Huge rave for Dreamworld Minerals

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by periwinkle_sky /img/forum/go_quote.gif laurie_lu- have you seen other people wearing DW foundation? It is really not shimmery per se, but it's definitely not flat. It has, not even a glow for me, but the face looks radiant with it. I hope you try it out, because even if it's not flat-out matte, it's not shimmery either. I'm going to have to interject here...sorry periwinkle.....I hope you don't mind.
smile.gif
I know from sampling, that most of DW's foundations are just as you said...not shimmery, but just radiant, but in the case of what colors Laruie_lu is interested in trying they *are* downright shimmery. I only know this because when Ellie made Sekhemet specially for me I specifically asked for shimmer or sparkle. And also the original Theia has shimmer to it as well. (although I also have a special version of Theia that has no shimmer in it at all) When I sampled the dozen or so yellow and olives Ellie had, Theia was one of the only ones with downright shimmer. (which I loved!)

I don't mean to step of any toes, but I know some people really want to avoid shimmer, and I don't want anyone who samples Theia or Sekhemet to be dissapointed, as those colors are near and dear to me
smile.gif

Originally Posted by egyptomaniac /img/forum/go_quote.gif I'm going to have to interject here...sorry periwinkle.....I hope you don't mind.
smile.gif
I know from sampling, that most of DW's foundations are just as you said...not shimmery, but just radiant, but in the case of what colors Laruie_lu is interested in trying they *are* downright shimmery. I only know this because when Ellie made Sekhemet specially for me I specifically asked for shimmer or sparkle. And also the original Theia has shimmer to it as well. (although I also have a special version of Theia that has no shimmer in it at all) When I sampled the dozen or so yellow and olives Ellie had, Theia was one of the only ones with downright shimmer. (which I loved!)

I don't mean to step of any toes, but I know some people really want to avoid shimmer, and I don't want anyone who samples Theia or Sekhemet to be dissapointed, as those colors are near and dear to me
smile.gif

No you didn't step on my toes, I have to agree with you that there ARE shimmer particles in the foundation (I wear Theia too), but when I wear it, it does not look shimmery on my face at all, it just looks - radiant. To my eyes, there is a difference when you eyeball it in the jar (shimmery) as opposed to wearing it (not shimmery at all, at least to my eyes). If you still think it is shimmery, well, I think we can just agree to disagree, because it really isn't when I wear it.
smile.gif

I chose matte because when I wear Original Glo in EDM which has slight shimmer, all my flaws, fine lines, and pores are dramatically accentuated. I am just one of those people who's skin looks better with a matte finish. I guess it's like camparing paint finishes on a wall. The flat paint hides all the flaws in the wall.

Well I missed that completely on the website and wish that before ordering samples I'd read this dialogue. Oh well I don't mind shimmer I can just buff it down if too much but I will go back and order some more types of foundation to cover non shimmer too.

Katnahat,

What shades did you use in other mineral brands? I believe Hecate is a fairly yellow/golden toned foundation?

Originally Posted by hedgiemum /img/forum/go_quote.gif Katnahat,
What shades did you use in other mineral brands? I believe Hecate is a fairly yellow/golden toned foundation?

I have sampled tons of MMU. I have found very good matches with:
  • Aubrey Nicole - Light Neutral
  • Lumiere - Medium Neutral (FF)
  • Meow - Mau (Frisky)
  • Aromaleigh - Light Voile Full (2N)
That's all I can think of. All of these were good. Aubrey Nicole was the best of the four. I use AN for about a year. I really liked AN. The coverage was very good.
I read all the raves on here about DW and had to try it. The coverage is just awesome with Luna. It only took two days of testing and I bought the 3 oz. jar of Hecate in Luna. Love it!
inlove3.gif

I am another Theia fan! When I ordered the pixie set months ago, I got Theia, Themis, Amenti, Tethys, and Minerva. I liked Theia the best, and I loved the fact that it looked more "shimmery" in the jar, but it wasn't SHIMMERY on my face. Aileen's right--it looks radiant. It just gives a little something "extra." When I read the post which said that there was a matte version of Theia, I panicked an immediately emailed Ellie, and told her that the order for the giant Theia I had was to be the "original" formula and not the matte one. I hope she doesn't get confused. haha

edit: Ellie replied to my email already and told me she'd make sure that I would get the original version. =)

Does anyone know if there is a darker colour other than Amenti?

Also, i am really interested in the colour Sekhemet but I can't seem to find it on the webpage? Do i have to email her & ask her about it?

Thanks.

I think there are quite a few foundation shades that are not up on the site yet. I think they are awating some accurate photos. Sekhemet is supposed to be darker than any of the other olive/yellow shades already up on the site. I think what Ellie is going to eventually try to do is make different versions of the same color....like Light Theia, Original Theia, Dark Theia... or something like that. I know she already has done this by special request for some of the other shades, so you might want to ask about that.

I do know that Ellie is working on chaging some thing around, so it might be a while before any new colors are put up.

How many days does it take to ship? i heard it was over 3 weeks. is it tht long? i live in northern usa

I placed my order on June 25th. I was notified that my order was shipped today. I live in the mid west.

Originally Posted by laurie_lu /img/forum/go_quote.gif I placed my order on June 25th. I was notified that my order was shipped today. I live in the mid west. So that's 2 days shy of 3 weeks right? I think that's too long, but it's shorter than Archetype and probably in line with the She Space right now (not sure about TSS these days though)

It said on the DW forum that every previous order has been shipped yesterday, and they will start with a clean slate when they reopen today. Most of their announcements/updates are posted on the boards.

alot of ppl are worrying about the owner's honesty and it makes me hesitate to order. will my credit card information be safe if i use it on her site? anyone tried that before?

I have not used my credit card on her site. I've always used Paypal and you never get to share your financial information with anybody when you use Paypal.

Originally Posted by labaddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif alot of ppl are worrying about the owner's honesty and it makes me hesitate to order. will my credit card information be safe if i use it on her site? anyone tried that before? Worrying about her honesty how? Would you mind explaining that a little more?

carmonious- I agree. I find that a bit odd, but I had to bring up Paypal because DreamWorld DOES accept Paypal.

labaddict- care to explain why you're suspicious about "the owner's honesty"?

oops...srry..i meant a user just posted something about the owner lying about her shipment date..umhmm..and stuff like that..but has anyone tried using a credit card on her site?

and has anyone experienced problems after that?

i'm just really really new to online shopping.

and and the honesty thing again..the thing where the owner didnt notify us about the change in the amount of products we get plus no change in the price..i just dont like those types of people..so yes.

but i really want to try the products because of the rave reviews

Back