How Often Do You Wash Your Hair?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My hair is fairly short (chin-length), very fine, very thin, dark blonde, and stick-straight. So I have to wash it EVERY DAY; sometimes in the summer when it's especially hot & humid here in the "Sah-owth" I even have to wash it when I get home from work if I'm going out in the evening or if I'm just truly gross and sweaty and need a shower before I touch furniture, LOL! My sister is the total opposite with dark brown, long, curly hair you can barely get a comb through. (She got Dad's hair, I got Mom's, our brother is exactly in the middle.) She can go several days between washings, in fact if she washes every day it gets wildly curly and unmanageable. She envies my hair and I envy hers, isn't that the way it always goes?

I wash mine everyday, maybe i can skip during the weekend, but during the week, warm water on my head wakes me up, and i've tried just wetting my hair, i still have my roots greasy and curtain hair (aka no volume), so i prefer washing everyday.

Anymore, I only wash when I need to.

I used to wash everyday as long as I was wearing my hair "natural" and not flat ironing it, but I've been keeping it straight and it takes way too long to flat iron every day (over 2 hours from blow dry to finish- I got a lot of hair and it's crazy thick, plus that's just too much heat everyday, sooo destructive!) so I only wash when I have too much product build up or my scalp gets flakey or my hair isn't responding to styling.

And a lot of times it's only conditioner washing, not shampoo (like when I color my hair, obviously no shampoo in that process.)

So it varies. Could be once a week, could be 2 times a week, could be 3 times in a month.

I wash it every other day. I don't think it's good to wash your hair every single day.

i wash it every other day and it still gets really gross sometimes. the thought of only a few times a month scares me
frown.gif

once a week but i have relaxed aa hair so you cant wash it a whole whole lot. My hair is dry especially in the winter so once a week def in the winter and twice a week in the summer time.

I wash my hair every 2 or 3 days, depends if it looks greasy and how much products I have used
smile.gif

btw I read the article about Jessica Simpson (she has gorgeous hair all the time) and I think it was not her dad that said the fact about her hair but Ken Paves, her hairstylist.

get.php

*I would love him to take care of my hair for once because he does a good job with Jess
smile.gif

I have short fine hair, oily scalp. I wash it every other day. At first, skipping a day drove me crazy and I thought my hair was greasy. But after a while, my scalp adjusted and every other day is fine now. I rinse it every day and condition, and it works for me.

i wash from every day to every other. I lean towards the latter during the summer (with intensive conditioner since i have thick long hair) and the former during the summer.

Every other day or sometimes every 3rd day. I usually wash my fringe every day though because it gets greasy, and I don't want to wash my hair too often.

evrey couple of days now, my hairdresser told me i washed it too much when i told her sometimes twice a day i used to have this weird thing that if my cows lick (my quiff thing that never goes away) wasn't sitting properly when i tonged my hair i had to re-wash my hair, weird i know but i've grown to like my weird kink in my fringe lol, i hope someone knows what i'm on about i dont know the actual term its like a little sticky up bit
smile.gif
x

I was my hair everytwo weeks. Since I'm african america, my hai is actually very dry, so I have to put oil on it and stuff. When I usually tell caucasian people about that, they're like WHAT?

xD

Every other day, though that's kind of stretching it since my hair gets gross by the 2nd day
frown.gif

I wash my hair every day with cleansers from the dermatologist. I have to because of problems with seborrheic dermatitist. Otherwise I have major dandruff problems.

I don't like the way my hair feels or looks if I don't wash it every day. It gets a bit greasy.

Everyday. The second day my hair looks greasy. But if I wash them in a morning, they keep fresh until night, so it's not that bad.

my hair isn't greasy at all. i usually wash/condition every 2-3 days. if i overwash it gets unmanageable

Back