How many brands have you tried?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
These are the brand and the products I have tried so far. A pretty extensive list when you see it like this... :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

The best ones comes first!

1. Lumiere - foundation, powder and e/s - This is my HG!
  2. Silk Naturals - foundation, blush, e/s and lipgloss - I love the foundation and the glosses are awesome!
  3. McDowell's - e/s - Stunning colors and great staying power.
  4. Ocean Mist - foundation and e/s - Natural looking foundation and beautiful e/s.
  5. LaurEss - foundation and e/s - Nice foundation and the e/s colors are beautiful but the staying power is not very good.
  6. MAD - e/s - Nice colors but nothing special IMHO.
  7. IsaDora - pressed foundation - Nice matte coverage for summer, a bit dull for winter.
  8. Signature Minerals - foundation and e/s - Nothing special.
  9. Alima - foundation, blush and e/s - Nice foundation but no color match for me, the blushes and e/s had poor pigmentation.
  10. Jane Iredale - pressed and loose foundation - Looks and feels like a mask.
  11. Bare Escentuals - foundation - To much shimmer, made my pores look huge.
  12. Everyday Minerals - foundation and blush - Made my skin chalky and oily.
Edited because I somehow forgot The She Space, one of the absolutely best places for e/s. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Bare Escentuals, Pur Minerals.... I got pur minerals 4 in 1 because I can travel with it easier. I use the Bare Minerals at home, so I guess I'm using 2 different ones at once. I like the BE better because the Pur Minerals seem to come loose from the pressed package and It gets everywhere just as bad as the BE does. Pur Minerals is less dense I think.

Brands that i had tried so far:-

Foundation, Concealer, Primer

-Everyday Minerals

-Lumiere

-Signature

-Meow (Primer)

Eye Pigment

-Meow

-The SHEspace

Blushes

-Alima

-Everyday Minerals

-Lumiere

-Meow

-The SHEspace

-Signature

My Audrey Nicole foundation, concealer, finishing powder samples are on the way.

Sheer Miracle (not for me)

Everyday Minerals (not for me)

Signature (has some decent blushes and goats milk soap)

Lumiere - nice foundations for summer (too drying for winter), some of the blushes (Spiced Apple!) and eyeshadows are HG material, and the Twinkle lipgloss - which was L/E, unfortunately

Silk Naturals - HG everything - foundation, blush, e/s, finishing powders, lippies, and one-stop-shop for brushes and makeup bags

MAD - Nice multipurpose and e/s colours

The She Space - the HG of eyeshadow land, hands down

There's some other stuff rattling round in drawers, but that's more than enough.

How many brands have I tried?? Too many!! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Everyday Minerals - sampled like crazy - just never found anything I really liked. EM was the first brand I ever tried and I REALLY wanted to love it - but I don't.

Signature Minerals - foundation is too sheer for me

Meow - Loved the FF foundation - but it made me break out. Not so crazy about any of their other products.

Lure Beauty - again foundation is too sheer for me, but like some of their bath and body products, etc

Ocean Mist - seem to be allergic to something that's in their products

MAD Minerals - foundation made me break out

Cory - jury's still out on this one. There are some products I really like, but there are issues with Cory like not the best c/s, smoke smell - etc that are hard to overlook. Currently I'm trying to decide if I'm willing to overlook these issues or not. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

The SheSpace - tried a few samples and a Lip Junk.

Lumiere - I ordered a couple samples from them once - no foundations though

Also have tested samples extensively for a friend who is mixing her own mmu.

And I bought some Silk Naturals samples a while back but never mixed up the foundation or tried them. I am planning to give Silk Naturals another try though, as I really want to try the lipsticks and glosses and the perfecting powder. Also on my list to try is SunCat Natural Mineral Makeup ~ Premium All Natural Mineral Makeup.

My main goal is to find foundation/concealer that gives me enough coverage but doesn't cause breakouts or skin reactions, and lasts pretty much all day. So, for that reason, I'm still looking. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Edited to add - I forgot I've been considering trying Aubrey Nicole mousse minerals as well.

wow!!! very impressed!!!

can you tell me please what foundations and concealer you like the most and why?

thank you !

I have tried at least 20 MMUs in the last 2 years--I went on a systematic search trying samples. My favorites are GloMinerals and Clientele Picture Perfect, but I also thought Lumiere was exceptional. With those brands I was referring to their foundation--but I thought many brands had some good products to offer like eye shadows and blushes. Many brands [Alima, Pure Luxe, etc.] have a truly dazzling array of eye shadows!

A quick list of the ones I've purchased fully or in samples is:

BE[good blush and eye shadows]

GloMinerals[bought it more than once-really liked]

Clientele Picture Perfect[beautiful finish]

Lumiere

Lauress

Cory

Valerie

Pure Luxe[good primer]

PurMinerals

Avon MMU

Physician's Formula

Monave

J Lynne

Aromaleigh[good eye base]

Alima

Youngblood[years ago]

Sheer Cover

Jane Iredale

Mineral Basics

Monarch

Au Courant

Bare Beauty

Milani

Signature Minerals

Just For Redheads

Illuminare

_________________That's about it!!!

I have tried

Lily Lolo

Everyday Minerals

Lumiere

Alima

Meow cosmetics

Mineral Pure Makeup

Cory Cosmetics

Larenim

in foundation I've tried fyirinnae, Minerals Will 4 U, Alienor and G-Minerals

in eyeshadow: Taylor, alienor, fyrinnae, simply naturals, lilylolo, minerals will work for u

Feb 2008 - tried some new companies in the last couple of months

I tried Melange foundation samples and two blush and one (small) eye shadow sample. I also got some skin care samples which were very nice. I won't reorder the MMU.

I also tried a Canadian company called Blusche. I got samples at .52 each during a sale. Nice finishing powder in Glow (more of a Satin finish). Foundation is nice, but I think I like my HG Jenulence and Lumiere better. I have not tried all my samples.

I also finally tried Lure. The finishing powder in A is an HG for me. It is made with Rice powder and goes on light, not chalky and absorbs oil well but is not drying. I can use this as a primer also. Nice eye shadows and I plan on ordering full sizes including Barely There (and others I can't recall the names but I have them in my cart.) Reasonable shipping to Canada.

Valerie Beauty purchased two items during her liquidation sale. Then she decided she did not want to ship First Class to International (I am Canadian). As I will not pay $17.00 in shipping charges, I moved on to other companies. Currently as of this month, she has closed her MMU online shop indefinetly.

SheSpace - received a bunch of samples for .50 each during a free ship sale. Wonderful eye shadows and lots of raves. I also really liked the blushes I received. I suggest trying some blushes also. The colour is intense on the screen and possibly in the baggie. I am usually the lightest or second lightest shade in foundation and I can wear ALL the samples including Recoil which is VERY pink in the baggie but believeable sheer colour on me. Heather has very reasonable shipping costs for international.

In the last couple of months I have reordered from Silk Natuals, Jenulence (foundation) and Aubrey Nicole.

So 19 companies if you count Drug store brand Physicans Formula.

Eveydayminerals(almost all products of them)

Lumiere minerals lipglosses,

Silknaturals.

There are taylormade and coastal scents(I have their lip brush and jars) that I have been waiting.

Lumiere

Meow

Monave

Lauress

illuminare

J.Lynne

Aromaleigh

Aubrey Nicole

EDM

Youngblood

Ocen Mist

Lotus Minerals

Elegant minerals

Silk Naturals

Alima

hi there!!

wow!!! you tried so many!!!!!

what you think about illuminare? lauress?

thank you!!!!

I like illumnare but I have to mix two shades to get what I currently think is a match. I prefer not to have to mix colors. Also illuminare has alot of chemicals in the ingredient list so it might not be what a mineral makeup purist is looking for. I love illuminare's fast action applicator pad. It helps to make a very smooth, very quick application of liquid makeup. I really like Lauress too, especially since zinc is the first ingredient, nice protection from the sun.

Back