Indie Perfumes

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
*sigh*  I desperately wish Possets' website was easier to deal with.  I just want a list of oil names and their notes!  I don't like having to click on *every single scent* to see what's in them.  It's one thing if there are only a dozen or so.  Possets has *hundreds* of scents.  And they don't even group things into collections, so you can't even sort out the ones based on composers, specific songs, the states, authors, colors, etc., that I *know* are considered parts of specific collections.
I haven't even tried shopping with them because of this. Maybe one day I will tackle it.

*sigh*  I desperately wish Possets' website was easier to deal with.  I just want a list of oil names and their notes!  I don't like having to click on *every single scent* to see what's in them.  It's one thing if there are only a dozen or so.  Possets has *hundreds* of scents.  And they don't even group things into collections, so you can't even sort out the ones based on composers, specific songs, the states, authors, colors, etc., that I *know* are considered parts of specific collections.
Yep, I've looked at it a time or two and just, no. 

I really wish every company that sells perfumes/fragranced things had a master list of all fragrances and notes. I lose patience having to click through page after page, and then I lose interest. (similarly, I wish all companies that offer collections, whether they be fragrances, makeup, whatever, had an option to add a whole collection to your cart with one click. it's a small thing but I get a little annoyed having to add a lot of things individually!)

I wish some companies understood that having a nice, clean, easy to use website goes a LONG way toward getting our money!

Someone on reddit put together a master scent list for a bunch of indies, including Possets, here - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1U2IICd2FGZ4q4dQJwp858Boqc01Ssq89cjIllvWlCPA/edit
Oh, *fantastic*.  I was just asking if this sort of thing existed on another forum, and no one knew about any such document.  The BPAL document is laughably incomplete (I think the last spreadsheet for them that I had involved nearly three thousand scents), but I do know where I can get *that* information.

Today, I broke out my BPAL Hod Resurrected. Creamy carnation with a touch of something ever so slightly resiny, like amber. I like this one better than my BPAL Spanish Red Carnation single note, possibly because my nose reads Hod as more pink than red.

*cough* Oh, @@MIKAGlam, I believe this is relevant to your interests.

http://blackphoenixalchemylab.com/product-category/221b-baker-street/

ETA:  Oh, and a few more details.

This month, we are thrilled to introduce our Sherlock Holmes line, 221B Baker Street. This series has been almost a decade in the making, and technically began the day I first read the Hound of the Baskervilles in third grade.

221B is a project that will overlap between Black Phoenix Alchemy Lab and Black Phoenix Trading Post. Many members of the dramatis personae; will be available in perpetuity through the general catalogue, while the stories themselves will manifest as limited edition runs.
The Trading Post is a separate entity, and it doesn't look like they have released anything yet.

Last edited by a moderator:
I went on a bit of an indie perfume binge around Christmas and the results are starting to roll in.  I've gotten my BPAL order (6 imps from the Picnic in Arkham collection, +2 free sample imps) and my Darling Clandestine order (Falter overstock from Falloween, Aequitas, and Morderteile Kelah.)  I have orders from Sixteen92 (arriving today) and Midnight Gypsy Alchemy (just shipped) on the way, and after playing with my Darling Clandestine order yesterday, I made another order because that's what happens when I go to their website to look up scent notes  :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

It's probably too much stuff for me to go through every scent individually, and I'm not great at describing smells, but so far I'm in love with Shub-Niggurath from the BPAL stuff, it smells like really good, fancy ginger ale on me, and the Falter from DC, which smells like an awesome gnarly cucumber maybe?, then sweetens up on dry-down.  Also, I put on the Falter last night, and I can still smell it this morning, so that's some awesome staying power.

Meh, I just want to get DC's Vortex and I keep missing it. I'm crying, brb. T_T
DC opened again last night and FS Vortex oils are in the shop now.  I think either bitsies or itsy-bitsies of it will also be available later in the month.

*cough* Oh, @@MIKAGlam, I believe this is relevant to your interests.

http://blackphoenixalchemylab.com/product-category/221b-baker-street/

ETA: Oh, and a few more details.

The Trading Post is a separate entity, and it doesn't look like they have released anything yet.
Ohhhh boy!! I know where my money is going!!I've never tried BPAL before and Sherlock Holmes is the #1 best way for me to get to try something. Next week I shall put money in my account and order it immediately. Yesterday was Sherlock's birthday so awesome day to find that out!

Also: I am aware that Sherlock Holmes is a fictional character, therefore the idea of celebrating his birthday is far fetched but I do not care!! I love me some Sherlock and yes I celebrated I will also celebrate by buying some perfume :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

DC opened again last night and FS Vortex oils are in the shop now.  I think either bitsies or itsy-bitsies of it will also be available later in the month.

I saw that! And I was going to order and remembered the OTHER reason I haven't purchased - I keep hoping that I can catch some leftover Halochrome. -_- /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  I guess it would be too much to hope for both in one order, so I should try to get Vortex while I can.

I saw that! And I was going to order and remembered the OTHER reason I haven't purchased - I keep hoping that I can catch some leftover Halochrome. -_- /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  I guess it would be too much to hope for both in one order, so I should try to get Vortex while I can.
I think it's very likely that Halochrome might not come back; she had a bit left over during the last restock but it might have been one of the ones that she mentioned won't be back.  Your best bet is to message her on etsy.

Ohhhh boy!! I know where my money is going!!

I've never tried BPAL before and Sherlock Holmes is the #1 best way for me to get to try something. Next week I shall put money in my account and order it immediately. Yesterday was Sherlock's birthday so awesome day to find that out!

Also: I am aware that Sherlock Holmes is a fictional character, therefore the idea of celebrating his birthday is far fetched but I do not care!! I love me some Sherlock and yes I celebrated I will also celebrate by buying some perfume :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
I love a Sherlock character. And yes, I mean character. So many shows are based on Sherlock- House (that oen was uber obvious), Scorpion, The Mentalist, etc. And of course Sherlock himself. What do you guys think of Elementary? I have to admit I'm biased because the GORGEOUS Lucy Liu is in it, and my crush since Hackers came out in sixth grade (he's SO handome, ugh)...

I love a Sherlock character. And yes, I mean character. So many shows are based on Sherlock- House (that oen was uber obvious), Scorpion, The Mentalist, etc. And of course Sherlock himself. What do you guys think of Elementary? I have to admit I'm biased because the GORGEOUS Lucy Liu is in it, and my crush since Hackers came out in sixth grade (he's SO handome, ugh)...
I love it!! I am biased, I tend to love all Sherlock themed anything, but I love what they did with the Sherlock world. Plus making Watson AND Moriarty women?! Yes!!!

I've only seen scattered _Elementary_ eps at my aunt's when my neighbor decides he wants to watch it (she saves it on her dvr for him).  I don't have a tv, CBS doesn't do Hulu or much Netflix streaming, and if I can't add it to my Hulu or Netflix queue, I'm never going to bother watching it.  One of these days, I might get around to renting it by the season (there's a video store here that does full seasons of shows, $5 for five days), but I have other things I have to rent first, like _Orphan Black_ and the rest of _The Wire_.

I am not a Sherlock fan AT ALL, but I do love Elementary. I am a big fan of Lucy Liu (since Charlie's Angels movie, ha ha) and of course Jonny Lee Miller is impeccable. I was a little older in 1995 when Hackers came out but I've seen so many of his movies and shows, I will watch anything he's in. (Trainspotting? Eli Stone? Gimme.) but the series premise its self doesn't interest me and I wouldn't have watched but for the cast. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Haven't kept up this month because I don't have time to sit down and watch TV so I rely on DVR, Netflix, Hulu+ and Amazon Prime and none of them have it (well my DVR is full of kids stuff), and I've been too lazy to visit my illegal streaming haunts so yeah.

I think it's very likely that Halochrome might not come back; she had a bit left over during the last restock but it might have been one of the ones that she mentioned won't be back.  Your best bet is to message her on etsy.
 I saw on Facebook today that there were quite a few customers waiting for Halochrome, so I'm not sure if she meant waiting in the sense of waiting for their package, or waiting as in waiting for the last release. I got the sense that it was the latter but you may be right. *shrugs*

I am not a Sherlock fan AT ALL
.......what. I'm just, hmm, you know. I LOVED having you as my Secret Santa. We have so much in common and then you just have to go and say something like this and ruin it all! Smh. :)

Totally OT but I love showing it off. Some already know, it's not like I keep it a secret, but I am OBSESSED with Sherlock Holmes. This is my tattoo I got a year ago. It's on my left arm above my wrist so I see this dude everyday. I like to put makeup on him when I'm extra bored, because why not?

image.jpg

.......what.

I'm just, hmm, you know. I LOVED having you as my Secret Santa. We have so much in common and then you just have to go and say something like this and ruin it all! Smh.
LMAO That's what they call me  they say, "oh, there goes Shalott-opened-her-big-mouth-and-ruined-it-all. You know, she's a ruiner." :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> :lol:

I understand the appeal, I really do! But even from reading Arthur Conan Doyle in J.H.S. I couldn't get into it. Not my thing, I guess. :ph34r: /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Back