Huge rave for Dreamworld Minerals

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just wondering how much is in each sample...I was planning on ordering some shadow samples, however I looked all around the site but couldn't find any info as to how much you get per sample.

i really want to try Dreamworld minerals but there's a note on the website mentioning troubles with international shipping.. so until she gets it sorted out it seems like i might have to pay a lot for the shipping
frown.gif

Originally Posted by LTLANGELI /img/forum/go_quote.gif What would Mineral Veil's equivalent be in Dream World? Plain veils are under whipped cocoons.

Originally Posted by Opt2AdoptPets /img/forum/go_quote.gif Just wondering how much is in each sample...I was planning on ordering some shadow samples, however I looked all around the site but couldn't find any info as to how much you get per sample. The shadow samples I've had off her have been pretty generous. Most are about 1/4tsp.

Help me out, guys... if I'm a Winged Butter/Golden Medium in EDM, what might be some good shades for me to try out in DWM?

Originally Posted by lotusindigo /img/forum/go_quote.gif Help me out, guys... if I'm a Winged Butter/Golden Medium in EDM, what might be some good shades for me to try out in DWM? In the winter I used to use EDM's Golden Medium (the one in the Olive category right?) and there were a few shades that were pretty close for me: Theia, Amenti, Hebe, Themis, Athena, and Tethys. They are too light for me now (my EDM shade is closer to the Olive Medium now) and I eventually settled on a darker custom version of Theia. I think the Amenti or Hebe might be your two closest. HTH
smile.gif

Hi girls!

Let me share with you my little DWM experience.

I made a first order a few weeks ago, and I was soooo pleased! The foundation in so great (I'm talking about luna), high coverage as Meow's flawless feline, but so much more luminous. It's a tiny bit glowy, but not much, it's seems all natural, staying power is great, etc, etc The e/s were great, very metallic, and the blushes were beautiful too, although I still prefer Meow's.

Finally, the samples were very generous, 1g in the fdt bags (about the same than a EM sample), and about 1/2 tsp for the e/s.

I was so happy, I made a second order about a month ago (as I didn't found my perfect match...), with a lot of samples...

I got it about a week ago as I'm overseas. And I'm sooo disappointed. The samples are the same size as the she space now!! Some are 1/8 tsp, others a just enough for a few application. And for the foundations, it's about between 1/8 and 1/4 tsp... And the prices didn't change at all, and I can't find anywhere any announcement about this change.

(Not to mention I bought for 75$ excluding shipping fees, and I don't have a single gift, not even one of her ridiculous sample)

here is a little pic : on the left, an old sample, and on the right, a new one.. both transferred in a 5g jar.

http://img147.imageshack.us/img147/4580/dwsamplevo7.jpg

I must admit I cannot accept to pay 1,5$ for 1/8 tsp fdt!!

I wrote to Ellie to ask her a few explanations, and she told me she just followed the prices of the others brands... and that's a pity I'm not happy, but.... but.. nothing... She didn't even answered my second email.

As I'm a mineral-obsessed person, I made a few week ago a comparative study about the prices of the fdt, blush and e/s full sizes by brand... and guess what, DWM in the most expensive on blush and e/s.... (7$ for a 5g jar with sifter... for e/s, and 11$ for a 10g jar with sifter for blush...)..

Well, this loong post to warn you, that you may be a bit disappointed on your next DWM purchase....

Oh wow, that's a huge difference. I must have just ordered before her change then as my last lot of samples were a decent size. If she's dropped the sample size so much then she really needs to be dropping he price to reflect.

Thanks for the warning. I'm worried about my foundation samples now. To be sure, I need more than what's in that second jar to make up my mind...

nemuX - thanks for the info. probably yet another mmu co. headed out of business. If she wanted to change the sample sizes and keep the pricing the same, fine... but at least let people know.

thanks for the info nemuX. i probably won't be ordering from DWM unless i can't find my HG out of all the other more well-known brands!

to be honest, i thought the DW samples were a little big (not that i would ever complain to DW!). i think the amount TSS gives is perfect for sampling.

Skinaddicted, I agree with you, the samples were really big.. The thing that really disturbs me, is that she didn't announce any change, and her answer to my email was clear :it's a pity you're disappointed, but I don't care... Plus, she didn't change the price, and now, the samples are a bit expensive IMO.

I'm not sure I want to support that kind of business policy....

But here products are just great
bawling.gif

Originally Posted by lotusindigo /img/forum/go_quote.gif Would you ladies know if there's any way to track orders from DWM? I dont think so.. but you can ask Ellie..

I only got an confirmation email when my order was shipped, that's all, and I don't think you can track it better than that.

good for you.. I didnt get a confirmation note. but Ellie said that the packge shipped so Im relax right now..

I just ordered some sample from DW. Everything looks so creamy in the pics. Hopefully it applies as well.

Back