Influenster Spring "Beauty VoxBox"

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is my first and still shocked that I got one - my badges weren't even that great -  no twitter/no blogging badges - I did a few reviews on products but not the 10 needed to qualify for the Examiner badge. 

I received my email last night and immediately filled out the survey. So so excited. This will be my first box!

Posting this in both forums. I asked to see if they have extra boxes (because I love free stuff :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> ) and they wrote me back. It looks like this is for people who haven't had a box this year:

Hi Michelle,

Thanks so much for checking in!  We were so excited to have you as a part of our Love VoxBox program and look forward to partnering in future programs, but this particular May Beauty VoxBox is reserved for members who have not yet received a box this year.  As you can imagine, we have thousands of members who are eager to be a part of our program and we want to give them an opportunity to get involved as well.  That being said, we have many programs in the pipeline (Mom Box in May, Summer Ready, etc) and will let you know when we open those up!

Thanks again for being such a great member!
All the best,
Influenster

See, they gave me a completely different answer:

Hi Victoria,We appreciate your activity and we are continuing to select members for this VoxBox. We will notify you if you are chosen.Thanks!

I just signed up with Influenster at the beginning of the year and I haven't gotten survey's or chosen for anything.  I've unlocked several badges, but I haven't been chosen.  Is there any way to be more active with them so you'll get chosen or is it just kind of a crap-shoot?  I'm super jealous of all those that have been chosen for the May box!

*Pouts* I'm new but I never got an email! 
eviltongue.gif

Apparently I'm getting a VoxBox in May too - just got the email a little bit ago. I put absolutely no effort into this sub (frankly I forgot about it after I unlocked most everything I could with minimal effort) so... whoo hoo? The survey was about foundation and concealer, that's a bit exciting.

What is this program again? lol...apparently I'm getting one of these boxes, too. I know for sure I haven't put any work into getting one. I'm excited though!

Good to know that you don't have to be "active" in their community or on their site to be chosen.  Thanks ladies!

Originally Posted by murflegirl /img/forum/go_quote.gif

See, they gave me a completely different answer:

Hi Victoria,We appreciate your activity and we are continuing to select members for this VoxBox. We will notify you if you are chosen.Thanks!
Sounds like mishtastic was disqualified from this box since she already received the Love box, and you might still be on a list of eligible people.  It's probably smart for them to wait to see how many people don't respond before sending out more invites.  The first round of invites happened yesterday.

I'm actually really happy to hear mishtastic's response though.  It definitely means that because I missed out on the Love box that I was able to get the Beauty Box, so now I won't be so sad in the future if I get skipped on a box.

Originally Posted by Dimepiece /img/forum/go_quote.gif

What is this program again? lol...apparently I'm getting one of these boxes, too. I know for sure I haven't put any work into getting one. I'm excited though!

It's kind of like a social media advertising program.  They send out a Box of free samples to thousands of people with the agreement that the ladies who receive these boxes will try them out, review them, and spread the word to their social media friends.

Having more badges helps to increase the chances of being invited to receive a box...and another theory is that having a very strong social media following helps to get you more invites, too.  But it also does seem that "internet nobodies" still commonly get chosen to try out boxes to, although it seems that most people have seen at least one VoxBox per year.

I almost forgot I had signed up for Voxbox till I got the email today!!

Woot woot!! I know I earned a couple of badges and I do twitter & facebook but other than that I had not done much. I think I joined just maybe a month or so ago. So not sure how they make their decisions but I am uber glad!

Woot Woot!! Just got my email! 
yay.gif
 I'm excited to try this I've seen reviews of the past boxes.

I am so excited, I just received my invitation. And I love that it is specifically a beauty box, the best kind they could send a MakeupTalker.

Also received my invite today! Can't wait. And I hope we get some great products to try out. Especially since I'm underwhelmed with my BB and Sample Society this month. Gives me something to look forward too.

Back