Indiespensable

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Let's see if I can do this: 

I'm pretty sure it's Parnassus on Wheels. Ann Patchett's bookstore in Nashville is called Parnassus Books. One of the rioters also talked recently on a podcast about how much they enjoyed the book

Quote: Originally Posted by s112095 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Let's see if I can do this: 

I'm pretty sure it's Parnassus on Wheels. Ann Patchett's bookstore in Nashville is called Parnassus Books. One of the rioters also talked recently on a podcast about how much they enjoyed the book
Awesome, thank you so much!

Okay, reading the reviews on amazon and the wiki for the spoiled book and I really hope that's it because it sounds really really good. I've never heard about it before!

Who got the first book riot box? What did you think of Lexicon?

I'm excited/nervous to read this book. It will definitely get me out of my YA/Children novels addiction. There's only so many times you can read Harry Potter, Sarah Dessen books, and Ella Enchanted... (don't judge me) 
icon_redface.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by SubJunkie /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I'm excited/nervous to read this book. It will definitely get me out of my YA/Children novels addiction. There's only so many times you can read Harry Potter, Sarah Dessen books, and Ella Enchanted... (don't judge me) 
icon_redface.gif

Um, there's no limit to the amount of times you can read Harry Potter!

I'm also a huge YA fan... I read it about 90% of the time probably.  I've never read Ella Enchanted though.

I do love Sarah Dessen, and her obsession with Good Morning America. 

Quote: Originally Posted by buhdderkupp /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm also a huge YA fan... I read it about 90% of the time probably.  I've never read Ella Enchanted though.

I agree RE Harry Potter… But FYI Subjunkie the store mentioned in the spoiler has a YA indispensable like program...

I'm glad I'm not the only YA junkie!  My friends and I laugh because we can't seem to get out of that section of the library :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

Quote: Originally Posted by jennyloo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I'm glad I'm not the only YA junkie!  My friends and I laugh because we can't seem to get out of that section of the library :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 
I'm pretty sure I'm going to be like 50 and still reading YA.

My questions regarding the spoiled book:

Had BookRiot ever mentioned the types of books they'd be sending out, i.e. if they'd be sending out newer books, like Lexicon was? The hardcover version of this book was put out in 1992, so even though older books have been re-released, it was re-released in hardcover a while ago. Not that they have to send hardcovers, but the paperback only costs around $10 or so, and while I know that the point of the BookRiot sub isn't necessarily to make back the value, it's all about the experience, I was thinking that we'd be getting hardcover books. Does anyone know if they have said anything about that? 

lol I don't feel so bad now. I've honestly lost count of how many times I've read Harry Potter. But, Ella Enchanted is a great book it came out in 1997 and I've honestly had the book since then (it was one of the books that one the newberry honor). The movie is horrible though I thought it didn't do the book any justice at all. 

I agree RE Harry Potter… But FYI Subjunkie the store mentioned in the spoiler has a YA indispensable like program...
I'm looking into that right now 
biggrin.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by betsye /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  My questions regarding the spoiled book:

Had BookRiot ever mentioned the types of books they'd be sending out, i.e. if they'd be sending out newer books, like Lexicon was? The hardcover version of this book was put out in 1992, so even though older books have been re-released, it was re-released in hardcover a while ago. Not that they have to send hardcovers, but the paperback only costs around $10 or so, and while I know that the point of the BookRiot sub isn't necessarily to make back the value, it's all about the experience, I was thinking that we'd be getting hardcover books. Does anyone know if they have said anything about that? 
I think in this case they are adding a second book. In one of their spoiler posts they said something about advanced reader copies going into some boxes. I felt they did a good job with the last box so hopefully they get close this time too. 

I think in this case they are adding a second book. In one of their spoiler posts they said something about advanced reader copies going into some boxes. I felt they did a good job with the last box so hopefully they get close this time too. 
Ah, awesome! I really liked the last box so I'm super excited for this one. 

This is a completely random question but does anyone think that it's a invasion of personal space when someone ask you what you're reading when you're reading. I feel like what you're reading is kind of personal and you just ripped me out of my book 
pissoff.gif
. lol I don't know if I'm being irrational or not. 

Do the books from Indiespensable usually come with a dustcover? I see that some have and some haven't, so I was just wondering if anyone who has subscribed longer than I have (two installments) has any info about that.

I'm still SO IMPATIENT about what the next installment will be! I was going to tweet at Indiespensable but the account hasn't been updated since 2011, and I don't know if the regular Powell's twitter account has any info about this program. 

Quote: Originally Posted by betsye /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Do the books from Indiespensable usually come with a dustcover? I see that some have and some haven't, so I was just wondering if anyone who has subscribed longer than I have (two installments) has any info about that.

I'm still SO IMPATIENT about what the next installment will be! I was going to tweet at Indiespensable but the account hasn't been updated since 2011, and I don't know if the regular Powell's twitter account has any info about this program. 

I was wondering that too. This will only be my 4th and of the three I have only one hasn't had the dust cover. Although I'm considering another 1st edition/signed sub 
icon_redface.gif
. Have I mentioned that I love books 

Quote: Originally Posted by SubJunkie /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  This is a completely random question but does anyone think that it's a invasion of personal space when someone ask you what you're reading when you're reading. I feel like what you're reading is kind of personal and you just ripped me out of my book 
pissoff.gif
. lol I don't know if I'm being irrational or not. 
Haaa I'm of two minds. I don't mind being asked, but if you see my nose in a book or pointed at my e-reader.. don't ask… LOL. I'll ask too, but try to follow the same rules.

I can't believe they still haven't updated yet!! Arghhh. Eating my words. Lol

As far as people asking me what I'm reading, I definitely have two opinions like the previous poster. On one hand, don't bother me. On the other, I may want to ask that same question of someone else, it may be my next read! I also think people see a book in someone's face and think "opportunity to strike up conversation!" and as someone who believes people are way too closed off and refuse to even be polite to strangers, I am okay with this. (Note, I am not talking about pick-up artists who are trying to get in pants with whatever thing they can find, I'm talking about genuine people who really want to chat and make new friends off common interests!)

Back