Indiespensable

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quote: Originally Posted by s112095 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
   Although I'm considering another 1st edition/signed sub 
icon_redface.gif
. Have I mentioned that I love books 
What's the other sub??

Quote: Originally Posted by dousedingin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I can't believe they still haven't updated yet!! Arghhh. Eating my words. Lol

As far as people asking me what I'm reading, I definitely have two opinions like the previous poster. On one hand, don't bother me. On the other, I may want to ask that same question of someone else, it may be my next read! I also think people see a book in someone's face and think "opportunity to strike up conversation!" and as someone who believes people are way too closed off and refuse to even be polite to strangers, I am okay with this. (Note, I am not talking about pick-up artists who are trying to get in pants with whatever thing they can find, I'm talking about genuine people who really want to chat and make new friends off common interests!)

I was wondering that too. This will only be my 4th and of the three I have only one hasn't had the dust cover. Although I'm considering another 1st edition/signed sub 
icon_redface.gif
. Have I mentioned that I love books 

Haaa I'm of two minds. I don't mind being asked, but if you see my nose in a book or pointed at my e-reader.. don't ask… LOL. I'll ask too, but try to follow the same rules.
Both of you guys are right. Although I'm thinking that the reason why I typically get annoyed when people ask me what I'm reading is because 99.9% of the time it's a guy trying to talk to me. 

Quote: Originally Posted by SubJunkie /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  This is a completely random question but does anyone think that it's a invasion of personal space when someone ask you what you're reading when you're reading. I feel like what you're reading is kind of personal and you just ripped me out of my book 
pissoff.gif
. lol I don't know if I'm being irrational or not. 

I don't usually mind when I'm reading a physical book, I get weird when I'm reading on my kindle though, mostly because a some of the time I'm reading stuff that's not actual books (ok, I read fanfic sometimes. whatever.)  and I don't want to admit that to like people I work with so I have to come up with a lie at the spur of the moment. *shrugs*

New Book Riot Quarterly teaser posted:

We’ve already given you one round of hints about what this box will contain. This next clue comes to us in the form of a poem:

We may not dance cheek to cheek
But put your lips to mine and your energy will peak.
Unfolding the day, I’ll stay by your side, quenching your thirst with my contents inside.
My exterior is wrapped with text from the past, that was a little too racy, a little too fast.
Can’t wait till I can be in your hands
And help your love of reading expand.

Thoughts????

New Book Riot Quarterly teaser posted:
We’ve already given you one round of hints about what this box will contain. This next clue comes to us in the form of a poem:
We may not dance cheek to cheek But put your lips to mine and your energy will peak. Unfolding the day, I’ll stay by your side, quenching your thirst with my contents inside. My exterior is wrapped with text from the past, that was a little too racy, a little too fast. Can’t wait till I can be in your hands And help your love of reading expand.
Thoughts???? Sounds like a water bottle with text on the exterior?

Sounds like a water bottle with text on the exterior?
That's what I was thinking too...

That new Book Riot spoiler sounds cool! I can't wait for it to be sent out.

I tweeted at Powells and asked if they knew when the next Indiespensable will be released. They said to look for it "very soon" which is good, but also vague. I guess we'll all have to wait a little longer. 

Parnassus books. There is also RJ Julia's but that one isn't signed. 
I subbed to that one yesterday! I'm really excited to get first book. The past books were all books I enjoyed.

The new installment of Indiespensable is up!! 

It is The Blazing World by Siri Hustvedt.

I haven't read anything by Siri Hustvedt so I'm excited to get the next installment.  Has anyone read Orfeo?  I finished it on Saturday and I liked it.   

I've been charged by quarterly for BookRiot. No delays I'm shocked
I know right??? Quarterly has some of the worst delays, and absolutely no communication about it.

I know right??? Quarterly has some of the worst delays, and absolutely no communication about it.
I just want to receive it in the mail nowwwwwwwwwwwww.  I'm horribly impatient.

Quote: Originally Posted by buhdderkupp /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I just want to receive it in the mail nowwwwwwwwwwwww.  I'm horribly impatient.
This is my first book riot box.  Anyone remember how long it took from billing to receiving box last time?

Quote: Originally Posted by utgal2004 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  This is my first book riot box.  Anyone remember how long it took from billing to receiving box last time?
A week? Week and a half? I always forget about it til it arrives because I never receive notification from Quarterly. This is the first time I ever received billing notification and I've ordered two quarterly boxes in the past.

UPS just notified me that they delivered a package today.

I wasn't expecting anything else, so I think this might be my Book Riot.

I am working late today and knowing there is this package at home waiting for me is going to make this Friday 

afternoon pass even slower (if that's possible).

Back