I Am Engaged!!!!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
He came to see me while i was in class but I couldn't get out so he waited. We went to get lunch and he said he wanted to walk me to work (it was raining). We walked past the spot we met and he stopped. He kept fumbling in his pocket and i got pissed cus i thought he was about to smoke a cigarette. So i said " why don't you just wait till i get to work and we can both have one" and he goes" actually....will you marry me?" and he got the box out. i was so surprised and i kept whimpering then I said yes!..the ring isnt your usual engagement ring but I love it. its so pretty and delicate. I will post a pic or find one online.

Originally Posted by empericalbeauty /img/forum/go_quote.gif He came to see me while i was in class but I couldn't get out so he waited. We went to get lunch and he said he wanted to walk me to work (it was raining). We walked past the spot we met and he stopped. He kept fumbling in his pocket and i got pissed cus i thought he was about to smoke a cigarette. So i said " why don't you just wait till i get to work and we can both have one" and he goes" actually....will you marry me?" and he got the box out. i was so surprised and i kept whimpering then I said yes!..the ring isnt your usual engagement ring but I love it. its so pretty and delicate. I will post a pic or find one online. Awwww! That's so sweet! I can't wait to see a pic! I'm so happy for you sweetie!

we arent getting married for a while. He is going to Americorp for 10 months and I have to finish school and get on my feet first so maybe in 1.5 - 2 years?

yeah. I want something small and quiet. I dont see the sense in spending a ton of money on 1 day when we have a life time ahead of us. Plus why go bankrupt when you can have the same amount of fun for a less expensive wedding?

Originally Posted by empericalbeauty /img/forum/go_quote.gif yeah. I want something small and quiet. I dont see the sense in spending a ton of money on 1 day when we have a life time ahead of us. Plus why go bankrupt when you can have the same amount of fun for a less expensive wedding? Hey thats what Dave and I thought. So instead of spending money on a wedding we went to the Pocono's to elope and used our money to buy a house
smile.gif
To me that was worth more than one day. I still got to wear a dress but it was just the two of us
smile.gif

Congratulations! And you were definitely surprised!

I like that you are thinking ahead. A house would be a great investment.

Back