Indie Perfumes

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I ordered bitsies from Darling Clandestine yesterday.  Haus of Gloi is the only other place I've gotten perfume oils from (Tobac, Spider Silk, Pumpkin Queen, Persephone's Descent, Ghost Puffs.) So, these DC scents will be my first really outside the box ones. I got Don Gato and Vortex--hoping they ship soon! 
Yay! I made my DC order, too! I got a full size of Vortex and she's going to have a bottle of Halochrome for me, as well, when it is ready!

.... I think I already posted that here. OMG, I'm sorry if I am repeating myself. I am just really excited! :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Nothing makes me happier than new perfumes to try!

I did a bad thing and just ordered these goodies from CocoaPink

Screenshot 2015-01-15 at 3.52.31 PM.png

DANG YOU, LONG TAT...want to smell them NOW.

I picked up Lokelani tonight from Black Violet... I waffled between waiting for a sale or not, but decided that getting down with the DC Valentine's release is stressful enough, so I don't need to be a sale ninja all over the internet. :lol: I can't wait until it get's here!

Anyone else excited for the BlackBox? I feel like March is never going to come, but I know it will sneak up on me so quickly - I've been watching her FB (one of the few that shows up in my feed) and I don't think she's mentioned how many slots there will be? But it is only quarterly, so it will probably be pricey; hopefully those two things will combine to make a decent number of openings! :eek: /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I'm crossing my fingers about Blackbox, but my sub karma has been so strong over the past year that I know it must come to an end some time soon, so I'm not holding my breath.  I'm still going to set an alarm and try for it when the specific time is announced!

In perfume news, my scent o' the day!  BPAL Pursue Rabbit: 

vanilla-infused sandalwood with wild black tobacco, white tea leaf, matcha, white musk, orange blossom, pale incense, and opium tar.
It was created as a Kickstarter reward for Century Guild, an art gallery in Los Angeles, and inspired by a piece by the artist Gail Potocki from her Fragmented Alice series.  It was limited to fifty bottles, and the Kickstarter levels that included it sold out in something like fifteen minutes after it was announced.  Speaking of indie karma, I was lucky enough to get one of the Kickstarter slots.  Oh, man, I *love* this scent, but I rarely wear it due to its very, *very* limited nature.

Haus of Gloi just sent out a newsletter for their valentines release this 1/25!  Who Needs Love sounds amazing

[SIZE=18pt]Valentine's Release Jan 25th at Noon PST[/SIZE]

77.jpg

Hey everyone! Our Valentines release is going to be short and sweet this year. There are a few formula changes on some returning scents and we've got two new scents we're adding to the lineup. Risque is less sharp and much more smooth of a scent this year. We're using a softer leather note and have dropped the agarwood attar in place of a lovely warm amber incense note. First Blush is our newest scent and it's a lovely fresh spring scent. There's another new blend as well, but I think I'll let that be a surprise as you read on!

Who Needs Love
A mahogany box filled with chocolaty orbs, coated in crystallized coffee, filled with a pomegranate and raspberry filling. (Bubbling scrub, Emulsifying scrub, Pumpkin butter, Whipped soap, Perfume oil, Hair oil)

Odette
Clean sun dried linens, tuberose, ginger lily and white musk.
(Bubbling scrub, Emulsifying scrub, Pumpkin butter, Whipped soap, Perfume oil, Hair oil)

First Blush
Tahitian vanilla bean, white tea, lavender and peach.
(Bubbling scrub, Emulsifying scrub, Pumpkin butter, Whipped soap, Perfume oil, Hair oil)

Cozy Rose
Cozy Sweater and our Rose City blended together harmoniously.

Risque
A leather whip, red musk, cast aside roses and an intoxicating touch of amber incense.
(Pumpkin butter, Whipped soap, Perfume oil, Hair oil)

Come Hither
Based off of traditional herbs and roots used in Hoodoo to draw and attract a lover, or entice the one you've already ensnared! Bourbon vanilla, tonka bean, a touch of rose oil, Queen Elizabeth (orris) root, saffron and a touch of honey to sweeten the whole deal.
(Pumpkin butter, Perfume oil, Hair oil)

BUTTERBOMBS
[SIZE=11pt]   [/SIZE]
Milk & Carnation
[SIZE=12pt]A blend of soft milk and carnations.[/SIZE]

Pink Champagne
Bubbly champagne with strawberries and pink grapefruit.

Hot Wax
Warm sweet beeswax.

Lavender Forest
A blend of Bulgarian lavender, scots pine, amyris and frankincense.

[SIZE=14pt]LIP BALMS[/SIZE]
Red Velvet Cake

Pink Champagne

Cocoa Rose

Vanilla Cherry

Last edited by a moderator:
Basically, I need all of this except Odette (which sounds terrible to me)...ahh...hope there is still stuff left when I get paid a few days after it releases! . <3 <3l

I will also have to add the butterbombs of pink champagne & hot wax..

@yousoldtheworld  hopefully, there will be some items left!!

@@biancardi ughhh it all sounds great! I am definitely going to get Come Hither, sample of Risque and Who Needs Love, probably pumpkin butter of WNL, and Red Velvet and Vanilla Cherry balms. 

I think I'm going to get

• Odette in a whipped soap and perfume sample (it's either going to be awesome or terrible, I can't tell which, but it reminds me of Velvet Tuberose from B&BW)
  • Come Hither perfume sample
  • Who Needs Love pumpkin butter if I can get a mini
  • First Blush....not sure what yet. It sounds so great but I'm having trouble deciding.
Not even considering bath bombs or lip balms to soften this financially. 

I am doing 

• Sample of Risque, First Blush
  • Decants of hair oil of Who Needs Loves and First Blush
  • Splitting a bottle of Come Hither perfume oil with Mari 
  • Who Needs Love Pumpkin Butter (hopefully FS)
  • Red Velvet Lip Balm (maaaaybe Vanilla Cherry too) 
  • Something special for Ella 

Here's my shopping list:

• ​Perfume samples of all scents
  • First Blush and Who Needs Love Pumpkin Butters, probably minis
  • Possibly First Blush whipped soap if I want to break my low buy rules
  • All the Butterbombs
  • All the lip balms
  • And 3 hair oils I'm splitting with friends

If I perchance decided I want to smell like cake what perfumes would you recommend? Also, any really good fruit scented perfumes? 
Cake:

• Sixteen92 Red Velvet Hot Chocolate
  • Haus of Gloi and Solstice Scents have some cake scents for spring
Fruit:

• ​Black Violet Celebration, Lilikoi, Red Lotus, Candy Rocket (coming soon)
  • Haus of Gloi Imp, Komodo (Summer collection) Beguiled (Summer), Sanctum (Summer), Zazz (Summer), Litchi Milk Tea
  • Ten Three Labs Artificial Angels, Where the Glory in the Crowning
  • Darling Clandestine Small Saga, Pyrotechnik, Morderteile Kelah

If I perchance decided I want to smell like cake what perfumes would you recommend? Also, any really good fruit scented perfumes? 
The Cake is a Lie by One Hand Washes The Other, and Sweetness by Little Batch Apothecary. Both smell like a glazed lemon poundcake. OHWTO's is lighter and slightly less lemony, or at least it is in the solid version. Both have great staying power.

Latest posts

Back