How about some BAD MMU Brands?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hated BE, it turned orange on my skin and looked extremely chalky, this is with their "miracle" brushes. I tried it with a primer too. I guess this mmu doesn't work for everyone....oh well.

Originally Posted by broken /img/forum/go_quote.gif I didn't like Aromaleigh foundations (love their blushes and e/s though).Also didn't like Jane Iredale and Glo Minerals.

did you find 1 that you like?

Originally Posted by Thais /img/forum/go_quote.gif Have you guys tried any BAD mineral makeup brands? I mean, brands you tried and didn't like? And why didn't you like it?
I tried stuff from SilkyMakeup.com and the foundation was like a finishing powder, it was a pale yellow color and had no coverage, just mattified the skin.. I didnt like it.

I got my SillyMakeup today and tried it on....Geesh, this stuff is awful. I'm African American and it made me look like a friggin' GHOST. Really ashy. Even the bronzer (or so called bronzer) was bad.
Gald I only ordered a sample.

Great thread! I've only used BE, which didn't agree with me after a while. I ordered EDM samples, but never even used them. I might try MMU again someday, but I'm too in love with my liquid foundation ATM.

Originally Posted by jessicareloaded /img/forum/go_quote.gif Physician's Forumula was pretty disappointing. The powder wasn't fine at all, it felt almost rough going on. The color and coverage isn't impressive either, but I didn't go through a lot of work trying to get the right color, either. Amen to this post!!! I feel the same. when using a brush it made such a mess!! Like blah!! IT was so gross and I agree. it felt just horrible to put on.. so rough and for my skin didnt go on smooth at all!! Deffinitely a no no for me.

Ahh I am sorry it made you look like a ghost! (i heard someone was talking about my makeup on here, i hope its ok to post)... I am working on improving the formula, especially for African American's, I didn't realize that it was too white, im sorry!! Id love some advice from people, trying to make it more smooth. Regarding bronzer, ive been told by a lot of people that they like very light bronzer, im sorry!

Originally Posted by silkymakeup /img/forum/go_quote.gif Ahh I am sorry it made you look like a ghost! (i heard someone was talking about my makeup on here, i hope its ok to post)... I am working on improving the formula, especially for African American's, I didn't realize that it was too white, im sorry!! Id love some advice from people, trying to make it more smooth. Regarding bronzer, ive been told by a lot of people that they like very light bronzer, im sorry! As you can see in this post, it is difficult to please everyone: there are people who didn't like bare escentuals, sheer cover, everyday minerals, etc etc; while other people like these brands. Don't be discouraged! I hope you will be able to use the feedback from here and improve your products even more!
biggrin.gif
Good luck!

Thais

Thanks so much again for your post; you are right, I just now got an email from a girl who loved the foundation and blush ; so I think you are right, i have to get more pigmentation in them. I would definitely love if you'd test some for me, can you email me w/ your name so I can look up your info? thanks so much!!

Silkymakeup, I'll try to pm you with my email. I'm not sure if I have enough posts to pm people yet, but if you can just email me and we can talk. I can help you with your African American colors if you wish. I formulate my own cosmetics and I know how tricky it can be to get those colors right sometimes
doh.gif

Are we allowed to ask for people to test products? I wasn't sure. I know silkymakeup didn't, but I'm curious about this. I did read the rules about promoting products, but I'm not worried about promoting anything right now. Having some testers for new items would be great if allowed.

I have lots of stuff I'd love opinions on!

Oceanmist,

if you need people to test stuff, I'd love to help you.I'm Asian and the closest match to my skin is MAC studiofix C2. You can e-mail me and we'll talk, GOOD LUCK with your products!!!Go girl!!

Silkymakeup,

sorry, I actually meant to include you in my previous post. I'd love to help you with your product line. I'm asian and am crazy for mu and all products. I guess I'm just a product junkie....anyways, you can e-mail me.

Hey guys!! Hope you are having a nice friday evening, ahhh fridays, don't you love them!

Sorry if i said anything i was not allowed to, I gotta go back and read these rules!!! Sure you guys can PM me

Silky, I sent you an email since I can't do PMs yet.

Sunny, I can't email you because you have that option turned off. You can PM me with your email if you'd like. Thanks for the encouragement!

I didn't like Neutrogena - the dispenser brush was a great concept but it just doesn't dispense the minerals well. The powder might actually be good but it doesn't come through the brush, so how will anyone know?

So far, I've tried BM, EDM, Neutrogena, Mineral Basics, & Philosophy. I'm dying to get a sample of the Avon because I've always had good luck with Avon makeup and I'm excited that they have MMU now. But for now BM is my HG MMU!

Originally Posted by lklmail /img/forum/go_quote.gif I didn't like Neutrogena - the dispenser brush was a great concept but it just doesn't dispense the minerals well. The powder might actually be good but it doesn't come through the brush, so how will anyone know?
So far, I've tried BM, EDM, Neutrogena, Mineral Basics, & Philosophy. I'm dying to get a sample of the Avon because I've always had good luck with Avon makeup and I'm excited that they have MMU now. But for now BM is my HG MMU!

I didnt like neutrogena either.

oceanmist i didnt get your email. sorry i havent been on in a few days , Ive been soooo busy!! Hope you girls are having a nice weekend!

I would agree with you on EDM. It came off pretty quickly. But I have to say it was in the huuuuummid summer here.

It's not humid in AZ (very dry) but EDM slid off my face before the day ended, and that's with primer on. That made me sad coz I loved the finish.

Originally Posted by oceanmist /img/forum/go_quote.gif Silkymakeup, I'll try to pm you with my email. I'm not sure if I have enough posts to pm people yet, but if you can just email me and we can talk. I can help you with your African American colors if you wish. I formulate my own cosmetics and I know how tricky it can be to get those colors right sometimes
doh.gif

Are we allowed to ask for people to test products? I wasn't sure. I know silkymakeup didn't, but I'm curious about this. I did read the rules about promoting products, but I'm not worried about promoting anything right now. Having some testers for new items would be great if allowed.

I have lots of stuff I'd love opinions on!

I don't think this is a problem. Doing merchandise on MuT is against the rule, but having people try it out it just like sephora giving samples. You know what I mean?
smile.gif

MMU Brands I didn't like:

1. Neutrogena

2. Physician's Formula

3. Sheer Cover

4. EDM - but I really wanted to love this product - I just haven't found a good match for my skin. I wrote to customer service, and Kate suggested I try their Matte formulation because their colors are not quite as dark and intense as their Intensive Formulation.

To date, my favorites are (in order) 1) UGlogirl 2) Aromaleigh 3) BE

Happy Thanksgiving

Back