How I quit foundation...Cold Turkey.

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
wow, to be honest I go without makeup all the time so I am not sure if I want to wuit something, maybe my highlights cause they damage my hair so much.

I wish I could quit foundation. I've been dependant on it since I was about 13, and I'm still very young. I've atleast been trying mineral makeup instead, which is not as harsh on my skin, but is almost utterly useless for my skin type.

i know! when i stoped using foundation years ago it was just his amazing thing that my skin because better and much happier!

i have one foundation, that i rarely use only if my face is really really red.

or else the most i use is concealers and powder.

congratz, i wish i could quit... it would probably help my skin, but still being in school and being 14(puberty >_<) doesn't really help my case

does powder not count as foundation, because that's what i use as my concealer (i use bare minerals ) :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

That's great! I really want to quit foundation as well, especially in the daytime because it lowers the SPF in my sunscreen.

I haven't been wearing foundation for about 3 days now, I just lightly cover my imperfections with some concealer.

I quit wearing undereye concealer all the time. Yes, I have dark circles but I noticed that the more I became reliant on it, the uglier my dark circles looked. :sleepyhead:

congrats on quitting! i only wear foundation on special occasions (weddings, parties, etc) but i wear concealer everyday for my under-eye circles..

I quit arcrylics. I'd love to quit foundation, I'd save so much money but I'm so oily and need something to disguise my pores, their huge.

congratulations! i wish i could do that! would be another expense less off my cosmetics.

however, i do love my cle de peau satine cream foundation! though i think i can live on dabbing concealer on my face, cdp's makes my face flawless and doesn't make skin breakout.

I quit using regular foundation and instead use mineral makeup. Before I discovered mmu I did quit foundation for a few months to see if it would help my acne. It was awful having complete strangers tell me I should do something about my skin (as if I wasn't already!!). I just don't have a complexion good enough to go without foundation but mmu solves all that and is much better for my skin than liquid or cake foundations used to be.

Congrats on kicking the foundation habit!! :-D

Now I'm just curious as to what tinted moisturizer you are currently using?

i quit foundation as a regular thiing and i am 65! it made me look harsh and older. still wear a touch of blush, mascara on uppers, pale, llike AAE, on lids and tiny bit of liner (shadow applied dry with tiny brush. gloss with some color to it. a little brow color.

that's it. no, my complexion is not flawless, but it looks real and appropriate..

carole

I wish I could quit foundation but my skin is very uneven. If I did I would probably develop an even worse addiction to concealer...not good.

hi, i was never a big foundation fan. only started wearing makeup at 27 (am now 29) and was never really consistent about it. i quit wearing foundation about 6 months ago. at first i would wear loose powder (sue devitt) everyday, but then i quit that too a couple of months ago. mind you, i have seriously oily, blemish-prone skin. but have been taking much better care of it for the past year and it's cleared up a lot... to the point that it has a nice-looking glow. i still have some marks left, but they've faded a lot.

I'm definitely a foundation junkie. I wear alot less now than before though.

And I did quit a makeup product - heavy eyeliner.

I never went without eyeliner before. When I look at pictures from back then, I looked really tired really. I look alot more.. "fresh" now xp

greAT you have been able to quit! I want to start getting into wear makeup more though but seem to never have the time. How do you do it?

I quit powder...i hate the way it creeps into every single crease on my face, arghh :sleepyhead:

i may be tempted to go back to it though...if i can find a really good one

i also quit false nails 'cos they were leaving huge ridges on my own nails

Back