I got called a whore today

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ive been called worse stuff by my own FAMILY and people i THOUGHT were friends

so i mean shrug it off and like i always say...don't get bitter get better

to me the sweetest revenge is looking so stunningly gorgeous that noone can tel you anything...so that you feel so good about yourself that it won't matter what anyone else thinks

I'm so sorry that this happened to you, please don't let it get you down! I think the shirt looks really cute!

My best friend at school liked to dress very sexily - short skirts, shirts with a very low neckline and/or showing her midriff, high heels, red lipstick, flowing hair down to her hips, and to be honest I can't even count how many times when we went out together people made comments like "man, what a slut" or "she dresses like a whore" etc. She had a lot of self-confidence and always used to laugh about it, and whenever she heard such a comment she used to say "well, I can change my clothes, but you can't change your head" or something similar. Most people would shut up then ... It's sad that people can be so stupid.

i think you looks beautiful! and that i totally dig the shirt you are wearing. you are DEF. not a whore

Awwww ... maybe it's a Canadian thing? And it doesn't really mean the same as it does down here?

Mindy, you look beautiful honey and I'd like to tell you to forget about it but I know I would have a hard time also. I do wish Phil would have kept it to himself. It wasn't worth hurting you if you didn't hear it but some people don't think that way. Well majority rules and we outvote the idiots. You look awesome.

mindy, i'm sorry you were treated like that

people can be so stupid sometimes. try not to let it bother you. i understand

it is very upsetting.

by the way, the out fit is very chic and stylish. very nice
smile.gif

Mindy, you are absolutely beautiful, don't forget that. You do not look like a whore at all. That comment was out of jealousy and Phil was probably laughing telling you about it because it is so ridiculous. Not sticking up for him, no offense to the men, but a lot of the time they don't think before they open their mouths. *hugs*

don't even think about it again Mindy, you are truly sexy and that couple is just stupid. i guess we also call whorish everything we're jealous of.

You guys made me feel soo much better. It still bugs me but oh well, move on..I will try. I just hate the fact they would think that about me from a top with a hole cut in it? There was a bit of clevage yes, but it's not like I was running around in my bra. Not to mention the outfit was all black and almost could look business-like. I was dressed up, not in a freakin tummy shirt and short skirt.!

I just really don't want my clothes to look whoreish you know, thats my favorite shirt and i've felt so good in it ever since I bought it and I love wearing it. They in a way ruined that shirt for me. I will still wear it but will probably be reminded of their ignorance every time I put it on.

Mindy, you are a beautiful young lady, and you have class and sophistication. That man said that because he wished the woman he was with looked more like you. He wanted you but knew he could not have someone like you there fore the rude and ignorant comment. I understand how you felt when Phil,spoke to you that way, but he is foolish and I am sure he did not mean anything by it. But be secure in yourself, wear what makes YOU feel good. Be secure in your beauty,heart,and style. As long as you are comfortable in your own skin Pffffff to everyone else. People that hurt others with words are insecure and jealous.

I think your outfit looks great, I wish I could pull it off. I don't know why those people would call you a whore. What's it to them what you wear? What's it to them if you are a whore or not ? I know you are not, my point is who are they to pass judgement on you?

To be frank, I don't even know why people look down on "real" whores either, i.e. prostitutes. Why is "whore" one of the most degrading words we have for a woman?

It is very unfortunate that those grown adults were slinging ugly words instead of minding their own business.

But babe, the issue here at hand is that you cannot expect the rest of the world to operate on your similar value system. There will be people who fall on either side of the spectrum, and now being in college, get ready to be subjected to a whole lot more of that. If somebody said it aloud, that means there are plenty more who silently think that. Are you gonna go and get upset about each of them one by one? Nope. You just ignore them because they make no bit of difference one way or the other, and you just keep on going where you need to be. You don't need to seek approval from people who are trying to salt your game.

I had a similar incident happen to me right here on MuT. I had posted one of my projects (I had made a bra from scratch). I was paging through all the comments, and one stuck out like a sore thumb. The poster didn't use the word "whore", but with the connotation, I took it to mean much worse, and the reponse to my PM only dug this person further into the hole.

My point is, there will be others who will look at you through their own frame of reference and make judgements based on that. When it starts to infringe on your personal zone, then you call them out on it.

Most of the times though, you just gotta let the f*ckery slide off your back. Tomorrow, they may not even remember who you are or what they said about you... don't spend any more time thinking about those people. One thing you can always keep with you though:

Remember how words like this made your heart feel. Don't bestow it upon anybody else.

Actually... the way I see it is

The guy was checking you out because youre hot... he was with his girl... so instead of getting into trouble - he had to talk some shit.

Guys do that A LOT - when they are with their gf.

Dont worry about it.

Those people were jacka$$** for calling you that!!!! They were probably jealous. And your outfit looked stylish and classy to me, some people are so immature, they don't have lives, so they bash others to feel better about themselves!

Hey mindy Im sorry that happened to you. People are just jealous of you and so they have to call you names to make them feel better. Dont let it bother you so much. I know its hard but you cant let the words get to you. You know your not a whore so dont dwell on it. Ive been called so many names that I dont let it bother me anymore.

I agree with pinksugar. When a man, especially when he is with a woman, gets caught off guard with his reaction (attraction) to another female he plays it off by overcompensating (such as the negative comment). I don't have enough threads to view your picture but I don't need to because I am mature as you say and I have seen that scenerio more than enough times.

You look gorgeous in that outfit, not whore-ish at all. They were just jealous, obviously!

Im so sorry. I know words do hurt. That outfit doesnt look whoreish at all. Very classy. I live in Miami here so maybe my idea of whore is not that. Your outfit is SEXY but not whorish. Please dont let them get to you they dont know you, who cares about them. I know it's hard to do, but for the best.

I'm sorry you got called that. People are sooo judgmental! You're right, there was nothing wrong with your outfit. Career-women wear that kind of stuff all the time! Don't let them get to you!

Originally Posted by wqwheeler /img/forum/go_quote.gif I agree with pinksugar. When a man, especially when he is with a woman, gets caught off guard with his reaction (attraction) to another female he plays it off by overcompensating (such as the negative comment). I don't have enough threads to view your picture but I don't need to because I am mature as you say and I have seen that scenerio more than enough times.
iagree.gif
I also think that this is what happened. Don't let it worry you and certainly don't let it ruin the top for you. Anyway they were probably from some rural palce in Canada... Your BF just wasn't thinking. Men are like that sometimes
wink3.gif

Back