I Got My Braces Off Today!!!

Makeuptalk.com - Makeup forums and reviews

Help Support Makeuptalk.com - Makeup forums and reviews:

Reaction score
hi everyone! i just wanted to share my happiness with you all
i went in for a checkup this morning and i prayed that i'd hear good news. My ortho looks at me and simply says well we can take off the top if youd like!! i almost fell off the chair! i hugged him after they were off, im soo sooo happy. the bottom come off in a few weeks but oh wow!!!

heres the first (and what a godawful ) pic!!

Reaction score
I cant see the pic hun but Im so happy for you!!

Reaction score
it didnt work
but yay! i know that feeling. i had mine on for 7.5 years. and i have to have them put back on again but i dont wanna pay for it :T Its the best feeling ever though!

Reaction score
Pic isnt working but I am super happy for you!!!! I need them but at 33 years old that aint gonna happen!!!

Reaction score
thanks everyone, sorry i dont know what happened but there it is

Reaction score
Aww congrats. I've never had braces, but some of my friends did.

Reaction score
yay! congrats! my sis got hers off a few weeks ago, too.

Originally Posted by Jessica_Ann /img/forum/go_quote.gif Pic isnt working but I am super happy for you!!!! I need them but at 33 years old that aint gonna happen!!! soooo many adults have them on now! i'm 20 and i have them and i'm the youngest patient there!

Reaction score
I know how you are. I had braces for 2 years and I was so happy to get them off. It sucked when I would go in and have the wire changed, my teeth hurt so bad the first day after they did that. I have a permanent retainer on my bottom teeth. I hardly ever notice its there. Im sure you are excited. Now you dont have to worry if you ever get food stuck in them. Haha.

Reaction score
Originally Posted by sweetnsexy6953 /img/forum/go_quote.gif I know how you are. I had braces for 2 years and I was so happy to get them off. It sucked when I would go in and have the wire changed, my teeth hurt so bad the first day after they did that. I have a permanent retainer on my bottom teeth. I hardly ever notice its there. Im sure you are excited. Now you dont have to worry if you ever get food stuck in them. Haha. motrin is a LIFESAVER for the pain! i'd die without it.

Reaction score
I had them on for about 3 years and I didn't like them all that much! Glad you got them off!

Reaction score
I had braces from Grade 4 till Grade 8...ahh I hated them soo much lol. You look awesome, not a god awful pic at all. I'll never forget when my ortho told me it was the day to take them off. I was soo happy, ecstatic, I didnt even know what to say, I said after a minute "Wait, what? We're taking them off? All of them?!" Hehe and yes getting wires tightened hurt like OMG, now I wonder why I never took any pain medicine like Jen....god....that would've been smart lol

Reaction score
That's great Liz!! My wife and my daughter had them so I know what a relief it is when they are off.. Great photo btw!!!

Reaction score
CONGRATS!!! Oh, wait till the bottom comes off, you will feel freer than you have in a long time!

Reaction score
Awesome! My daughter gets hers off in a few months and she can't wait.

Latest posts