How Often Do You Wash Your Hair?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I used to wash my hair everyday but I dye it now more so I try to do it less.

I wash it now like every 3 days or so....but since it has been a habit for so long to wash everyday, I usually still condition everyday.....plus my hair has been really really dry and this seems to help :)

i used to wash everyday otherwise I feel soo dirty!But after coming to france, Ive realised that washing my hair everyday had caused me bad itchy dandruff ( dry weather) and hair dropping at alarming rate!My hair never drop this much..Im compmetely idealess on what to do, fixed an appointment with doc

Okay, this morning when I "washed" my hair, I skipped the shampoo and only used conditioner. I'm going to style it like normal and see how it wears. I'll keep ya'll updated.

I only wash it two three times a week, i can't just condition it because it gets super greasy because i get too sweaty when i workout so i have to shampoo it. Otherwise i feel gross lol.

I wash mine every day... lol

Maybe I'll start trying to only wash it a couple days a week and see if there is any improvement... I think that I'd feel gross though! My hair starts to look nasty quickly!
frown.gif

every day, sometimes twice a day. i would love to know how you cang et away with not washing it. my hair gets greasey lip flat gross eww

Originally Posted by Faith-Abigail /img/forum/go_quote.gif Okay, this morning when I "washed" my hair, I skipped the shampoo and only used conditioner. I'm going to style it like normal and see how it wears. I'll keep ya'll updated. So far, so good! My hair feels a little heavier than normal and it doesn't feel"clean" like it usually does when I first wash it but it doesn't feel dirty or greasy, either. In fact, it was easier to style today than normal and I didn't have to use as much or as many products. Plus, no flyaways!...which is always a big problem for me.

I used to wash my hair everyday but after moving to California I found the dry climate made my hair get less oily. Now I wash it every other day, sometimes even less. I try to align it with my workout schedule. If I run every other morning I'll just shower and wash my hair afterwards. You can also try Lulu's Organic Hair Powder, it's a dry shampoo that absorbs the excess oil in your hair. It's a great substitute for going through the whole regime of washing your hair if you're only a little bit greasy.

I wash mine every day, because I use product to spike it up.

I guess that's an advantage to short hair..if it gets damaged, you just cut the shit off.

I hope I do not sound disgusting....but I only wash my hair once a week, on a Saturday. I have quite thick hair and it does not get greasy, if I wash it alot it gets too frizzy. So I wash it once a week and then in between I keep it clean with leave in products and brushing.

ps..I have a bath everyday...it is only my hair that stays dry!

I wash my hair every two or three days, because it get's oily quick. I allways air dry it and i hardly use any styling agents. Although i have long hair it doesn't split a lot.

hmm,sometimes i do wash my every day.....and sometimes i don't.

like for example,last year i was basically obsessed(i know,ugly word) with From First To Last,only because i thought Sonny Moore was so uber hot..... and so,i would follow his hair thing,which was a shower once a week,leaving all the grease in your hair,and then teasing it like crazy to get the emo/dirtiness of Sonny Moore. that only lasted for 5 weeks.

but i must say,the less you wash your hair,the less colour washout you get,which was nice because i kinda had the Pixie Acia hair dye thing,black and pink is hard to keep in your hair when your a natural ginger....

Some of you are very lucky I think of myself as the very, very unlucky one! I have to wash my hair every single day including weekends because if I do not wash my hair everyday it gets so greasy/oily by the very next day. Not just that but I'm a very cleanly kind of person hygiene means a lot to me so I just can't go without showering everyday anyway!

I wash my hair Mondays, Wednesdays, and Saturdays. xD. Now that I've actually written it out it seems kinda pathetic that I have a sechdule...
moa.gif

Originally Posted by esha129 /img/forum/go_quote.gif I have to wash mine everyday if I'm going somewhere, it's the only thing that wakes me up. It's not even the fact that it looks greasy, it just feels greasy to me and the only thing that'll wake me up in the morning. Samt for me

I went through this no shampoo all naturalness phase, but I used like baking soda and vinegar to wash my hair - it actually felt better than with shampoo, but you have a period of about a month of yucky hair whilst your scalp gets used to it. I dyed my hair recently which upset all the natural balances I had... and I can't be bothered with a month of blah right now, so it's back to shampooing about two or three times a week

I usually wash mine everyday as it only takes a few seconds....well what's left of my real hair
frown.gif

Back