I know!

I didnt like them either..

becouse the very very expensive and though Im a cosmetician and make up artist I cant get any discount until I will buy in 1000$.

grrrrrrrr!!!

this is crazy.

but I prefer another company!

Hi everyone ! For me EDM was a bit chalky and transferred easily but the color match was pretty good. I also tried Larenim but was a bit on the expensive side. Recently found elegant minrals so I may look into that one too.

Latest posts

Back