How I quit foundation...Cold Turkey.

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Right now Im weaningmyself off of frosty and shimmery shdows. It seems like they are actaully making me look older and I find that the matte shadows give me a fresher more natural look.

i didn't quit using foundation but i did kinda quit on using liquid foundation. i'm using mineral foundation right now and it made my skin so much better. i just have to order samples to find my match. so far, i used the samples i ordered a few months ago and it is too light for me. i am still going to use the liquid foundation. i need to use it up. i don't want to throw $40 away.

Never leave the house without facial sunscreen on. but this is another topic, I too need to quit Acrylic tips..they damage your real nails..but it can be addicting those pretty long fake nails...

I haven't kicked the foundation yet, but I would definately like to. I have some mineral makeup and I have went back and forth between that and cream foundation. I would like to go back to my mineral makeup and then move on to just tinted moisturizer, esp for the summer.

Great job on kickin the addictions girls!!

Congrats! And I guess im not as addicted as I thought I was, I mean, I always try to go bare on weekends. For some reason I can never bring myself to go bare on the days when I go to school. Girls on campus always have their makeup all perfect and I even feel ugly when im just wearing my blush and foundation because the other girls wear shadow and all that stuff.

I think part of the issue is that I have super bad skin, acne :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

argh..i really want to stop too!! but because i have yucky hyperpigmentation or whatever that's wrong with the corners of my mouth..it's all dark and..yucky. i feel like everyone's looking and thinking i look like such a freak with two splotches on both side of my mouth. maybe i'll be brave..and try it out....someday...

I feel very thankful that I never got into foundation even when I started wearing other cosmetics. I found it way too complicated , indimating , and this was back in grade 8 , all the other girls looked flawless but I didnt care. Phew!

Congrats on quittin Amanda you never even needed it!

The only time Ive put on foundation is for photoshoots. I love how flawless and beautiful it makes me look , but its too much of a chore for me to remove at night I am so lazy , and Im fine without it. Feel kind of blessed my face glows and looks fine with just a moisturizer. Ive been thinking of tryin a tinted one but I dont need it and I love my current moisturizer so Im not really out looking for anything.

I think its true though so many girls look amazin without the layers of makeup. Some make themselves look very much worse, or so different you see them without it and your like HUH?? I know girls like this lol and they have further encouraged me to not touch foundation! The natural look with a little blush and a little glow is all we need!

I've never felt like I needed foundation. I could survive perfectly fine with concealer under the eyes and a dusting of loose powder. But sometimes I feel like wearing it, especially a few days before my cycle when I don't feel my skin is as radiant.

Thats awesome that you were able to give up something you thought was a burden though :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

haha, im glad i never got into the whole foundation thing. id be lost when it comes to purchasing. luckily my skin doesnt tolerate it so ive never had to mess with it =]

I could never give up foundation, i buy a new one every few weeks, just to try them out!!

I would love to just get away with a tinted moisturiser, but they make me look worse!!

i have given up one addiction - fake tan.

i used to tan every second night, now i just use a wash off tan when im heading out at weekends and stay natural during week. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

But there's nothing wrong or bad with wearing foundation, is there? I mean of course it's a problem if you feel you can't leave the house without it on, but it's not bad for your skin is it?

I quit a lot of make-up. I used to be OBSESSED with mascaras and eyeliners. I think I had like 40-50 different eyeliners and 10-15 mascaras and I would still keep buying. I wore a different one every day.

And because of my mascara fetish, my lashes are NOT as long as they used to be. That makes me mad sometimes, my lashes were SOOO long now they're not. So, now I hardly ever do my eyes unless it's a special day or am going to a party, etc.

But quitting foundation is definitely something I cant do. I don't wear it every day so I give my skin some relaxing time. But, 3-4 days out of the week, I am wearing either concealer or foundation, I CANT give that up.

Wow, my respects to you! I couldnt go bare because I have so many scars on my face that are so distracting. (people would look at my complexion and not my eyes when I would be talking!) but if I didnt need it, I would feel liberated and would not ever have worn it. Thats awesome!

That's awesome that you were able to quit. I have never worn foundation, I've never felt the need to. I have fairly clear skin, and my mom biased me against it, she is convinced it is bad for your skin. I'm also kind of afraid to try foundation anyway, it looks intimidating to me too. But lately I've wanted to try a tinted moisturizer for some occassions, like if I'm getting pictures done or going to a party, my skin is looking a little blotchy and uneven (maybe it's stress and not sleeping well).

I think foundation can look good when the person has it applied, uhh, correctly. I know two girls who wear it regularly and they apply way too much. As far as I can neither of them appear to have bad skin, but I think the several obvious layers of it takes away from their skin, and I think they would look much prettier if they applied it with a lighter hand.

try coverage only where you need it. i love a kit from benefit, realness of concealness. their lemon aid really covers redness.

After reading this post, I looked at myself in the mirror (bare faced) and realized that I don't really need foundation either. I just have a few blemishes but all I need for that is a little concealer. Thanks for posting this!

I have some scars... and i used to always use thick concealer and powder and it made my skin look great

last week i decided to QUIT concealer...

and now im using only very light powder which eventually fades away... in the beginning I did feel that everyone was looking at my scars... but then i realized that my skin is much better than alot of people

we need to remember that people dont really look so closely to us as we look at ourselves!

I guess I'll be applying tinted moisturiser tomorrow, its sooooo great to get rid of concealer it feels so thick on the face!

Back