How about some BAD MMU Brands?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've tried quite a few, and the ones that were worst for me were Aubrey Nicole (no coverage, shades too pink, foundation looked powdery and chalky), and Fyrinnae and Jenulence, which both broke me out horribly after just one use. Has anyone else experienced this, or is it just me? I mean, 2 hrs after applying, I saw big, red zits already forming!

Originally Posted by PetiteMama /img/forum/go_quote.gif I've tried quite a few, and the ones that were worst for me were Aubrey Nicole (no coverage, shades too pink, foundation looked powdery and chalky), Pink, powdery and chalky? - sounds like you didn't get the right shade for your skin color. I find AN's coverage to be exceptional. I use Medium Light Neutral and it's a perfect match for me. I've like most of what I've tried otherwise, except Buff'd was a bit drying, Signature made me itch like mad and while everyone loves Lumiere, I could not find a good match and no matter what shade I tried, the coverage was weird on me. I wanted to go back and try it again, but I finally called it quits on all the sampling and stuck with what worked well.

Originally Posted by sgoofi /img/forum/go_quote.gif Of the brands that I'm aware of, Monave is really good with oil control. I think Meow, as well. Usually a MMU brand that includes kaolin clay will usually help with oil control. thanks so much for your help!!

i didint like the Aromaleigh foundation...it made my skin look chalky and..i dunno old?
kopfkratz.gif
its weird, i like their eyeshadows though!

I didn't like the Meow Minerals Purrr-fect Puss, I really, really, really, want to love it, Fisky Sphynx, and Frisky Mau are near perfect matches and the customer service is incredible. But I found that Purrr-fect Puss was too sheer, and didn't last at all. The next sale they have I'm going to try thier other 2 formulations.

I've tried EDM and I like them a lot.

I'm also looking forward to trying Lumiere's FF, if I were to formulate my own MMU my ingredients would look a lot like what they use.

Oceanmist: If you are still looking for testers I would love to sign-up! You can PM me.

Not a big fan of EDM. I found their e/s really chalky, hard to blend, and they weren't very pigmented (with the exception of Hot Chocolate + Good China <3)

Maybe I'm a mutant, but I find most brands work for me. But I still like BE best.

Oh wow, I'd love a sticky like this with reviews and why people didn't like them.

Anyway, so far, I've been really lucky with what I've ordered--only thing, really, was that I was not a huge fan of EDM because it made my face look all chalky. Before that, I'd only tried BE and it made my face red and itchy so I swore of MMU for a year or so until I found MUT. <3 <3 <3

When I first started ordering MMU though I went with the favorites and tried and true of members here, and I'm picky about varying from that
smile.gif

My worst had to be BE. It left my face itchy and turned my skin yellow by day's end. Definitely not good for me. Isn't it funny though how one person's absolute worst is someone else's perfect makeup!

CooCoo
sheep.gif

Didn't like BE - couldn't find a good color and it made my face feel dry. I haven't tried EDM but after reading this post I think I'll skip it.

Originally Posted by girl_geek /img/forum/go_quote.gif I personally think EDM is a bad brand! The only good thing was that their Fair Intensive was close to my skin color -- it's very hard for me to find any kind of mu pale enough for me. But EDM rubbed off ridiculously easily -- it even rubbed off on my blotting sheets which is something that never happened with my regular liquid mu! Plus, it turned orange very quickly with my oily skin.
And their Finishing Dust did nothing -- it didn't make my skin any more matte, it didn't make the makeup last longer, it didn't soak up my oil -- I personally thought it was a complete waste of money!

The only thing I do like is their Anytime Blush... surprisingly, that stays matte better than their Matte foundation! Why couldn't they put that same mattifying ingredient in their foundation?
confused.gif

Anyways, now I'm using Aromaleigh and it's solved all my problems -- it doesn't rub off, it doesn't turn orange, and I can mix 2 colors to get the perfect color!
smile.gif

I got interested in Aromaleigh after reading their forum, spent time choosing samples, then found they don't ship overseas.
kopfkratz.gif

My worse was/is Sweetscents. Super customer service and love the eyeshadows, but every foundation I tried was too peach and applied wet turned orange then turned back to the right shade, but what good is that when it's hot and humid? Great price if I knew what to add to make it less orange and heavier coverage.

SoCal Girl,

I'm currently using Monave and love it, but I still get oily if I don't use a primer same with Meow.

out of my samples EDM is terrible. i know a lot of the ladies on this board love it so no diss to them but for me it looked as cheap as the price. the color was right but it had a drug store look, lack of quality, etc.

i know what a lot of people are talking about BM/BE not having coverage and when i got my kit i was mad as hell so i called cust svc and purchased primer and concealer. it made all the difference in the world. also, changing to synthetic brushes (AN) helped. tried it wet and really liked that too. like i always say i'm heavy handed and use more than the DVD shows you. so you have to work at coverage.

for work BM is my HG and for evening/events/party Monave is my HG

This thread has been fantastic! I'm thinking of switching to a mineral foundation so these tips are great.

I bought a huge order of EDM =( but many people say they didn't like it... I finally use it and it did rub off every easily.. especially where i concealed my blemishes.. also BE made my skin itch.

I am quite dissappointed with Meow. I ordered like a dozen samples foundations, blushes eye products, and almost none of them usefull.

Although the foundation feels good on my skin, it feels like nothing, but the covarage is exacly like that too: nothing at all.

The matt eyeproducts are pigmentless. On the website they look vibrant, but I put on and it is pale and comes off in an hour or so. I tried to apply them wet, then it is too bold for me.

The shimmery eyeproducts are nice , but it also comes off quicky. So it goodfor a quick 2-3 hrs dinnerparty , but thats all.

Originally Posted by Mikitapatel /img/forum/go_quote.gif i didn't like BE minerals at all. It had no coverage, and it made my face itch too. I couldnt really say that be is a bad brand... but their FOUNdation is too white for me and lacks the yellow undertone... for anybody with yellow undertone like me BE will not do the work...
monave is indeed a good brand due to its coverage... what sucks though is my tiny acnes BREAk out after using

Latest posts

Back