How old is everyone here?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm 22.. not too bad of an age I guess!
glasses.gif

Originally Posted by bCreative /img/forum/go_quote.gif Well I'm 24 now! Yesterday was my birthday.
smile.gif
Congrats
laughing.gif

I think I'm officially in my later 20's now. Too old to still be a carefree kid, old enough to be offended when somebody thinks I'm still in college or worse high school...

I've been (somewhat jokingly) told I still look 12.

Realistically I think i look at least high school senior? 17-18 at least? hopefully at least college aged?? I suppose I still get carded enough to where I look nowhere near my age. I guess I don't know for sure what the public things I look like. I know a lot of people seeing me for the first time don't believe I'm legally able to drink alcohol, even if I'm the oldest one in the room by a few years. Is it bad I get offended from people asking what high school or college I attend (I work at a 2 year college, so people assume I'm a student here -- which would imply 18-20 years old)? I guess maybe I've had the whole "look super young" thing for so long that I feel I'm a bit more mature and intelligent than college freshman -- especially since when I was a college freshman I was still so very naive and sheltered! and not that I was immature back then, but I just really didn't know much at all about life!

I'm one of the only people (actually come to think of it, I'm the only person) in my friends group out here with a regular 8-5 job (they're mostly 19-24 years old), and I turn into a pumpkin at midnight, while they're still partying it up at 4am...

i'm 22!

Annelle - I have a 8-5 job (i sold my soul early in life....) I'm home from work for a few weeks and the kids in the neighborhood come by door to door to sell things, they rang the doorbell last week, and asked me if my parents were home. I sighed and said, no, this is my house.

happy birthday shaundra

Originally Posted by Annelle /img/forum/go_quote.gif I think I'm officially in my later 20's now. Too old to still be a carefree kid, old enough to be offended when somebody thinks I'm still in college or worse high school...
I've been (somewhat jokingly) told I still look 12.

Realistically I think i look at least high school senior? 17-18 at least? hopefully at least college aged?? I suppose I still get carded enough to where I look nowhere near my age. I guess I don't know for sure what the public things I look like. I know a lot of people seeing me for the first time don't believe I'm legally able to drink alcohol, even if I'm the oldest one in the room by a few years. Is it bad I get offended from people asking what high school or college I attend (I work at a 2 year college, so people assume I'm a student here -- which would imply 18-20 years old)? I guess maybe I've had the whole "look super young" thing for so long that I feel I'm a bit more mature and intelligent than college freshman -- especially since when I was a college freshman I was still so very naive and sheltered! and not that I was immature back then, but I just really didn't know much at all about life!

I'm one of the only people (actually come to think of it, I'm the only person) in my friends group out here with a regular 8-5 job (they're mostly 19-24 years old), and I turn into a pumpkin at midnight, while they're still partying it up at 4am...

I"m 25 years old and still have people asking what grade I'm in. I will not take it as an insult, but as a blessing. There are a lot of people trying to look younger while we both have that naturally.
Think of it this way: By age 50, you'd may look as old as 40 (with no wrinkles)
laughing.gif

Originally Posted by spiritchild /img/forum/go_quote.gif Think of it this way: By age 50, you'd may look as old as 40 (with no wrinkles)
laughing.gif
lol that's what everybody always says. But it's kind of sad that I'll have to wait until the final third of my life (the part where I'll be senile and not remember anything anyway!) to where my looks will finally catch up to me, and people will take me for closer to my age!
I guess I get offended because I've run into too many situations where people don't take me seriously as an adult or educated individual because they think that I'm 15 years old, even when though I'm years older than they are. Or when my 20 year old friends get the "here's your drink" and then they turn to me with a look like "aw how cute the little minor is trying to buy something, does the widdle girlie want one too?" and i'm like...yeah. i've been old enough for almost a decade now -.- I'm well past the "ooh yay finally old enough" rush.

Originally Posted by Annelle /img/forum/go_quote.gif lol that's what everybody always says. But it's kind of sad that I'll have to wait until the final third of my life (the part where I'll be senile and not remember anything anyway!) to where my looks will finally catch up to me, and people will take me for closer to my age!
I guess I get offended because I've run into too many situations where people don't take me seriously as an adult or educated individual because they think that I'm 15 years old, even when though I'm years older than they are. Or when my 20 year old friends get the "here's your drink" and then they turn to me with a look like "aw how cute the little minor is trying to buy something, does the widdle girlie want one too?" and i'm like...yeah. i've been old enough for almost a decade now -.- I'm well past the "ooh yay finally old enough" rush.

wow... I guess I can sympathize with you. I've had days where I get carded just to buy one thing. About a month ago I was told by a manager at a fabric store that I was not allowed to shop in the store unless I was 18 or older. It does sound like you get that everyday.
I hope you don't get offended, but does looking young for your age influence your using makeup?

I mean, discussing it doesn't really offend me, it's more when people just assume I'm still a kid I guess. I didn't mind being assumed to be a kid when I still felt like a kid...but with most of my friends out here being an average of 3-5 years younger than me, I'm almost always one of the oldest ones in the group, and usually by a few years.

Honestly I never really thought about how it affects my makeup. I really didn't start using makeup until I joined cheerleading in high school, and even then, the only times I really wore makeup were for games and competitions.

Then when I started college, I wore makeup for the first month of each semester (gotta have that good first impression) ....but then I'd get lazy and just wake up 5 minutes before I'd have to leave the house!

I didn't really start using and feeling like I was starting to master the whole make up thing until I moved out to California. I grew up in the midwest and looks weren't as big of a focal point as it is out here and the first job I got out here was the "girl at the front desk who looks pretty and tells you to sit in the waiting area for 10 minutes while I get the manager for you" person. Of course I wore full makeup to the interview, and the guy basically told me "The owner of the company *cough* likes the girl up front to look well kept up" -- and I guess I was prettier than the person who already had the job who was working part time (my full time availability also bumped me into her position)

So working there got me into the habit of putting makeup on everyday. I suppose I do go a lot more dramatic than I probably should (neutral shadows are now my being lazy, not my work face. I'll wear any color in the rainbow for work), but I think that's mostly because I'm honestly still in my first year of really wearing makeup and all of it is still fun and fairly new.

I DO feel a bit more confident that I look older and better and more knowledgeable (although that part makes no logical sense, it just does help me feel more confident in those ways) if I'm all made up instead of when I've just got a plain face.

Back