How about some BAD MMU Brands?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
BE was bad for me. I hated it. It was the wrong color, they dont have very light shades. I used the lightest one and it was orange on me and gross looking. And the mineral veil wasnt all that great either.

Physicians formula was horrible. Made my pores look 100times worse, and make me look like i caked on the makeup. Good thing i got up early to try it on, so i had time to wash it off cause it looked horrible, or else i would have been late for work.

I tried BE a while ago, when I first got interested in MMU, but it made my skin itch. I think it's because of the buffing and the bismuth oxychloride.

I now use Barefaced Beauty, a UK brand. It hasn't got the bismuth oxychloride in it, and you don't need to buff. It works a treat!

For me, I would have to say BE. Not the greatest coverage imo. Plus I looked orange and shiny! I didn't have the greatest luck with EDM either. But I think it was because I tried the intense formula. To heavy on the face even though I do need the coverage. But I don't think the regular formula will work or me either b/c I have real oily skin and so far, people on here have said it didn't work for their oily skin.

EDM not so great-color choices and too generic, ie: light, medium, warm, etc. Also the new website is horrible and can't see the colors accurately. Alima offeres great customer service, but I thought the foundation coverage was poor.

Originally Posted by makeup_obsessed /img/forum/go_quote.gif Physicians formula was horrible. Made my pores look 100times worse, and make me look like i caked on the makeup. Good thing i got up early to try it on, so i had time to wash it off cause it looked horrible, or else i would have been late for work. Im surprised Physicians formula has been getting negative reviews, I use it also. I prefer my other minerals though because it is heavy feeling. so I dont wear it everyday but the times I have worn it ,it looked pretty good.

I don't like the mineral makeup foundation from Avon. I had to get 2 colors to mix together to get a good color match. One was too dark, and the other was too light.

I didn't have a problem with the application. I used a big Sephora powder brush.

I don't like BM, EDM, Nutrogenia, Physican Formula, or L'Oreal. I do like Jane Iredale though!

I do not like Buff'd. I'll leave it at that.

Meow's customer service and shipping was very good as was the coverage and foundation color selections but the foundation, not the two premium brands, but the basic brand made me itch quicker and worse than BE. I had to wash my face immediately after applying. ??? I'm sure the other two which are designed for more sensitive skin would have been much better selections for me. Thing is, I don't have sensitive skin.

BE. The lip products and eye shadows/liners are great. The foundation is average at best but the color options available are pretty much archaic in comparison to the smaller MMU companies.

The formula is irritating and excessively shiny to many as well.

Signature- made me itch and im trying it again to make sure its what made me itch and I feel prickly-
sleepyhead.gif
On top of that ive got the lightest shade and I asked my hubby " Im trying out a new foundation what do you think ?" and hes like well you look orange.
10.gif

Buffd- way too heavy and cakey and by the end of the day - streaky and blotchy.
scared.gif
Not a good look.

Signature is by far the worst I've sampled. The foundation colors weren't even close to being a match. Soft mint corrector was so bad it made my PPP skin look like I had bright white powder on, no matter how lightly I applied it. To top it off, the foundation wouldn't even cover the corrector, no matter how much I applied.

My husband said it best-- "that's the worst mu I've ever seen you wear"(we've been together 15 years). At least I can use the sample jars to mix colors from other brands.

Let's see... I have tried the Neutrogena mineral makeup... it wouldn't come out of the containter into the brush, so I have no idea if it would have worked or not. The physicians formula is ok, but to me it is more like a setting powder than a foundation.. plus it's kinda chalky (I think I got a color that is too light). Ocean Mist felt like a tight mask on my skin.. way too dry. I'm waiting for Lumiere samples, hopefully those will work better for me.

Wanted to know if anyone had updates regarding this. I don't think I've had a worst yet. I've tried Monave and Milan Minerals, with Monave being the best. I did order Lumiere, but the colors were too light for me.

I dont like EDM. I got the matte formula. The coverage isnt good and it doesnt have long lasting power. At the end of the day, most of it came off.

Fyrianne has better lasting power. But I think it oxidised on my face. It turned darker and sort of orangey.

Originally Posted by rodenbach /img/forum/go_quote.gif Signature is by far the worst I've sampled. The foundation colors weren't even close to being a match. Soft mint corrector was so bad it made my PPP skin look like I had bright white powder on, no matter how lightly I applied it. To top it off, the foundation wouldn't even cover the corrector, no matter how much I applied.My husband said it best-- "that's the worst mu I've ever seen you wear"(we've been together 15 years). At least I can use the sample jars to mix colors from other brands.

*whew* I almost wanted to order their free sampler kit. Im so glad I didnt.

First I tried BE--it looked great & lasted all day, BUT it made me itch & even worse it broke me out in horrendous cystic acne!

Then I tried samples from both EDM &OMC.

As for EDM, I am thoroughly disappointed in the finishing dust & the concealer isn't that great either. I do like their blushes & eyeshadows though. Their Light Winged Butter foundation is a perfect match for me, but I am not convinced I like the quality of it & I keep hearing that their color consistency is horrible.

As for OMC, I love their mineral veil & concealer & blushes & eyeshadows, but I am not convinced I like their foundation.

So far this is all I have tried........

I have very oily skin, I am somewhat fair with yellow undertones. If anyone knows of a brand that helps control oil, doesn't break you out, & lasts long please let me know!

Signature minerals and BE gave me the itchies
frown.gif
I also tried buffd and was disappointed to say the least.........their MMU goes on like a concealer instead of foundation.

BE was prefect for me in the beginning, except for the fact that even their fairest color was too dark and yellow for my skin! I loved the glow, but after awhile the bismuth started to irritate my skin... so now BE is BAD for me.

When I first tried out Signature Minerals, I thought it was bad. I found more than one perfect color matche for my skin, but they just didn't have staying powder on my skin, even with the translucent finishing powder (or even using Monistat Anti-chaffing Gel or Milk of Magnesia as primer). But yesterday I decided to give SM another chance. This time, I used their Petal finishing veil as a primer, then applied their 2.3 light beige foundation and their Roseberry blush, and used Petal again as finishing veil; and let me say, it was beautiful, and it didn't seem to come off at all! I was very pleased. I just might want to order from them again.
biggrin.gif

I just so happened to take pix of me wearing SM yesterday, so I thought I would share! =) The first one is with flash, the second is without!

m_a34e22c36a229961777bab90fcaad1b8.png
m_41cd3ef8547cf0a92a92a57d11dcc8f1.png

I tested Lily Lolo, Lumière, Signature, LaurEss, Alima ... in all these marks, I think that there is none bad of it, simply some correspond better to my type of skin or the color of my skin

sunshine.gif

Originally Posted by fishchick72 /img/forum/go_quote.gif First I tried BE--it looked great & lasted all day, BUT it made me itch & even worse it broke me out in horrendous cystic acne!
Then I tried samples from both EDM &OMC.

As for EDM, I am thoroughly disappointed in the finishing dust & the concealer isn't that great either. I do like their blushes & eyeshadows though. Their Light Winged Butter foundation is a perfect match for me, but I am not convinced I like the quality of it & I keep hearing that their color consistency is horrible.

As for OMC, I love their mineral veil & concealer & blushes & eyeshadows, but I am not convinced I like their foundation.

So far this is all I have tried........

I have very oily skin, I am somewhat fair with yellow undertones. If anyone knows of a brand that helps control oil, doesn't break you out, & lasts long please let me know!

Of the brands that I'm aware of, Monave is really good with oil control. I think Meow, as well. Usually a MMU brand that includes kaolin clay will usually help with oil control.

Latest posts

Back