How I quit foundation...Cold Turkey.

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It isn't really "bad" for your skin, but a lot of liquid foundations contain waxes, preservatives, chemicals that can irritate your skin or clog your pores, thus leading to pimples, blackheads, etc. The only makeup that is "good" for your skin is probably mineral makeup... because isn't anywhere near as likely to clog your pores. Plus certain minerals are beneficial to the skin, and have a natural SPF which protects your face.

I have recently quit foundation as well, but if I'm having a bad skin day I'll use my mineral makeup. Otherwise I just use concealer and powder and really like not having to worry about it! I also quit eye makeup for the most part because I could never get it all off and it usually irritated my eyes.

me i dont usually wear makeup during the day, if i go out i put on tinted moisturizer and do my eyes and that about it, im not a makeup wearing due to it feeling heavy, and i love the feel of the air onmy skin!!!

i wont step out of the house without foundation previosuly.I used PX Virtual Skin,and no one would ever notice that im actually wearing foundation.Itt will look so natural for me. Few months back, i quit wearing it and just stick with compact powder foundation(lancome maquicake using BB brush). Surprisingly, ppl are asking why my foundation nowadays looks too thick?wohoww!!!but then, i've learned to layer the powder very lightly nowadayz..foundation once a while if im attending functions or dinner..

I quit wearing makeup for 1yr. with exception of lipstick/gloss. I wanted my skin to be more clearer due to the dry weather here and recently dealing with cystic acne. I love the way my skin looks naturally, (this is a photo of me with no makeup but lipstick) but now i'm going to try MMU to update my look...just to give me an edge.

Congrats to you!

I'm off official foundation as well but I do still use concealor & a translucent mineral powder. I also used to do black liquid eyeliner on top lids & then black pencil on my waterline. Maybe I just got a little lazy but now all I do is MAC's Fluidline in Graphic Brown on my eyelids, nothing on my waterline. It's not that much of a difference but it is less harsh than black!

hi baby, i got your post...i am still hanging with no foundation. ever now and then i overdo it with concealor or a little mineral powder and wham, zits. skin is definitely imperfect, but w/o foundation i can let it run nekkid and be its best. i need a little color, as in my last post. i have a ton of reddish blonde wavy hair that sorta dominates and slanted green eyes and a nicely shaped mouth...the other day i put a touch of pearly white shadow on lid and some nars 'malibu' multiple on upper lids, under brows. wow. with no other eye makeup at all, not even mascara on my blonde lashes, this looked great. some malibu on cheeks and a bronzy red gloss with gold glitter. i love glitter gloss..

perhaps i am just senile, but when you are senile you don't care and i don't care. it looks good...

carole

I quit water proof! I don't think it does any good and lots of harm to my lashes....as for foundation I went from ben nye, to liquid, to cake, to loose powder...Im a teenager- I NEED IT! =] But I found good light and full coverage!

I used to wear so much foundation/powder in HS to hide everything (acne scars and uneven skin) but I've been easier on myself for a couple of years. This is the way I was born and intended to look. Plus I did kind of quit powdering myself until there's no shine. I started noticing how in creeped in to the dryness under my eyes and I don't like it.

I looked for that Revlon TM you told me about, but I couldn't find it, but I have stopped wearing foundation to work. Just some concealer and the usual. I do look more shiny though, ah well.

I quit liquid foundation. I could never find a color that matched perfectly. Also it felt heavy on my skin, like my skin couldn't breathe. So I switched over mineral foundation. It looks much better. Also, my skin has really improved due to a visit to the dermatologist so therefore I don't need heavy coverage, just enough to cover up a few acne scars and to even out my skin tone because I get a little redness.

Ellen Marie

I find myself happier with my skin these days than ever before, which is why I only wear foundation when I feel I need it!

i've never wore foundation on a daily basis. i recently quit liquid foundation, i was sick of looking too yellow and having a lot of problems (acne and dry skin). so instead of searching for the right texture in a liquid foundation, that would cover my few acne scars and blemishes, i tried mineral makeup. my skin feels so much better. i only wear it when i'm having a bad day or an acne surge.

Back