I made my own bra! See *decent* pics!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by SewAmazing /img/forum/go_quote.gif Fabulous!! This project was exceptional, you mastered it! Now shock everybody and tell them how much you actually spent on supplies for your bra... It just makes you wonder about the markup on retail pricing... Hehehe, SewAmazing!
I think it would work out to about a $5 bra. I've been so busy lately, but gosh, I've gotta get to making more of these!!!

Why didn't I look at this board sooner? I didn't expect all you crafty people in a makeup forum. I have saved information from Threads for several years now on how to make your own bras but I've been hesitant to try it. But you've given me the courage. Your workmanship is incredible. I would love to know what type of sewing machine you have and what supplier you use for materials.

Last week I spent 4 days at quilt camp. In the early morning, when most of the campers were still sleeping, I would wander and look at all the machines and storage devices the campers brought. I love looking at other peoples sewing stash. I got motivated to quilt more, now your pictures are motivating me to do more apparel work.

It looks great, wish I could make my own bras too, solely to pick my own colors and save money
smile.gif

Originally Posted by stashblaster /img/forum/go_quote.gif Why didn't I look at this board sooner? I didn't expect all you crafty people in a makeup forum. I have saved information from Threads for several years now on how to make your own bras but I've been hesitant to try it. But you've given me the courage. Your workmanship is incredible. I would love to know what type of sewing machine you have and what supplier you use for materials.
Last week I spent 4 days at quilt camp. In the early morning, when most of the campers were still sleeping, I would wander and look at all the machines and storage devices the campers brought. I love looking at other peoples sewing stash. I got motivated to quilt more, now your pictures are motivating me to do more apparel work.

For this bra, I used a very simple sewing machine with just the basic functions. It was the Brother LS-2125. I've since upgraded to a more complex machine, but I really do have a soft spot for the simpler ones. It's all in the person who uses it I think.
I'll leave the web address of my supplier on your profile page.

Originally Posted by TheOpenRoad /img/forum/go_quote.gif It looks great, wish I could make my own bras too, solely to pick my own colors and save money
smile.gif
Yes! That's pretty much the idea that makes it kinda fun to make my own bras.
laughing.gif

Thanks for stopping by to look everybody! Isn't it nice to treat yourself to a well fitting bra? I know I love how good a well-crafted article of clothing feels, I think every lady should have the opportunity to experience that!

Great job, you are very talented!

I am a (commercial – type) 34 C, but I have always

problem finds any bras that fit quit right (the left cup

bra is always too small).

wow, VERY nice! looks 100% professional, you could've told me you'd just bought that and sure enough my response would be "wow, nice find, very cute bra!"

you're very talented, keep up the work!!

Back