How about some BAD MMU Brands?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by parladypa /img/forum/go_quote.gif MMU Brands I didn't like:1. Neutrogena

2. Physician's Formula

3. Sheer Cover

4. EDM - but I really wanted to love this product - I just haven't found a good match for my skin. I wrote to customer service, and Kate suggested I try their Matte formulation because their colors are not quite as dark and intense as their Intensive Formulation.

To date, my favorites are (in order) 1) UGlogirl 2) Aromaleigh 3) BE

Happy Thanksgiving

What is your skintone? Maybe we can help.

Monave's concealer-foundation was the worst MMU I have tried! Maybe its the kaolin clay content that made my face feel sticky afterwards?? I also found it harder to blend than the other brands that I had tried.

Lily Lolo and EDM are good brands but I still cant find a decent match for my weird coloured skin
laughing.gif
...I have got some Uglogirl samples on the way now, so fingers crossed!

Alison Raffaele (sold at Sephora; one of the very few they sell)- it's so chalky and dry

i had an SA apply BE on me... it looked so chalky, dry

Originally Posted by halzer /img/forum/go_quote.gif Monave's concealer-foundation was the worst MMU I have tried! Maybe its the kaolin clay content that made my face feel sticky afterwards?? I also found it harder to blend than the other brands that I had tried.Lily Lolo and EDM are good brands but I still cant find a decent match for my weird coloured skin
laughing.gif

Can we see a pic of your face? Maybe we can help you with the color-match
biggrin.gif

Thank you so much ladies for offering to help me with a shade from EDM. The BE 3.0 Medium is a very close match - I tend to look best in the lighter shades of beige with cooler tones.

When I do place my next sample order from EDM, I am going to try their Matte Formulation.

Sorry I don't have any pics yet, but I'll definately get some.

Thanks again for any help you can provide,

Linda

Larenim----- I found useless. Very silky but no coverage!

what is your liquid mu?

I'm Irish and I have the red hair, pale skin, and freckles. It has been hard for me to find a match. The one brand I tried that I thought would be a for sure match was Monave, they had a shade specifically 'formulated for Irish skin' Pssht, it was way too yellow for me, more like it was for an asian type skintone. Plus it looked a bit chalky/mask-like.

They do have nice multi-purpose mineral colors though.

EDM has posed a bit of a problem with color matching too.

and to SilkyMakeup, I just got an e-mail saying my order is on its way to me, so I'll be sure to let you know what I think.

-Laura

Bare Essentials is terrible. It doesn't give good-even coverage and it does not last through out the work day.
scream3.gif

Originally Posted by Mirtilla /img/forum/go_quote.gif I don't like Pure Luxe: the site colors aren't true and the e/s are too powdery I just got in some Pure Luxe e/s and some samples of lippies too.lippies both "Tequila sunrise" and "Brownie" had so little pigment; they are very sheer and they lick right off....useless....

e/s "PURE", satin awesome coverage and lasted all day

"BLING" and "GODIVA" were great: very pretty and had gorgeous shimmer..not too teeny bopper ...very chic, but did not last as long...about 6 hours

Kaleidoscope Visions is very interesting e/s...looks pink, then orange, then copper...opal like sheen I love it. Seems to last.

"Beauty Queen" looks intense but goes on like a sheer with the most pronounced effect being peachy sparkle.

Over all a hit or miss brand for me but samples are $1.oo and are decently sized so still overall worth consideration in my view as their MMU e/s are much more experimental than the brands i have seen.

Originally Posted by pretty_pink13 /img/forum/go_quote.gif neutrogena! How dare they call it "mineral makeup"!!!!
iagree.gif
When I read the ingredients I had to laugh.

BE aged me 10 years.

Aromaleigh is a great company, but their new formula doesn't work for me. I still love their blushes, though.

I didn't like BE either. the coverage was terrible, as if i had nothing on. I also didn't like EDM. I know a lot of people adore EDM, but for some reason, it made me really shiny (even the Intensive formula), plus it came off very easily.

Originally Posted by halzer /img/forum/go_quote.gif Monave's concealer-foundation was the worst MMU I have tried! Maybe its the kaolin clay content that made my face feel sticky afterwards?? I also found it harder to blend than the other brands that I had tried.Lily Lolo and EDM are good brands but I still cant find a decent match for my weird coloured skin
laughing.gif

The concealer foundation was made especially for those with blemished skin in order to cover those effectively, so the concealer foundation is denser than other foundations. I love Monave's regular foundations, though - very creamy and coverage is very buildable.

I didnt like Physician's Forumula either. I found it to be extremely drying. Currently I am using a brand called mineral basics I found at random on ebay.
smile.gif

Originally Posted by Thais /img/forum/go_quote.gif I didnt think it was garbage... I actually thought it covered more than BE. But the colors were not a perfect match to me and it was a bit masky, maybe it was because I was applying too much since it was my first mineral foundation. But it was a good place to start.
smile.gif
I would have to agree with Thais on this one. I've been using BM for a about a month and finally got my Sheer Cover after waiting a couple of months for the order to arrive but finally it did and I've been using it for a few days now. I have to say, it does give better coverage than BM, but the color is a little dark for me (buff), the finishing powder goes all over the place when I try to apply it though, unlike the BM mineral veil, I think more of it gets in the air and wherever it lands after than on my face. Has anybody else felt like when using the mineral veil after applying the BM foundation, that the foundation seems to rub off a little, or the coverage looks not as good as before applying the mineral veil?

I personally didnt like Signature minerals. It made me itch , and it supposedly has the same ingredients that EDM has that I can wear.
kopfkratz.gif

EDM didn't match my skin. I had the two darkest shades and one was too light and the other was too dark. Mixing them didn't do too much for me either. It wasn't bad on my skin though.

Back