How I quit foundation...Cold Turkey.

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I quit my MAC Studiofix powder when I was in Hawaii last summer. I went to the Sephora there and bought the LM tinted moisturizer, and right after I noticed a huge difference in my skin. I moved onto foundation, but I would love for the day to come where I don't wear any foundation at all! You're so lucky!

I use the Revlon Active Tinted Moisturizer. It has sheer coverage and stays all day. It think it retails like $12.00, a lot better than when I used to buy Chanel!

no.never.i am just like you.found. is my daily thing,like eating,drinking and sleeping.and people always tell me why,why why???

i do have very clear face,no pimples,no big pores,very nice...i could go w/o found any time,but i feel bare.not complete.and also-my cheeks are little rosy since i was a kid and i hate that.so w/ found -the slight "healthy' redness is all gone-so that's the reason i'll never quit it.

i'm thinking about quitting using foundation and just use tinted moisturizer. i can always see my pores within a few hours. my skin is so much better without foundation.

has anyone tried Pur Minerals?

I despise any kind of powder. All the MMU makes my face feel dry and itchy! Especially Bare Minerals.

Bare Minerals also feels dry and itchy on me but i'm willing to give it another try but using a different brush. i use a kabuki brush i bought at Walgreens by Perfection. maybe thats the reason why it made me itchy.

Because I don't have oily skin, my blush seems to stay all day. In the hotter weather I layer stains underneath powder blush to increase the wear.

I swtiched to mineral make-up and I love it. It gives me sheer coverage and it's good to my skin. Before I used to have Clinique liquid foundation and it was awful. Made my skin dry and it looked really cakey.

I would like to find some kind of "face base" that could give me more of a dewy look though, while still being sheer.

when i got pregnant last year, i quit foundations all together because my skin looked amazing! not a pimple or imperfection AT ALL.

then, i had my son. imperfections once again. ew. but, a few months ago i discovered mineral makeup. i tossed all my liquid foundations and now use mineral foundation. it feels lighter.

i did quit 24/7 lip balm though. i used to go through a whole tube in just a matter of days.

i also quit "black pencil liner on bottom lashes & thats it", sorta thing.

for whatever reason you can't quit foundation, mineral foundation may be a good alternative as to traditional foundation. =) there are many mineral makeup companies that doesn't carry bismuth. lumiere's flawless foundation worked for my dry skin and doesn't look cakey. they also carry liquid mineral foundation. =)

Congrats on giving up foundation, Amanda! I am going to try switching over to only minerals, so I guess you could kinda say that I am quitting cold turkey. I am gonna hang onto my Revlon Colorstay though until I am sure that Milani is gonna work for me. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Back