Huge rave for Dreamworld Minerals

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree with Simi. I've ordered numerous times from Dream World and have been very happy with everything I've gotten. I've had no reservations using my credit card to order from her. If you check her site, the price of her samples have gone down from $1.00 to .75. I posted the question on her forum to ask what the size of her samples now were (since the size had went down the last time I ordered). Tana's response was that the size was going to stay the same and Ellie just wanted to give her customers a better value. Her toppings went up a couple of bucks in price, but if you look you will also see that the size has gone from 20gram to 30 grams now, again so that her customers get a better value. I think Ellie is very honest, but may be trying to do too much to satisfy her customers. I don't know if she still is, but she was doing special custom mixing for her customers and that took alot of time. I know I made a request for a customized foundation. What she sent me wasn't quite right (my fault for not giving her the exact proportions), I called her, she had me send her a sample of what I mixed, but still had trouble exactly matching it, but it was almost too close to be considered different. I would have been fine with it. However, she wasn't happy with it, so she sent me a large jar of what she had mixed, plus three large bags of the colors I had told her I had used, so I could mix my own. She sent me the second full size foundation she had mixed, plus the three extra large bags of Pinga, Ala, and Ki, so I could mix my own, at no cost to me. I'll probably have enough foundation to last a couple of years now. It seems like her stuff is so popular that she's having trouble keeping up with all the customers' requests. I simply asked her about her new concealer and color correctors and she volunteered to send me free samples of them to try. I loved them, by the way. I order alot of mineral makeup and think Dream World is one of, if not the best company out there. Ellie may just be too nice for her own good. According to her forum she's been very sick lately with some kind of bug that just won't let go, but is trying her best to get orders out, plus get ready for her new sale that started yesterday.

Originally Posted by labaddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif how did you get free samples? I had ordered a sample of her Pasiqeu concealer. It was too dark for me, but someone on her forum had gotten a sample of her Nyx, Heget, and Nut. I asked how the Nyx compared to the Pasiqea and Ellie was the one who answered my question and then told me she would just add some free samples of all three to the order I had just made, since none of the three were on her site yet. Sure enough, when my order arrived I had samples of all three included.
Again Ellie is soooo busy, plus she's been sick, but you can tell she really cares about her customers and loves what she does and her products are I believe some of the best stuff on the market. I spent over $100.00 for my first order, then made several smaller orders before I found my foundation match, I then spent almost $200.00 during her recent Fairey Day Sale and am already making a list of stuff I want from her Christmas in July Sale. By the way, during her Christmas in July Sale she is giving away free gifts every week with any order, plus with the code JULY15 you get 15% off your order and she's giving free shipping for orders over $50.00 after the discount. Hopefully she's gotten the kinks worked out of her slow shipping problems, but even if she doesn't, I'll wait for her stuff. It's worth it! Don't even both ordering a sample of her Whipped Cream or Whipped Strawberries Topping. Just go ahead an order a full size of them. They are fantastic. Again the price has gone up on them a couple of bucks, but the size has also gone up from 20 grams jars to 30 gram jars, because everyone was using so much of them. I also love her Angel Silk, Coca Silk, and Butterscotch Silk. In fact, all of her Finishing/Primer powders are great, as are her foundations, eyeshadows, and blushes.

One more thing, I don't know if it's a permanent thing or not, but on my last order, I ordered a bunch of full size eyeshadows. This time she sent them in I guess about 5 gram jars with sifters, but the jars were those stackable screw on jars. Meaning that if you go on vacation you could pick out the colors you wanted, take the caps off, and screw them all together or in groups, so they wouldn't all be loose in your makeup bag. I thought that was a very nice feature. They are the nicest jars I've ever gotten from any company. Again, though, I don't know if she's going to be using these jars all the time. My first couple of orders had just regular jars.

Just abit of complaining here....i was just making my orders and I had to repeat the whole ordering process like for about 4 times and finally I managed to capture everything in the final stage. The checkout was a prob, I keyed all details and and they keep alerting me the same stuff to enter....I was getting pissed and closed the page. I love dreamworld, my fav and lasting of all MM so I emailed ellie and told her the prob. Hope to hear from her real soon.

I love dreamworld foundie..at last found my HG.

Emma

Can anybody suggest which DW foundation shade i should use?

skin undertone/tone/color is a cross between these?

brenda-song-at-film-party.jpg

and

Yamada-Takayuki.jpg

and

250px-LeeYeonHee1.jpg

Plus, can ppl also suggest the foundation shade that will suit each of these artist the best?

Thanks soo much!! this thread is really helping me!

How does Dreamworld foundation do on over 40 skin? I have combo skin, oily T zone after a few hours but normal everywhere else. Some foundies can be drying and make us middle aged gals appear older as the day wears on.

Originally Posted by easterdawn /img/forum/go_quote.gif How does Dreamworld foundation do on over 40 skin? I have combo skin, oily T zone after a few hours but normal everywhere else. Some foundies can be drying and make us middle aged gals appear older as the day wears on. Dream World currently has three levels of foundations (Mists, Sands, and Luna). I am in my late 40's with fairly dry skin. I've used the Mists and Sands and surprisingly neither have dried my skin out (I usually have trouble with mineral foundations drying my skin out). Within the next week or so (during her Christmas in July sale) Ellie is releasing two more formulas of her foundation (Rice and Silk), so everyone should be able to find what they need. Her underlings and toppings are absolutely wonderful. The toppings come in three formulas (one with kayolin clay, one without kayolin clay, and one with just silk.). If you don't buy anything else from her, at least get some samples of mummy dust, whipped cream, angel silk, butterscotch silk, and cocoa silk. She needs to sell that stuff by the gallon.

Originally Posted by labaddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif Can anybody suggest which DW foundation shade i should use?

http://s163.photobucket.com/albums/t...film-party.jpg

and

http://s163.photobucket.com/albums/t...a-Takayuki.jpg

and

http://s163.photobucket.com/albums/t...eeYeonHee1.jpg

Plus, can ppl also suggest the foundation shade that will suit each of these artist the best?

Originally Posted by labaddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif Can anybody suggest which DW foundation shade i should use?

http://s163.photobucket.com/albums/t...film-party.jpg

and

http://s163.photobucket.com/albums/t...a-Takayuki.jpg

and

http://s163.photobucket.com/albums/t...eeYeonHee1.jpg

If you have yellow undertones, try Tethys or Minerva.
I bought some stuff from DW last night and I can't wait to get them! I got 2 samples each of the glows, plus samples of the Summer of Danger, Mother Earth/Father Sky, and Atlantis worlds. I also got a full size of Ra's Chariot e/s 'cause it's a very pretty color, as I already tried it from a sample. The savings is pretty huge after the discount, $11 with free shipping because I got more than $50 worth of products after the 15% discount. There's a free lipgloss for this week too (well, almost free, since it's $.01). I also got samples of the finishing powders plus a full size of Peach creme topping. If you are eyeing stuff from DW, I suggest you take advantage of the discount, free shipping over $50, and the free lipgloss (freebie for this week).

Back