I Am Shocked! EDM vs BE

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by Min Im not familiar with that MU do they have a website? Oh i meant EDM

Originally Posted by Meliena22 Oh i meant EDM EDM doesn't have a spray on
icon_scratch.gif

Hello all. Ok, I can't resist. I want to try some samples too! I am just not sure which colors for me. I am an NC20. Anyone give me suggestions for foundations to pick?

you get to pick 3 sample shades , but i think golden fair is

similiar to nc20 thats what i use too and its a match.hope

you like it

I just received my samples from EDM today. I will be trying them tomorrow. Maybe this mineral product will be better for me. I've tried BE, Aromaleigh and Sheer Cover with no success.

Originally Posted by maryfitz24 I just received my samples from EDM today. I will be trying them tomorrow. Maybe this mineral product will be better for me. I've tried BE, Aromaleigh and Sheer Cover with no success. YAY how fun! Make sure to post before & after pics ok?

What brushes are best to use with mineral makeup? Also, is there a tutorial or place to go to learn proper technique? I always feel like I am doing it wrong.

I tried a little of the sample today. I think it is better than BE (for me) because my skin has not felt itchy. But, I want to do the mineral makeup the correct way.

Anyone know where I could go to learn the proper technique? Also, let me know which brushes are best for application.

Thanks!

I got my samples yesterday and tried them on for the first time today. I was pleasantly surprised at the coverage and the whole "feel" it gave my face. I was the one who never wore foundation because I couldn't find anything that didn't look cakey on me, or one that didn't break me out. Looks like EDM could be THE ONE! Definitely not cakey....but about the breaking out part, I guess I just have to wait and see what happens. I have a feeling that it won't break me out since it causes much lesser ingredients than other foundations. I love how light it feels!

Qn: Do you HAVE to use a kabuki brush to apply mineral makeup? I use a Essence of Beauty brush....I don't even know if it is kabuki or synthetic or whatelse?

studios tools @ target has a kabuki for $3 i think, but no u don't have to use a kabuki, kabuki brushes just gives more coverage, other brushes give a more sheer coverage,...

Originally Posted by maryfitz24 What brushes are best to use with mineral makeup? Also, is there a tutorial or place to go to learn proper technique? I always feel like I am doing it wrong.
I tried a little of the sample today. I think it is better than BE (for me) because my skin has not felt itchy. But, I want to do the mineral makeup the correct way.

Anyone know where I could go to learn the proper technique? Also, let me know which brushes are best for application.

Thanks!

I like a kabuki brush (I use BE's) for the foundation, and BE's flawless face brush for the finishing dust.
Here's a tutorial for applying BE foundation, but you can do the exact same thing for your EDM foundation... I use BE's warmth with my EDM foundation and finishing dust as well.

http://www.livejournal.com/community...w=86203#t86203

Originally Posted by lavender I got my samples yesterday and tried them on for the first time today. I was pleasantly surprised at the coverage and the whole "feel" it gave my face. I was the one who never wore foundation because I couldn't find anything that didn't look cakey on me, or one that didn't break me out. Looks like EDM could be THE ONE! Definitely not cakey....but about the breaking out part, I guess I just have to wait and see what happens. I have a feeling that it won't break me out since it causes much lesser ingredients than other foundations. I love how light it feels!
Qn: Do you HAVE to use a kabuki brush to apply mineral makeup? I use a Essence of Beauty brush....I don't even know if it is kabuki or synthetic or whatelse?

Congrats on finding a good foundation! You don't HAVE to use a Kabuki, you can use whatever works for you... Kabuki works best for me though.
smile.gif
It gives the most coverage out of the same amount of foundation.

Originally Posted by LVA studios tools @ target has a kabuki for $3 i think, but no u don't have to use a kabuki, kabuki brushes just gives more coverage, other brushes give a more sheer coverage,... Kim, I have the Studio Tools Kabuki from target and I find it worthless... No coverage at all (compared to my BE Kabuki). I use it for bronzers once in a while...

EDM is my HG Foundation. I have combination skin but I have a lot of surface dehydration (flakies galore) and I thought i'd never stray from liquid foundation because of these reasons (hello! powder + surface dehydration = disaster, right?). I first ventured into the world of mineral makeup by testing out Youngblood, which was surprisingly nice and natural for a powder. I have now since tried Pure Luxe and EDM, and I would have to say EDM is the winner for me. The size of the samples, the colour selection (Medium Beige fits me perfectly
smile.gif
), the ability to choose the finish, the price (this is a major factor IMO) and now, the introduction of a new line of even higher coverage foundation
smile.gif
This stuff rocks and so does their customer service!

I wanted to let all the EDM fans on here know about something pretty cool. I wrote a testimonial for them about how much I appreciated their products a couple of weeks ago, which is something I rarely go out of my way to do. Anyway, I kind of forgot about it, until today when I got a little package in the mail from them. I got a free full-size blush for writing a testimonial!! It's called Knick Knack, which I didn't find on the site, but unfortunately it's not a good color for me. It's a kind of mauvey pink, and too light for my complexion. I'm just amazed they sent me a free gift for telling them how grateful I was!! I love EDM more and more!

Originally Posted by mehrunissa I wanted to let all the EDM fans on here know about something pretty cool. I wrote a testimonial for them about how much I appreciated their products a couple of weeks ago, which is something I rarely go out of my way to do. Anyway, I kind of forgot about it, until today when I got a little package in the mail from them. I got a free full-size blush for writing a testimonial!! It's called Knick Knack, which I didn't find on the site, but unfortunately it's not a good color for me. It's a kind of mauvey pink, and too light for my complexion. I'm just amazed they sent me a free gift for telling them how grateful I was!! I love EDM more and more! Cool!!! I just wrote a testimonial too. hahaha

I got my sample set from EDM a few days back. I've been trying their foundation for a couple of days now, and can say it's better than BE's. The cover is really nice and I only had to use a tiny bit of it. The sample jars are really generous...they'll last many applications. Unfortunately, the colors that I ordered to sample didn't exactly match my skin. I think I should go one shade darker (as you can see my face doesn't really tan as much my body).

However, here's my before and after pictures. I used Fairly Light in original glo and finishing dust.

Originally Posted by Gleam84 I got my sample set from EDM a few days back. I've been trying their foundation for a couple of days now, and can say it's better than BE's. The cover is really nice and I only had to use a tiny bit of it. The sample jars are really generous...they'll last many applications. Unfortunately, the colors that I ordered to sample didn't exactly match my skin. I think I should go one shade darker (as you can see my face doesn't really tan as much my body).
However, here's my before and after pictures. I used Fairly Light in original glo and finishing dust.

Wow, your skin looks gorgeous!! I can see a huge difference in the before and after! Not that your skin was bad to begin with, but after, it looks amazing! So flawless and glowy!! I think the shade looks good, but if you think you should go darker go for it!! You look great!!

Originally Posted by Gleam84 I got my sample set from EDM a few days back. I've been trying their foundation for a couple of days now, and can say it's better than BE's. The cover is really nice and I only had to use a tiny bit of it. The sample jars are really generous...they'll last many applications. Unfortunately, the colors that I ordered to sample didn't exactly match my skin. I think I should go one shade darker (as you can see my face doesn't really tan as much my body).

WOWWWWWWWWWWW It looks awesome on you!

Wow, You Look Great And Like April Said I Think Thats

A Great Match For You, I Love Edm Also
smile.gif

Originally Posted by Thais Kim, I have the Studio Tools Kabuki from target and I find it worthless... No coverage at all (compared to my BE Kabuki). I use it for bronzers once in a while... This is weird since I have had great coverage from it & find it way softer than the EDM kabuki. I have also heard other people compare studio tools kabuki to the chanel brush. I guess it just depends on what you are looking for & the kind of coverage. Either way for the MMU beginner its better than waisting money on a $30 kabuki they may potentially never use again.
smile.gif

Originally Posted by mehrunissa I wanted to let all the EDM fans on here know about something pretty cool. I wrote a testimonial for them about how much I appreciated their products a couple of weeks ago, which is something I rarely go out of my way to do. Anyway, I kind of forgot about it, until today when I got a little package in the mail from them. I got a free full-size blush for writing a testimonial!! It's called Knick Knack, which I didn't find on the site, but unfortunately it's not a good color for me. It's a kind of mauvey pink, and too light for my complexion. I'm just amazed they sent me a free gift for telling them how grateful I was!! I love EDM more and more! Yup I got mine a while back they said they were sending it to some of their costumers to see how the color went over. I called & asked to make sure because I thought they sent it by mistake. Any ways I love the color & they arent selling it yet but apparently it will be available soon.

Latest posts

Back