Indiespensable

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
New Indiespensable this week! I love love love McSweeney's. Book riot posted more clues, so there are a few more clues out there.

I am looking forward to checking out mcsweenys. I've never heard of it before so something new will be welcome. I still have no clue with book riot but it will be here in a couple weeks!

I think my Indiespensable package is supposed to be delivered today but I won't be home until like 1am :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

I just want to see what's in it - it's my first one! 

Quote: Originally Posted by buhdderkupp /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I think my Indiespensable package is supposed to be delivered today but I won't be home until like 1am :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

I just want to see what's in it - it's my first one! 
Me too! So excited to see what the surprises are!

My bf got his yesterday, not as exciting as I would have hoped but the book looks great it's huge!!!

Really love the book for this month and am happy that Eggers signed it! The extra was nice too--less fab than some but still enjoyable.

Quote: Originally Posted by nicepenguins /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Really love the book for this month and am happy that Eggers signed it! The extra was nice too--less fab than some but still enjoyable.
Less fab, especially following last months featured snack (so good) but wow, this book is amazing! The quality is fantastic, and I just realized from the note that it doesn't actually release until Dec 24th. That's pretty awesome if you ask me!

I got my first one today and I'm super stoked...but I have a really dumb question: since this book is signed by multiple people because it's a collection, how can we tell which writers signed our books? It's hard to make out a lot of the signatures. 

Quote: Originally Posted by betsye /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I got my first one today and I'm super stoked...but I have a really dumb question: since this book is signed by multiple people because it's a collection, how can we tell which writers signed our books? It's hard to make out a lot of the signatures. 
Haha it's not dumb. I have no idea either.... (Or maybe I'm just dumb too)

Quote: Originally Posted by dousedingin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Haha it's not dumb. I have no idea either.... (Or maybe I'm just dumb too)
I can make out Dave Eggers, and I think Jess Walter, and maybe Peter Orner? Based on the list of people who have contributions in the book and what the autographs look like--with the Eggers I google image searched for his autograph and it matched. 

I had to google image Dave Eggers too… I have no clue who all they are...

What the heck??? I feel kinda ripped off

I absolutely love this subscription. I love reading, but work and travel a lot, so it's hard to find time discover great books. With this subscription, I feel like I have a smart bookworm friend who knows what I will like reading. The fancy caramels don't hurt either!

Quote: Originally Posted by stephstrong /img/forum/go_quote.gif

What the heck??? I feel kinda ripped off
Initially, when I saw that, I did too. But then when you go through checkout, realize there's a handling fee, tax, and 7$ shipping.... it works itself out. =o)

Quote: Originally Posted by buhdderkupp /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Did anyone else order the Book Riot Quarterly? I really want mine to arrive!!!
I ordered it! Hoping to get my shipping notice today. 

For anyone who subbed to Book Riot, or was curious, here's a spoiler. 

Book - $20
Notes - Everyone gets 10, inserted in the book at the appropriate spots, and you can read all 30+ on quarterly. Cooler than I thought it would be. - $?
e.e. cummings notebook - $5
paper pastris pencils, set of 6 - $8
book lovers calendar - $8
bonus items -
Excerpt from Never Have I Ever by Katie Heaney - $?
Poster (One of two, either william shakespeare's star wars, or geek guide to dating). I got the latter and would love to see a picture of the former!
A couple items can't be monetarily quantified, but overall I am very pleased with the box! The notes look like they will be fun to discover as I read the book. What do you all think?

Back