In your opinion, what's the nicest smelling perfume?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My favorite is Dolce & Gabbana Light Blue.

It's very light and has a grapefruit smell.

So refreshing.

Originally Posted by magosienne /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Difficult choice. One of my favorite is Miss Dior Cherie, but its price is far from nice.
That's my problem with Jo Malone Orange Blossom - it's currently my favorite scent, but holy cheese, is that stuff a fortune!

For me, it's actually what my boyfriend wears. LOL. I don't know what it is exactly, but I do know that it's from Lacoste. 
wink.gif

xoxo,

Roxanne

Originally Posted by lolaB /img/forum/go_quote.gif

V&R Flowerbomb is by far my favorite.

I second that!!!!!!! It's addictive in my opinion.  However, the price is sky high 
icon_cry.gif

Pick one? That I just can't do! lol I just got my new fav for xmas, Pure by DKNY. I also love Love Kills Slowly by Ed Hardy (pink bottle, i'm on number 2 or 3), and Calvin Klein's Euphoria. I love lots more, but I figure I pushed it with naming three! lol my dresser is lined up from one end to the other with perfumes...that's why it's so hard to pick! 

Originally Posted by imonabhaute /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I know it's kind of 70s old school; but YSL's Opium is one of my favorites.
Oh, god, I LOVE Opium!  I think, maybe because of our individual body chemistries, some of us can't wear certain scents. What smells good on you may not smell good on me, and so on.  And I'll tell you - Opium *stinks* on me - STINKS!  It smells wonderful on my mom, and on other people who've worn it.  And I could sit around and sniff the bottle all day long.  But I just can't wear it - my body chemistry turns it into something awful on me.  Every few years, I give it another try to see if my chemistry has changed at all, and so far, no luck.  Of course, I really can't wear spicy/oriental fragrances - I can't wear Opium, Coco Chanel, Youth Dew, etc.  I can wear a few of the softer ones - I can wear Shalimar, Aveda Purefume/Shampure, and Spellbound.  But anything spicier than that is trouble for me.  I tend to do best with florals.

I have several favorites. Some of them include:

Pleasures by Estee Lauder (I am not notorious for liking florals, but do love the florals collaborated in this fragrance)

Bright Crystal by Versace (I can smell pomegranates, among many other scents that just work well together)

Guilty by Gucci (The peach fragrance is very prevalent in this scent)

Hypnotic Poison by Dior (There is something about the almond, cinnamon, and vanilla in this fragrance that gets me)

L'Eau Ambree by Prada (The amber, rose, and vanilla mixed together are incredibly outstanding in this perfume)

Brit Eau de by Burberry (The pear and lime scent in this fragrance works amazing with the almond and vanilla scent)

Rose Essentielle by Bvlgari (I absolutely love how well the berry scent works perfectly with the rose and jasmine) 

I have a hard time finding fragrances on me because for some reason my skin makes practically everything smell like ... (overly floral) gas station bathroom soap.

It's not like it's a particularly bad smell to smell like you've freshly washed your hands with the no-name soap from the push dispenser after going to the bathroom, but...I don't want to smell like I just came out of a bathroom all the time >.<

The Vera Wang princess series has been my favorite as it doesn't smell like soap!  (I own a bottle of Princess, and I've smelled ...the school girl version one? i forget the name right now but it has the plaid school girl skirt sort of design to it.  It smelled good on me too.)

Light Blue by Dolce and Gabbana...I have been wearing it for years. I mainly wear it during the day and when i go out I wear Chance by Chanel. Light Blue has a nice soft scent. My favorite!!

I got a bottle of Giorgio Armani Acqua Di Gioa that I'm loving!!!! It's slowly creeping up my list of favorites 
wub.gif

I really like Pink Sugar at Sephora... and even though it's a guys cologne, Fierce by Abercrombie and Fitch smells AMAZING!!!! every time I wear it people tell me how good I smell... it doesn't really smell like a guys cologne either.

Some of the BEST colognes are for men.  I still want to rip a mans clothes off when I smell Fahrenheit by Christian Dior!!!!!!!

my bf was asking me to get him some cologne recently. maybe i should go by the counter and test out some guy smells too.  i'm too into making myself smell pretty lol

The way I see it is this........the better my husband smells, the more I'm intoxicated with him.  Kind of a "win win" situation 
nite.gif
  I know what kind of scents he likes so I test them out and purchase whichever is the most alluring to me...... 

Omg!! I love Fierce by Abercrombie and Fitch!! When my husband where's this I just want to rip off his clothes!! I sometimes dab it on..I so love this cologne!!

Back