Huge rave for Dreamworld Minerals

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm on the site right now and I hate it with a passion, it's a mess. The products seem to be good though, I'm willing to give them a try when I run out of my Lumiere.

Oh I agree about the site - it gives me a headache in a very short time and I can't figure out what's what.

Even if the MMU is good - I just can't bring myself to try it.

Thanks, Egyptomaniac, that was helpful!

In the beginning of my MMU journey your answer would have scared me badly... But now when my application techniques have improved considerably, heavy coverage products sound so tempting. The less I have product on my face, the better the pretty look of foundation stays on during the day!

I would consider trying about their products if the website was more "user-friendly".

Originally Posted by 4evrrose /img/forum/go_quote.gif I would consider trying about their products if the website was more "user-friendly". I agree! And their conditions made me feel that im some sort of Gangster if i used their lowest shipping option for international orders.

That definately put me off.

dong.gif

I have never had ANY problem with other companies when choosing the cheapest shipping option.

Ellie, the owner of Dreamworld is the in process of making everything more user friendly. basically her "worlds" are just themes i think. if you want to search by color for shadows/blushes, use this link (they are grouped by color): Makeup Links/Colors

i know her foundations are put into groups now but i have no used them....

anyhow, Ellie is super nice, very accommodating to the point of being too much so
smile.gif
. her site just opened a few months ago so please be patient with the site, she is doing all she can to improve it at the moment.

I went over there and I'm going to order some samples; I like the sound of the 3 formulas and the shades she offers, plus the women on the forum there are very friendly and helpful.

So far, I've only really used light/medium coverage foundations, but want to try a full coverage formula and see how it suits my skin, especially in this summer heat..it gets rather humid in the U.K. during the summer.

I have to admit; The foundation shades looks really really good.

I might take the chance of ordering some samples from Dreamworld.

Some day....

whistling.gif

what are the differences between their three foundation's formula?

any I know the first 2 formula of her cream topping both are for oily skin (clay and silica vs. clay no silica), so what is the difference between them?

I am going to have to try this -- I have been really waffling between mineral and liquid foundation lately, but my skin seems to prefer mineral. The liquid seems to really break me out, sadly.

Originally Posted by lienny /img/forum/go_quote.gif what are the differences between their three foundation's formula?any I know the first 2 formula of her cream topping both are for oily skin (clay and silica vs. clay no silica), so what is the difference between them?

see this post for an explanation:
https://forum.makeuptalk.com/f12...ml#post1354690

I ordered samples from dreamworld almost 2 weeks ago. Still waiting for ship confirmation. They seem to be having a delay, just a FYI. I can't wait to try them though!

Originally Posted by lienny /img/forum/go_quote.gif what are the differences between their three foundation's formula?any I know the first 2 formula of her cream topping both are for oily skin (clay and silica vs. clay no silica), so what is the difference between them?

I believe that the silica has light diffusing properties so if you just want the oil absorbing properties the clay alone would be good while the clay + silica should help conceal pores and fine lines by deflecting light. Please correct me if I'm wrong!
Oh and the 3 foundation formulas:

Mist is the lightest of the 3, sands has medium coverage and luna is the heaviest coverage. Luna also has the most zinc oxide (and anti-inflammatory benefits).

some people are allergic to silica, so they stick with clay. but i think the clay plus silica formula is better for oil control.

Im looking for a foundations swatches.. I remember that I saw it yesterday but I dont remmember where.. can you help me with that please?

Originally Posted by Arielle123 /img/forum/go_quote.gif I believe that the silica has light diffusing properties so if you just want the oil absorbing properties the clay alone would be good while the clay + silica should help conceal pores and fine lines by deflecting light. Please correct me if I'm wrong!
Oh and the 3 foundation formulas:

Mist is the lightest of the 3, sands has medium coverage and luna is the heaviest coverage. Luna also has the most zinc oxide (and anti-inflammatory benefits).

Thanks, a very clear explainationskinaddicted: Thanks, I don't think I'm allergies to silica so definitely buying the clay and silica one

Back