Indiespensable

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quote: Originally Posted by buhdderkupp /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I'm excited and want to get mine!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyone know what the book is about?
I am super excited! The book has been on lots of best off this year. That was one of my two guesses for the book...

Mine arrived today! I hadn't looked at the spoilers so I was surprised by everything. The book sounds really good--I'd actually never heard of it before! Looking forward to reading it. 

I love the Indiespensable extras this month, and the book looks interesting. 

The Bookriot clues were way too easy this month, and I definitely know what the book is, but I'm glad it's nothing I already have again.

Quote: Originally Posted by dousedingin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Less fab, especially following last months featured snack (so good) but wow, this book is amazing! The quality is fantastic, and I just realized from the note that it doesn't actually release until Dec 24th. That's pretty awesome if you ask me!
So, is it first editions they send out?

or a PREVIEW COPY? as in "not for resale" kind of thing.

I used to get a list every month from some publishers asking me what titles I'd like to preview- as I used to review a lot of books online.

Haven't asked for any titles lately, as I am still very behind on my reading...

Quote: Originally Posted by EmGee /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  So, is it first editions they send out?

or a PREVIEW COPY? as in "not for resale" kind of thing.

I used to get a list every month from some publishers asking me what titles I'd like to preview- as I used to review a lot of books online.

Haven't asked for any titles lately, as I am still very behind on my reading...
They're signed firsts. I think there are some months an ARC is included too as one of the extras. 

I totally forgot the brand of the popcorn, I scarfed it down so fast! Anyone remember? Or still have theirs?

I totally forgot the brand of the popcorn, I scarfed it down so fast! Anyone remember? Or still have theirs?
It's poplandia… They were all about "pop" this month. I love love the popbar sticks.

The popcorn was delicious.  It reminded me of something...Captain Crunch berries?  I can't figure it out!  And the chocolate mixed in was a tasty surprise.  I can't wait to try the popbar sticks.  I'm heading to the mountains this week and they will be going with me :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  I'll also take the book with me if I haven't finished it by then.  Are any of you ladies going to subscribe to Book Riot?  I'm obsessed with books and make-up (not to mention shoes). 

The popcorn was delicious.  It reminded me of something...Captain Crunch berries?  I can't figure it out!  And the chocolate mixed in was a tasty surprise.  I can't wait to try the popbar sticks.  I'm heading to the mountains this week and they will be going with me :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  I'll also take the book with me if I haven't finished it by then.  Are any of you ladies going to subscribe to Book Riot?  I'm obsessed with books and make-up (not to mention shoes). 
The popcorn was very good. Just wish it wasn't so pricey! I subscribed to book riot. Going to stick around for another package. The first was great so hoping they continue to be great, but I usually find the value lacking in Quarterly subs (not to mention they seem to delay all of their boxes). I used a couple coupons so my next will only be $30, so I'll have to evaluate my feelings as though I spent $50.

I wish the popcorn wasn't so expensive.  It was a nice treat to sample but I don't think I'll be repurchasing it.  They have coupons for Book Riot?  Would you mind sharing?  If I can try it for $30 I wouldn't feel quite as naughty since I'm already subscribing to several boxes. 

I wish the popcorn wasn't so expensive.  It was a nice treat to sample but I don't think I'll be repurchasing it.  They have coupons for Book Riot?  Would you mind sharing?  If I can try it for $30 I wouldn't feel quite as naughty since I'm already subscribing to several boxes. 
One of the coupons was for taking a survey, and the other was for buying a best of box. I don't know if the latter will work on accounts that haven't purchased but you can try. It was bestof2013

One of the coupons was for taking a survey, and the other was for buying a best of box. I don't know if the latter will work on accounts that haven't purchased but you can try. It was bestof2013
The code worked! Thank you. You are fabulous
g.gif

The code worked! Thank you. You are fabulous
g.gif

Yay! I'm glad it worked. I haven't had a box with the code ship yet, but I'm pretty sure it works on multiple curators. I was able to apply it to a few, and my account says I have credit on each. So I'm just waiting for one of them to ship to see if it continues to say credit on all of them.

Does anyone know when the Indiespensable site updates with what the next book will be? Right now it still lists Orfeo, which shipped at the end of last month. I have only been subscribed for the last two shipments so I haven't been around long enough to have an idea of when they announce the next book.

Does anyone know when the Indiespensable site updates with what the next book will be? Right now it still lists Orfeo, which shipped at the end of last month. I have only been subscribed for the last two shipments so I haven't been around long enough to have an idea of when they announce the next book.
I haven't quite figured it out because they loosely follow the "every 6 weeks" bit, but I feel like it usually updates about 3-4 weeks before the next shipment. So I feel like it may update within the next week.

I haven't quite figured it out because they loosely follow the "every 6 weeks" bit, but I feel like it usually updates about 3-4 weeks before the next shipment. So I feel like it may update within the next week.
Awesome, thanks! I'm so impatient! 

Quote: Originally Posted by betsye /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Awesome, thanks! I'm so impatient! 

iagree.gif
 I'm impatient too!  It seems like it takes forever for the book to be posted on the website and for the box to be mailed.  I just really look forward to knowing what the book will be and then getting the box and discovering the other items (and tasting them because there are always snacks).      

I feel so spited by the sub world today. I can't see my BB and I really want to see what's next for indiespensable. I also had to cancel the Nina Garcia box (kept my book related ones because BOOKS!!)… I'm saving for vacation but still I wanted it.

Quote: Originally Posted by s112095 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I love the Indiespensable extras this month, and the book looks interesting. 

The Bookriot clues were way too easy this month, and I definitely know what the book is, but I'm glad it's nothing I already have again.
Can you post what the book riot book is behind a spoiler? I couldn't figure it out... I mean, I didn't try that hard cause I'm at work, but...  I'm all for being spoiled if you don't mind spoiling it!

Back