I'm pissed...:(

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by Retro-Violet /img/forum/go_quote.gif ive gotten some really obnioux people at different makeup counters (especially if i look like crap, or dressed not really nice cause i just came from school or woke up or something where i wasnt motivated to do anything with myself). TOTALLY! i've been out shopping on my lazy days and am ignored. i've got news, my money in the wallet doesn't care how much or less i have on! $20, $50, $100 is the same value in a suit or sweats. i can't believe you got the sample. i have a macy's card and get promos all the time but when i go to get the promo, guess what, they are all out. or when i test a new perfume, guess what, they don't have samples of that one. WHAT EVER!

ever looked on ebay? somebody is getting a hook up on sample purfume and cosmetics because there sure is a hell of a lot selling on ebay...who do you think that is...it's the employee and their family and friends.

I would report her to her manager. She does'nt need to be in the publics eye loudly stating her opinion. I bet she has lost Clinique a lot of business with her attitude! They really need to know about her!!!!!

Shar

Idk, maybe it's just me but usually when I do have a free coupon for something at VS or free samples at a MU counter, I always feel the need to buy something. Even with Back to MAC empties, I always bought something. Of course I do admit I'm a freeloader! haha
lol.gif

However it was rude of her to say that. You should definitely report her. I've worked retail jobs many times before, and as many coupons or returns I get in a day I never crack my smile or be rude in any way to a client. I guess that's why other coworkers hate me...because I get compliments and good commission for being courteous to them, while they get nothing in return for being rude and snotty. Do unto others and others do unto you...(however that saying goes) lol

Originally Posted by blueangel1023 /img/forum/go_quote.gif Idk, maybe it's just me but usually when I do have a free coupon for something at VS or free samples at a MU counter, I always feel the need to buy something. Even with Back to MAC empties, I always bought something. Of course I do admit I'm a freeloader! haha
lol.gif

However it was rude of her to say that. You should definitely report her. I've done retail many times before, and as many coupons or returns I get in a day I never crack my smile or be rude in any way to a client. I guess that's why other coworkers hate me...because I get compliments and good commission for being courteous to them, while they get nothing in return for being rude and snotty. Do unto others and others do unto you...(however that saying goes) lol

I suscribe to this too. I usually will buy something when I have a "free" something coming. But ya know sometimes, like yesterday for instance, I spent a load at MAC and didnt bother with my Back2mac 6 because I wanted to focus on what I wanted from Rushmetal and Flashtronic. So if I go back on saturday to pick a shadow- I dont want to feel obligated by any SA to buy something. I think SA's need to keep this in mind... just because I didnt spend my wad at the time I get my freebee doesnt mean that I didnt drop Major cash the day before. Which actually did happen to me today when I went to pick up my pre-order at Nordies. The SA's were like this is all going to be sold out by tommorrow- I just smiled at them and said- I know I bought it all yesterday. Then again if they had just let me pick up my preorder yesterday, I wouldnt have had to bug them 2 days in a row.
tocktock.gif
I know.. I know I cant get the collection early

Keeping the cool can be hard but very effective. Write down her name from her store ID, note the day and time, and quietly insist "I want to speak to the manager." If she won't call that person, note that and go elsewhere in the store and ask again. When you get the manager, point out what you would have bought or have bought before. OR Ask what her titile is. When she says sales associciate or assistant point, out that she just guaranteed she will not get any sales from you or your friends and family. It is not her job to insult the customers . Keep your dignity. It will drive them crazy.

that's awful ! i should send you my grandmother, these two SA's were being extremely rude to me, and she went back into the store and started telling them that they should respect customers, etc etc. Since I can't send you my grandmother, I can send an apology? =)

Wow that would of pissed me off if a s.a. did that to me. Free stuff is awesome. I love stuff thats free. Im sure if she had a coupon for something that said was free she'd be all happy to receive her free gift. It was very unprofessional to do what she did. I would have said something back to her. I wouldnt take crap like that from no one. Very rude. I hate it when people are like that. It puts me in a bad mood. Sorry that you had to deal with her.

thanks for the lovely feedbacks, ladies. well, i did called clinique's customer service and the representative that i speak to was a pain in the arse as well. she told me that i was not suppose to use the coupon because it was only valid through march and that could be the reason why the SA perceived me as a "freeloader", it makes no sense to me. i double check the coupon and it doesn't have a expiration date, only stated that "while supplies last". which mean that i can use it whenever i want as long as they still have the samples left, right? anyway, i just told her that i'd never purchase from clinique again then she just said "okay" and hung up on me.

talk about great customer service. i've been to more high-end makeup counters such as chanel, bobbi brown, shiseido, and lancome and i got much better customer service from the SA's without spending a penny on their products than i ever did at clinique. bahhhhh!
frown.gif

Apparently Clinique has so much business that they don't care how their employees act?

Shar

That is so unacceptable, especially what customer service told you as well. I'm not a fan of Clinique and own nothing from that brand and I won't be purchasing anything from them in the future. That is ridiculous and I'm so sorry to hear you went through that.

That was sooo rude and uncalled for. Why make stupid samples coupons if they're going to make people feel like shit when they try to redeem it. I'd call their head office.

Clinique's Representive should of apologized for their store salesperson and offered to send you a gift certificate so you could select a few of your favorite cosmetics.

Shar

Originally Posted by rizzie_x3 /img/forum/go_quote.gif thanks for the lovely feedbacks, ladies. well, i did called clinique's customer service and the representative that i speak to was a pain in the arse as well. she told me that i was not suppose to use the coupon because it was only valid through march and that could be the reason why the SA perceived me as a "freeloader", it makes no sense to me. i double check the coupon and it doesn't have a expiration date, only stated that "while supplies last". which mean that i can use it whenever i want as long as they still have the samples left, right? anyway, i just told her that i'd never purchase from clinique again then she just said "okay" and hung up on me. Okay, that's utter batshit. There isn't any point where a SA or any one person working in retail should ever get off on perceiving anyone as a "freeloader", especially when it's a potential customer for pete's sake! You have to be personable if you're going to be in a position where you're dealing with the public daily. Personable and patient. Cause lord knows it can be frustrating. But this lady hadn't any one reason to say what she did and treat you in that manner. And it's not as though you were rude, either.
What the person should have done was kindly told you that the coupon had only been vaild through March, and maybe uh, you know, talk about their other possible offers/whatever. The way she went about doing it was totally wrong and inconsiderate. Truly showing some immaturity in the way she does her job. You were right to send in a complaint, despite the fact that the representitive herself sounded like a complete ass.

They don't need your money. lol. Sorry you had to deal with that. I, too have dealt with my fair share of cads.

Back