In your opinion, what's the nicest smelling perfume?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have over 10 different fragrances in my collection. Some I have in body lotions, sparkle sprays and bath gels as well. I usually wear a different scent each day. The one I choose depends on my mood, the weather outside, what I am wearing, where I am going, who I am with. For me, a fragrance is all about the here and now. My two favorites, though, would have to be Viva la Juicy by Juicy Couture and Stella by Stella McCartney. 

I think, any perfume has its own peculiar scent. So, it is difficult to say which one is better.

@topic:  I admit that I'm a little bit obsessed with perfume, so there are quite a lot of fragrances that I really like. I think that my absolute favourites

frequently change depending on my mood. My current favourite is Rose Absolute Eau de Parfum from Yves Rocher. Actually, almost all of their fragrances smell amazing in my opinion, but the rose fragrance is definitely my favourite. When I bought it, the lady at the store actually told me that in France one bottle of the Rose Absolute perfume sells every ten minutes, or something crazy like that. (It was some really high number anyway.)

Statistics aside, I think it is actually a really nice smelling perfume, especially if you love roses as much as I do.

Recently, we have finally got "Bath and Body Works" here in Canada as well! I went there the other day and sampled almost every fragrance they have! LOL! I think that after a while they all just blended together in my nose, so I'm not really sure if I was smelling all of them properly! :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

However, I have to say that I really love many of the fragrances they carry too, and I especially love the fact that they have such a huge selection to pick from! They are low end fragrances, but in my opinion they don't smell like they are. (That probably sounded bad, lol! :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />) A lot of them are really nice.

I think some of my favourites are: White Citrus (which I actually bought), Eucalyptus and Mint (which is actually part of their aromatherapy line), Cucumber and Melon, Twilight Woods (although I can't remember what it smells like now, and I think I might just like the name! :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />) and tons of others that I can't remember at the moment!

my two favorites are juicy couture viva la juicy and versace bright crystal, i get comments on both of those all of the time. I plan on buying more of both when i run out.

My favorite fragrances are Dorian and Mouse's Sad and Long Tale by Black Phoenix Alchemy Lab.

Dorian is a Victorian fragrance with tea, citrus and vanilla. It's all very subtle though and feels very sophisticated without being too heavy.

Mouse's Sad and Long Tale smells like vanilla, amber, light sandalwood and sweet pea. Again all of the notes are very subtle, but it kind of smells like a warm vanilla embrace. Yum :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I love BPAL. It's definitely the place for people who are generally turned off by traditional department store perfumes. Personally, I find the department store too overwhelming. I like to read a little about the scents before I go sticking my nose in it. I also like how BPAL scents have stories and concepts, but they're not as convoluted as, for instence, Britney Spears' "choose your own destiny" scent. Whatever that's supposed to smell like.

For example, Dorian smells exactly how you would expect a Victorian, English Dorian Grey to smell.

Anywhoo, their search feature is offline, but if you're interested I would suggest checking it out as you can search by notes that you like and click on the name to go to a thread of reviews. Or you can just browse their forum for other rec's.

Also what's nice about BPAL is their "imps", which are sample sizes of their perfume. You can buy a set of six for I think around $18 and they last a long time and BPAL usually sends a couple extra imps with every order.

I seriously love this company if you can't tell.

Originally Posted by LisaF1163 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Oh, god, I LOVE Opium!  I think, maybe because of our individual body chemistries, some of us can't wear certain scents. What smells good on you may not smell good on me, and so on.  And I'll tell you - Opium *stinks* on me - STINKS!  It smells wonderful on my mom, and on other people who've worn it.
Channel no 5 is my mother's signature scent and the same thing happened to me. I always loved the way it smells on her so when I was 16 or 17 and going on a date and wanted to impress, I asked if I could use her Channel and she said sure. Oh my Gawd was it awful!

My favorite fragrance is Calvin Klein Eternity.

Originally Posted by DonnaJ /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Channel no 5 is my mother's signature scent and the same thing happened to me. I always loved the way it smells on her so when I was 16 or 17 and going on a date and wanted to impress, I asked if I could use her Channel and she said sure. Oh my Gawd was it awful!

My favorite fragrance is Calvin Klein Eternity.
I also can't wear Chanel Number 5. It's mainly because of that that I have always considered Chanel fragrances to be overrated. That's probably not fair though. They might have something that I like, and I may have just not discovered it yet.

Interestingly, I have also always loved Calvin Klein's Eternity, and it smells very nice on me. I wonder if that's a coincidence? :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Last year, I think, Eva Longoria created a scent simply called "Eva". She actually designed it with people who are sensitive to perfumes in mind. She kept the notes of the fragrance in line with those that are less irritating to the nose and eyes. I actually tested it in a magazine, and I have to say, it is a softer, gentler scent than many others that I own. And it "calms down" nicely after it is applied. For any of you who have a sensitivity to many perfumes on the market, I strongly encourage you to give that a try. I was able to purchase it at Macy's. You probably can find it there.

Jean Patou's Joy this is far from cheap ladies! I got it for my birthday from my aunt. When i run out i will never be able to buy it agian! 

I love juicy, and jlo miami or whatever she called that one...it was very tropical, fruity. I love that kind of stuff

Back