I am going on a year long drugstore no buy

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yay!
hi5.gif

Wow!! Now I know why the drug store stocks plumeted when you posted this!! Hope they all don't go out of business befopre the years over? Lol.

Whoo!! I'm excited already! I know right off the bat that I have been wanting the 219 and the 217 brushes from M.A.C forever!

Originally Posted by Karren /img/forum/go_quote.gif Wow!! Now I know why the drug store stocks plumeted when you posted this!! Hope they all don't go out of business befopre the years over? Lol. LOL!
I love my 217 brush. I'm sure you will too bCreative. I have been really wanting a 219. I wish I knew when MAC will be having their next sale! I might just save up for a CCO trip, since they have MAC brushes.

I know what I want next. These two pigment/glitter sets coming out next month from MAC. I may only be able to get one. If I can't get both I am for sure getting Cool Capers.

Cool Capers/Cool

media_mischiefmakers006.jpg

Sexpot/Smoky

media_mischiefmakers007.jpg

(photos from Temptalia)

I updated my original post with an on going list of things I buy over the next year. This way I can see just what I could have done last year if I hadn't overindulged in drugstore cosmetics. I am so excited to order those pigments!

ohh yeah def go with the cool colors, the sexpot ones are all neutrals where the cool collection looks super fun.

Right now my list is small but I'm sure it will grow.

217 & 219 Brushes

Sigma Brushes

At least 1 Nars Blush

A whole bunch of Ben Nye Products

I am still undecided if I want to try Ben Nye. I don't do dramatic looks that often, so I doubt I have a need for it.

How much will those MAC pigments in the box be? The smokey one is colors I would use a lot

Im not understanding your no buy. Are you doing this because you rather have more higher quality items that last longer like brushes? Just curious. lol

Originally Posted by emily_3383 /img/forum/go_quote.gif Im not understanding your no buy. Are you doing this because you rather have more higher quality items that last longer like brushes? Just curious. lol Right. The only drugstore items I will get over the next year are mascara and foundation. I am forcing myself to quit nickel and diming myself out of higher cost items that I want.

Originally Posted by internetchick /img/forum/go_quote.gif Right. The only drugstore items I will get over the next year are mascara and foundation. I am forcing myself to quit nickel and diming myself out of higher cost items that I want. ah i get it now. thats a good idea though really, i buy lots of cheaper stuff and never use it when i could save up for mac or ud and get stuff i would use a lot.

Yea i have been doing this alot. But lately i havent been buying much of anything. Im in a makeup rut. lol

I think this is exactly what the doctor ordered to over-haul my make up rut too!

Great idea, thanks for the inspiration!

xox

Sika

I still want to be a part of this but I'm going to shorten it from a year to six months. A year just seems too long for me at the moment.

6 months is a good time period too. I am going to MAC today to get pigment sets!
yesssmileyf.gif

Back