Huge rave for Dreamworld Minerals

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A bit of a complaint here.

I ordered samples from DWM on May 24, two Saturdays ago. After five days with no word about my order status, I sent her an email asking about it (May 29). She sent me back an email the next day telling me that my order is set up to ship "today," May 30. Ok, so it's now Tuesday, June 3, and I was expecting my order in the mail the next day or so. Today I received an automated email telling me that my order has just now shipped. Today, ship date June 3. Ok. I mean, if was going to take a little longer for my order to ship, that's fine, she could have just told me... but she basically lied to me about the ship date. That's annoying.

People have good things to say about her minerals, but her customer service is lacking. nemuX's comment about her changing the sample sizes, but not the prices, and not letting the customers know about it... that's just another example. I think I'm going to continue taking samples from other companies and choose one that can manage to be honest.

Yeah.....to tell the truth, something similar happened to me. I rave about Dreamworld, because the products are really great! I guess for me, I like DW enough that I'm willing to look over little issues. I think that since the company is new, things don't run as smoothly as the owner may hope. I do think that she is a caring, honest person, but maybe just trying to do too much at once.

But its also true that having really long shipping times, and not really addressing customer inquiries in a timly maner reflects poorly on the company, and might cause people to avoid DW.

What happened to me was I orderd a foundation, based on a sample, and then when I got it, it was nothing like the sample (waited 2 weeks before receiving order). I e-mailed, and got a quick respnse saying that there were 2 different formulas of the same color, and I was sent the wrong one, and the correct color would be shippid out the next day. But after a week of waiting, nothing. Emailed again, and then was told it still hadn't shiped, but would the next day. I finally got the correct color, but by that point it had been a month since I placed my original order. Usually this would have caused me to write the company off.....however....

The owner more than made up for the long wait, wrong product and all. Before placing my original order, I had asked if there was a darker version of my shade (for summer months), and the owner had gone ahead and made a new darker version just for me, and even included more of the darker base color to add to the incorrect foundation to make it usable for me, and included it in my package for no charge. Plus a free lippie that hadn't been released yet!

So I guess, yes, there might be some CS issues, website confusion, or shipping problems at Dreamworld, but I think it is because the owner is trying to do too much at once and is a new company that might have been launched before all the kinks were worked out. Maybe for some its not worth the hassle and that's fine, but for me, I so truly love the products (esp. the Luna foundation!), and I think that given the chance, if there are problems the owner will try at all possible to make customers satisfied.....with maybe some gentile persistant reminders!
wink.gif

I have just made my order for samples...hope they are great for my skin..esp with all the raves about it. I will just wait patiently for my stuff to be processed and sent.

Emma

I also have to say that DW Luna foundation is awesome!! It is creamy, perfect coverage. I use my kabuki and just need a small bit of foundation and it covers perfectly. I couldn't say anything bad about this foundation. No breakouts at all either!!! Oh, and the foundation color (Hecate) matches my skin exactly.

The whipped cream finishing powder is good too. It sets without adding any color to my face.

The Ghostly Glo powder gives a very delicate bronze glow. I only use a very small bit and it brightens my face.

Bottomline I really love the products. I am buying full sizes of all three products today!
smile.gif
biggrin.gif

It took me 2 days short of 3 weeks in order to receive my order. She tried to make up for it by including a decent sized lip gloss. Too bad the color was all wrong for me. The hold up was from not having a foundation in stock even though I just ordered colors listed on the site. I didn't special order any colors. When I received my samples, some baggies were filled with maybe half a teaspoon. Other samples barely had any in the bag.

I've been wearing her foundations for the past two days. I've noticed from the warmer weather that it makes me itch like crazy when my skin heats up. I'm going to give it one last try tomorrow.

I like the foundations, but they're way too "heavy" on my skin. I have 2 samples, one in Sands and one in Luna, and I can wear them sometimes (maybe once or twice a week) but my skin which is reactive anyway would freak if I wore this foundation every day. Too bad, because the finish and coverage are nice. Ellie is very nice, but I think she's just very very busy. I emailed her twice about an LE color asking if she had any left and if I could buy some, and she told me both times she'd put it up on the site during her sale, and she didn't do that. I also got from what she told me that there would be more of a "sale" going on than just the seasonal/LE colors that ended up being on sale, so I was a little disappointed. Anyway, I haven't received a lot of follow-through on what she's told me, which tends to be one of my pet peeves - so I am passing on Dream World at the moment.

I just bought from DW a few days ago and I received a shipping confirmation today. I'm glad Ellie is on top of things now.

Originally Posted by periwinkle_sky /img/forum/go_quote.gif I just bought from DW a few days ago and I received a shipping confirmation today. I'm glad Ellie is on top of things now. WHAT! I placed an order (over $100.00) about two weeks ago and haven't heard a word about it. I also placed an order almost two months ago, that included one of her custom mixed foundations. What she sent was no where close to what I wanted. I called her and told her the color was WAY off and she had me send her a sample of what I had mixed, along with the proportions again. When I didn't hear from her in over two weeks, I again, spoke with her and she said she was working on it and it should be sent out in a few days. It's now been about a month and I still have not received my custom foundation. Saying that, I just love her primers and top coats, as well as alot of her eyeshadows. Hestia is a perfect match for my mom and she loves it. I have the full size whipped cream and peanut butter topping, as well as samples of all of her other toppings and have now ordered both the Angel, Raspberry, and Banana toppings in full size (as well as lots more samples and a few full size eyeshadows). Now, if I could just get them here!
whistling.gif
I understand she is coming out with some eyeshadows that are not quite so glittery. I can't wait, but if her samples have shrunk, I may not be ordering them. I love She Space's samples but hate the tiny amount you get. Then again, Heather's samples are just .50.

Originally Posted by aubriee /img/forum/go_quote.gif WHAT! I placed an order (over $100.00) about two weeks ago and haven't heard a word about it. I also placed an order almost two months ago, that included one of her custom mixed foundations. What she sent was no where close to what I wanted. I called her and told her the color was WAY off and she had me send her a sample of what I had mixed, along with the proportions again. When I didn't hear from her in over two weeks, I again, spoke with her and she said she was working on it and it should be sent out in a few days. It's now been about a month and I still have not received my custom foundation. Saying that, I just lover her primers and top coats, as well as alot of her eyeshadows. Hestia is a perfect match for my mom and she loves it. I have the full size whipped cream and peanut butter topping, as well as samples of all of her other toppings and have now ordered both the Angel, Raspberry, and Banana toppings in full size (as well as lots more samples and a few full size eyeshadows). Now, if I could just get them here!
whistling.gif
I understand she is coming out with some eyeshadows that are not quite so glittery. I can't wait, but if her samples have shrunk, I may not be ordering them. I love She Space's samples but hate the tiny abount you get. Then again, Heather's samples are just .50. Ugh. I feel for you. Ellie is very nice (I keep saying that! because she really is) - BUT, she really needs to follow through on what she says - she is losing business because she is not doing this. I understand wanting to custom mix foundations and create colors for people to try to please everyone - but she really needs to get her basic processing and shipping of her regular line products under control before she starts doing things like this. As I posted above, she told me on two different occasions she would post the LE color "Beauty" on her website during her sale so I could get some of it (I missed it when she had it for sale originally) but she did not do so - I realize I could have emailed her about it again, but I am sure you understand what I mean when I say I start to just feel like a pest for continuing to bug her - and I really shouldn't have to do that - she should follow through on what she says.ETA -

I forgot to add I was also disappointed because she told me back in April she was planning a sale - I wish I still had the email but I don't - but from what she said it was very indicative that it was going to be a "sale" - as in on the entire website - so I waited because I wanted to maybe order a foundation, the whipped cream, etc. I emailed her again after a few weeks and inquired again - she apologized for the delay but said she was still planning the sale, so I continued to wait. Finally the "sale" was posted around Memorial Day - and ended up to be just a handful of LE items (and not even the one I'd asked for twice) - after weeks of waiting, I am very disappointed.

Wow. I've been waiting almost two weeks for my order. that doesn't seem fair for newer orders to go out ahead of the others.

I think I may have to put up with the dubious customer service after all.

I'm in the middle of a MMU sampling spree. I was w/ EDM for about a year, and then decided that it wasn't doing as much for me anymore. I went on to sample Ocean Mist, Lumiere, and Dreamworld Minerals. I still have Aubrey Nicole and Meow samples coming in the mail, but even if those last two turn out really good, I doubt that I'll be able to pass up the quality of DMW. I couldn't believe the coverage and the finish. And the formula I'm using is Sand, I can imagine that Luna would have even better coverage. I guess I understand where the girls are coming from who say that they think it's worth it anyway...

lotusindigo, what is your shade in dw?

i emailed ellie with some pics to ask for shade advice and i must say her recommendations were way off. she matched me with really deep dark colors when i am on the light-medium side. it just weirded me out...plus the pain-in-the-behind website is just too busy, i don't like staying there too long.

kitchykoo- I noticed that even though I love her to bits, Ellie is a little off when it comes to matching foundation shades to asian skintones (at least in my experience). I got my skintone matches fairly quickly because I know my undertones, so I guess the best move would be to know your undertones and shop according to the descriptions. I am originally from the Philippines too and my matches are Theia (main shade) with Amenti (summer shade), and Tethys (winter shade). I mix them according to the depth I need. Another good move would be to look at blogs of asian ladies who use DW. There are a lot of those blogs at vox.com.

kitchykoo -

Amenti is a perfect match for me. Hebe was pretty close too, I think that would be my winter shade. I originally sampled with colors that were way too light for me, because I think that Ellie's shades are more geared towards the fairer end of the spectrum. I'm Pinay too, and lighter-skinned than most Pinays I know... and I was on the "dark" end of Ellie's yellow w/ olive spectrum.

wow thanks periwinkle sky and lotusindigo! your suggestions were a big help! i'm leaving for the U.S. in a month and i guess i'll just have my samples delivered there, since i've heard that it takes a long time for them to ship. and less chances of them getting lost or something, i guess.

lotusindigo, still no word from meow on my missing order.
frown.gif
i didn't know you were pinay! you look chinese.
smile.gif

periwinkle_sky, i've actually been reading your blog and i think we are the same shade based on your photos, although i think your mmu shades are a tad deeper than mine (since i am new to mmu it's also possible that i might be "off" picking shades too, still feeling my way around hehehe). anyway, i love your reviews and your blog's been really helpful to me so thanks!
smile.gif

I received my samples just a few days ago..well the shade look just off from the baggies. I asked Ellie for some shade help and she did help me but by looking at the colours I am just afraid to apply it on my face, they look so grey and ashy. Ive ordered both sands and luna. Well I cant say much until I try them out rite. Any comments guys???

Emma

I posted on their forum asking for advice about olive foundation shades with a green undertone(which I need to neutralize the pink). She gave me a couple suggestions but also stated that the shades have a lot of shimmer to them.

Shimmer is not what I want. I need matte. She did say she could make a matte mixture for me in those shades to try. So I am not sure what I should do.

Originally Posted by laurie_lu /img/forum/go_quote.gif I posted on their forum asking for advice about olive foundation shades with a green undertone(which I need to neutralize the pink). She gave me a couple suggestions but also stated that the shades have a lot of shimmer to them.
Shimmer is not what I want. I need matte. She did say she could make a matte mixture for me in those shades to try. So I am not sure what I should do.

Laurie- Just thought I'd pop in here. I'm thinking I can help. I recognize you from MMM, EDM fourm, and the DW forum. I think I remember you saying you wear the same EDM olive as me. DW's Theia was the best olive for me, but it was too light for the summer months, so Ellie made a custom color for me called Sekhmet, which I also think she reccomended for you. I can tell you that both are better true olives than EDM. As for the glow, that's there because it was my special request to have a foundation w/glow. But I also have a version of Theia w/out any glow or shimmer, and it is very matte. Ellie is so sweet, I'm sure she can get you the version w/out the shimmer.

I can't remember which EDM olive you were, but I know Sekhemet is more like EDM's Olive medium, and Theia is a lighter shade. I would say a mix between Golden Medium and Olive light, but much more a true olive than either of those.

I had the same problem as you as far as looking for olives. I needed something to hide the red in my face, and green correctors weren't working for me. I've tried dozens of olive shades from different companies, and Dreamworlds olives were by far the best. I needed heavy coverage, so I got mine in the Luna formula, so I can't really speak for the other formulas as far as coverage, but I am *very* happy with the performance of what I've got.

That said, there is some sour to go along with the sweet. Shipping is pretty slow. I think Ellie is super busy, and I've found you really need to keep on top of things if you are making a special request (like I did with the custom Sekhemet blend). I had to e-mail several times to remind her. But for me, it is *way* worth it. I've go tmy perfect color now. She even gave me a bag of the base color of Theia so I can now custom mix my color myself. Ellie is super sweet, and just a little forgetful. My wait was well worth it.

HTH!
smile.gif

Yes, I wear EDM's 'Light Olive' in the winter. But it's slightly too pink compared to my neck. I wear 'Olive Golden Medium' in the summer and it's near perfect. 'Olive Medium' would be perfect if it wasn't so dark. I also like to add Olive Medium to either of the two other olive shades to add more depth and the needed pink/red neutralizing capabilities. I even have a batch where I've mixed all 3 shades together and it's perfect.

I think I will have Ellie make me a sample batch of those two shades in a matte formula. I'm not sure what's involved in placing the order when the shades/formulas are not actually ones that are typically offered at the website.

Edited to add: I got a response from Ellie on how to place the order for the custom shade and matte finish. I did read however that there wil be no shipping until after July 1st. I placed the order anyway.

Originally Posted by kitchykoo /img/forum/go_quote.gif periwinkle_sky, i've actually been reading your blog and i think we are the same shade based on your photos, although i think your mmu shades are a tad deeper than mine (since i am new to mmu it's also possible that i might be "off" picking shades too, still feeling my way around hehehe). anyway, i love your reviews and your blog's been really helpful to me so thanks!
smile.gif
Thanks Kitchykoo! I hope you find your exact shade soon. DW is really one of my HG foundations, I really really like the finish and the coverage.
laurie_lu- have you seen other people wearing DW foundation? It is really not shimmery per se, but it's definitely not flat. It has, not even a glow for me, but the face looks radiant with it. I hope you try it out, because even if it's not flat-out matte, it's not shimmery either.

Back