I am going on a year long drugstore no buy

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by internetchick /img/forum/go_quote.gif
    Right. The only drugstore items I will get over the next year are mascara and foundation. I am forcing myself to quit nickel and diming myself out of higher cost items that I want.
I think that's smart. Because, all of it costs money, whether it's drugstore or high end.  For me, the drugstore stuff does truly make me break out (I have horribly sensitive skin), so that's my main reason I stay away from the DS brands.  But it's true, you'd price yourself right out of the HE stuff by trying to stick to the DS stuff.  Sometimes it's better to have a few nicer items than a bunch of cheaper ones that don't really work for you or make you happy.

One of the things I'm going to try and do this year is to try and lean towards more indie internet brands.  They're fun, they're usually pretty cheap, and they can give a nice high-end look. I'll never truly give up my HE stuff, but if I can mix in some of the less expensive indie brand items, that'll hopefully help, cost-wise.  Plus, it's fun waiting for those little packages in the mail!

Originally Posted by denverbeerchick /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Good job! You have some great products there!!

Until I started coming to MUT I only bought more expensive products. I found that I was more careful with my purchases and used my products more and appreciated them a lot. I'm starting to try some cheaper products to see if I like the quality just as well, but still only using things that have came recommended. So far, so good. But I am envious of the giant bins and cases full of makeup you guys post...
wink.gif

Back