How old is everyone here?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
28 years but look like i'm 16. anyone have the same problem?
frown.gif

To lealynn: I'm in the same boat, but I'm loving it!

Originally Posted by Annelle /img/forum/go_quote.gif I mean, discussing it doesn't really offend me, it's more when people just assume I'm still a kid I guess. I didn't mind being assumed to be a kid when I still felt like a kid...but with most of my friends out here being an average of 3-5 years younger than me, I'm almost always one of the oldest ones in the group, and usually by a few years.
Honestly I never really thought about how it affects my makeup. I really didn't start using makeup until I joined cheerleading in high school, and even then, the only times I really wore makeup were for games and competitions.

Then when I started college, I wore makeup for the first month of each semester (gotta have that good first impression) ....but then I'd get lazy and just wake up 5 minutes before I'd have to leave the house!

I didn't really start using and feeling like I was starting to master the whole make up thing until I moved out to California. I grew up in the midwest and looks weren't as big of a focal point as it is out here and the first job I got out here was the "girl at the front desk who looks pretty and tells you to sit in the waiting area for 10 minutes while I get the manager for you" person. Of course I wore full makeup to the interview, and the guy basically told me "The owner of the company *cough* likes the girl up front to look well kept up" -- and I guess I was prettier than the person who already had the job who was working part time (my full time availability also bumped me into her position)

So working there got me into the habit of putting makeup on everyday. I suppose I do go a lot more dramatic than I probably should (neutral shadows are now my being lazy, not my work face. I'll wear any color in the rainbow for work), but I think that's mostly because I'm honestly still in my first year of really wearing makeup and all of it is still fun and fairly new.

I DO feel a bit more confident that I look older and better and more knowledgeable (although that part makes no logical sense, it just does help me feel more confident in those ways) if I'm all made up instead of when I've just got a plain face.

That's interesting. While I look young for my age, I usually don't bother with makeup because I'm unsure of how most colors would look on me. I did fall in love with the colors available in nail polish and eyeshadow, but I'm afraid of looking like a clown. Hence, I rarely use makeup and usually look young.
I wish I could offer suggestions, but I really don't know what to say or suggest (btw i'm new to the makeup scene as well).

Yup, gonna be 31 in october. Man how time flies. I had so many things I wanted to this year and it is practically half over before it gets started. Uhg, 31 already!!
frown.gif

Originally Posted by Annelle /img/forum/go_quote.gif lol that's what everybody always says. But it's kind of sad that I'll have to wait until the final third of my life (the part where I'll be senile and not remember anything anyway!) to where my looks will finally catch up to me, and people will take me for closer to my age!
I guess I get offended because I've run into too many situations where people don't take me seriously as an adult or educated individual because they think that I'm 15 years old, even when though I'm years older than they are. Or when my 20 year old friends get the "here's your drink" and then they turn to me with a look like "aw how cute the little minor is trying to buy something, does the widdle girlie want one too?" and i'm like...yeah. i've been old enough for almost a decade now -.- I'm well past the "ooh yay finally old enough" rush.

hehe.gif
hey i kno exactly how you feel. I'm 19 which is still ok to look somewhat young but sometimes it annoys me. I used to work as a cashier at a grocery store and one time a couple asked me how old I was because their 12 yr old daughter wanted to start working already and I look the same age so they were interested in her applying and at first I thot maybe they were joking but they werent lol. That kinda brought me down especially when older people speak to me as if I'm 13 just because I look like it even tho they kno I'm way older. But most of the time its funny and I can get away with lower admissions prices at some places lol

Back