How old were you?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was 18, I'm 20 now, we don't have kids yet. And I met him 3 years ago. Our last few months sucked, but everything is awesome now.

I wouldn't have gotten married so early, but I'm the homebody type, I don't love going out every weekend and drinking my a** off, if I did, I'd probably just have bf's instead of a long term relationship. Not that that is wrong, I'm just too lazy for it, I'd rather drink at home with him and our friends. He's the same way so it worked out good.

Originally Posted by Pinkgirl84 /img/forum/go_quote.gif Just got married in july 7-7-07 i am 22 turning 23 in dec my husband is 33 I HATE you! jk Since I was 16 I said I wanna get married on 7/7/07(so that my bf at that time wouldnt forget our wedding date) which means i woulda got married at 21 but nope it didnt happen cuz my bf thinks hes not financially set yet, i was sooooo bitter that day and hated everone who got married on "my" wedding day.

I haven't married yet.

Now I'm 22 years old.

And I will marry before 25 years old because my parents are so old

and they want to see me marry.

First marriage to high school sweetheart at 19--lasted 2 years. Second marriage I was 30 and we'll just leave that alone.

My bf and I have been together for 5 years (we started dating when I was 16 and he was 17 and a half) and marriage is nowhere near in our plans. We do want to get married, but we're both in University, I still have got 2 years of school left, plus having a permanent job in my field, saving up money... it's not happening in the next 5 years. And honestly, even if we were finantially independent right now, I don't know if I could be married right now... I'm 21, I still feel like a kid, even thought I'm not immature... I think this feeling is mostly due to my culture; like in other European countries, people marry in their late 20's, it's just not usual to be married so soon. Also, taking in consideration that people's goals and expectations for their lives, as well as their values, dramatically change up until they're 25, I think it's better to wait. I don't mind waiting; we have a great relationship, we've only fought like twice since we've been together (and that was during the first two years) because we talk when we disagree on something. We support eachother, we joke and tease one another, we respect and trust eachother and have a very healthy dynamic in between us. We agree on pretty much everything when it concerns living together (finances, chores...), raising our (future) children... So, I don't mind waiting because I know he will be the one waiting for me down the aisle.

I'm 25 and I'm not married. It really wasn't until my current guy that I even started considering marriage. We talk about it A LOT and it's likely we'll at least go through the ceremony (we both have bad debt so we feel it's best to fix that issue before we get the law involved). I am, kinda sorta considering suggesting getting engaged on our next anniversary (feb 4th!) but..... I'm a bit scared to suggest the idea. Give him a bit of alcohol and he'll spend the entire night ranting on about how badly he wants to marry me.

I know the average age of marriage is 25 for women, 27 for men. A LOT of friends have been getting married the past few years. We're actually one of the rare couples that hasn't taken the jump yet, but we've been together the longest.

I got engaged when I was 21 but thankfully called it off 3 weeks later. That guy should really be removed from the face of this earth to save women the trouble of dealing with him.

I live in Sweden and the average age for getting married is 31.9 years for women and 34.5 for men! I'm 32 and not yet married so I guess I'm a little overaged even here...
wink.gif

I was 17 and he was 20. It was Oct. 8th, 2004. I had been with him since I was 14... We were high school sweethearts and then he moved away and we had about 6 months of a long-distance relationship. It worked out really well and we were both totally faithful. Then, we got married and everything went south. We were arguing when we weren't working and then he started talking on the phone a lot to my "best friend"... Didn't bother me so much because of the fact that his "best friend" was married to her and they had a child together... LoL Well, on July 3rd, 2005, we split up (I thought he was having an affair) and we filed for divorce in December of 2006. We tried to work it out several times, but it just didn't happen. Oh, and he wasn't having an affair when I left, but he did end up with her as soon as I left! Behind his "best friend's" back.

I am now in a steady relationship, living "in sin"... My ex is living "in sin" with his girlfriend now, too. Not my ex-best friend... who is trying to work it out with her husband & now has 3 children.

I hope to get married again, but not for a while! I will probably be 22-24 when I remarry.

I will be 25 in 10 days and I am not married yet. Do you think Jane Austen would call me a spinster?
biggrin.gif

My mum got married- 16 yrs ol'

My 3 aunts- 15, 16 and 16ol' itselves!

My elder sister - 17 yrs ol'

Now my turn - I just got engaged last december and going to getting married this August..and Im 27
biggrin.gif
( where my mom thinks all this while I was under an evil spell coz i didnt get hitched bfore this lolz!) Worst, they even seeked few religious medians help to see if there's anything wrong with my luck goshhh lolz!

I was 23. I turned 24 on our honeymoon. Marriage is awesome. I prayed for my husband when I was 20 yrs old (and was sure of what I knew I wanted in a man). He came when I was 23. Every single little thing that I asked for.....and more.....is in this man. We are so in love and so happy. I can see us lasting till death, hopefully. He's such a good husband and father. i'm blessed.

Weird i just got finished talking about that...i have a friend who got engaged when she was 18 WTF is going on its pissing me off that my friends are getting married or engaged im to young for that phase in life!!!!!!!!I think it takes a really strong couple that is willing to make changes and compromise
smile.gif

I was married at 24 divorced at 29. My first husband turned out to be an ass. We have a Daughter together who is the best thing in my life. I am remarried, 5 years to an incredible man and very happy!

im 22 and my fella proposed last oct... i think i'll wait till im about 24 n hes 27 b4 we get married already been together 4 yrs

Back