Influenster

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I got my Fekkai box on Saturday. It has a foil sample of olive oil shampoo and conditioner and a small sample bottle of olive oil glossing smoother. I tried the glossing smoother stuff and like it so far. A little disappointed that was all I get to try- would have LOVED to try the dry shampoo or blowout spray I saw on the facebook page. And I wish the shampoo/conditioner were more than a one time foil. Oh well!
My box came and had hair spray instead of glossing cream.

I qualified for the Vidal Sassoon box but I haven't received it yet.

I also apparently won something for the Vow Voxbox I did.  Three Sally Hansen Nail Polishes.  I liked the one I received in my box (although it needed a few coats, it stayed chip free forever) so I kind of can't wait to see what colors I get.

Hmmm just got an email that I'm getting a 'Moda VoxBox.' 

....anyone know what that means?

ETA: Just kidding, found the details on the website. Sounds perfect!

Cheat Sheet

Product              Facebook Twitter Handle Hashtag Rimmel London Scandaleyes Rockin'Curves Mascara Rimmel London @RimmelLondonUS #RockinIt, #Rimmel Rimmel London Moisture Renew Lipstick Rimmel London @RimmelLondonUS #MoistureRenew Rimmel London Moisture Renew Lip Liner Rimmel London @RimmelLondonUS #MoistureRenew Puffs SoftPack Puffs @Puffs #PassthePuffs Jergens Ultra Healing Extra Dry Skin Moisturizer Jergens @JergensUS #1WeekToGorgeous resource Natural Spring Water resource @resourcewater #refreshwithresource Hair Food Moisture Hair Mask — — #HairFood Swiss Miss Simply Cocoa Swiss Miss — #SwissMissSimplyCoc

Last edited by a moderator:
For the Vidal Sassoon badge, you're supposed to review something on the brand website and post a screenshot. I did it on Sunday, but my review hasn't been posted yet, even though people who did it later than me have had theirs posted. It looks like they are only posting 4 start reviews now. I think I gave it 3-4 stars. I really hope that's not the case - that I can only get credit for the activity if I lie/rave about the product. It's a fine conditioner, but it's not the BEST EVARRR or whatever. I guess I have to email Influenster to see what's up. Maybe it's just delayed. At least for the Amazon review they can't filter things like that.

Has anyone ever contacted influenster about anything? I can't find contact info in the help center, just a lot of FAQs. I want to ask about the tasks. They require me to post a review on the Vidal Sassoon website and send them a screenshot. But my review still hasn't been posted, like I said in my last post here. A bunch more recent 5 start reviews have been, though. So shady!

(I meant to write in my last post that they are only publishing 5 star reviews, not 4. Typo. Oops.)

no one got the modavox box?  I got mine the other day

modabox.png

I really like it! Lots of good items that I will use....

I just wanted to follow up to say that my review WAS posted on the Vidal Sassoon site - you just have to sort the reviews in order to see them all, otherwise only the 5 star ones show. So no real shadiness there. I also found a link at the bottom of the Influenster help center page to contact them, so that is possible (they just don't make it super obvious). Turns out I didn't need to do that, though!

Just got a pre-qual survey for the next voxbox. Not sure why i have to do this because I was supposed to auto-qualify for the fall beauty or the holiday box.

And the survey was just for haircare? Sigh.

Got a prequal survey! Mine was mainly about chocolate and baking for the holidays.  (Dear Influenster, please send me ALL the free chocolate!  YUM!)

I got a survey. It had one question about my hair (how long and texture). The rest were all demographic questions. I did the Shell badge a while ago and it had said that doing it would qualify me for a future box, so I'm guessing a hair product is in my future lol.

I bake! Influenster send me yummy baking stuff! @ I hope you get chosen, I want to hear what this magnificent chocolate/baking survey amounts to!

Does anyone have tips on submitting reviews on Influenster using mobile? My new phone is a Samsumg Galaxy, not the latest model, and I cannot find the button to actually submit my review. I can write the review in the little box and give the product however many stars, but there's no way to submit my review. I tried using my phone's option to request (force?) the desktop site, but that no longer works for the Influenster website, at least on my phone. Does anyone else have this problem and how do you get around it? I haven't been on Influenster in ages because it became incompatible with my last phone, but I want to start participating again.

Screenshot_2014-11-30-17-54-27.png

I received the Fekkai box ages ago, but didn't get around to doing reviews until the deadline was over.  With past boxes, I'd get a reminder email the week before it was over, but didn't this time.  Since I didn't do any reviews, does that mean I'm no long eligible to receive any other boxes.  If so, that sucks, since Influenster is the only site where I seem to qualify for samples to review.

Latest posts

Back