Ipsy April 2015 *Spoilers*

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm shocked that I am in love with the femina rollerball. I might actually purchase this. I never thought a perfume would be the stand out item in a bag for me.

I like the balm shadow.

I haven't tried the hair serum yet.

Not into glosses.

The mascara is cute but I have so much mascara! I also have my doubts it will be good quality.

I used my Hikari blush today and I LOVE it.  I love the color, and the pigmentation of it.  Just love, love, love.  I'm so glad that it was a full-sized product.  I'd take pictures of how pretty it is on me, but I have no more natural light today =(

I'll try to remember next time I wear it.  

I don't smell anything from mine either.  Really odd!  I'm glad mine doesn't smell, I don't care for patchouli. 
Funny I don't smell a thing from my cheek and lip tint, but I have a cold so it's must not be powerful enough to break through my stuffed up nose.
I must have a weird nose too, because mine smells like cocoa butter and blackberries.

I guess I don't hate my bag as much as I thought. I wanted the mullein and sparrow because I thought the package was cute, but got the boring olive lip balm. Now I think I lucked out. The lip balm flavor is oats and honey and smells like Honey Bunches of Oats cereal.
Same here! I was super bummed about receiving Olive Lips but when I saw it the packaging was cute and the scent/flavor was better than expected. I still would have preferred the melted but at least I scored something natural with nice ingredients.

But OMG how tiny is that The Balm eyeshadow. Super minuscule!

The Mullien & Sparrow actually looks pretty nice on. It's very sheer. But to me it tastes like dirt. Just really bad. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />. Too bad because I kind of like the look. I also got the Hitari blush. It's super pink. But it looks pretty good on. It will be pretty for spring/summer. I will give away the hair oil and eyeliner. Just a meh bag for me. Oh- the bag is super cute too!!

What's the deal with cancelling Ipsy?  I tried cancelling today and it stated I need to get an email and then confirm back.  It's not like they can continue to bill me because I used a one-time cc number.  But I did think I'd be nice and actually cancel so someone else could join.

It's been hours and no email to click back and cancel.

I used my Hikari blush today and I LOVE it.  I love the color, and the pigmentation of it.  Just love, love, love.  I'm so glad that it was a full-sized product.  I'd take pictures of how pretty it is on me, but I have no more natural light today =(

I'll try to remember next time I wear it.  
I love the Hikari blush too!  I wore it for the first four days after receiving it.  Great color for me and long lasting.  I never expected to like a Hikari product so much.

I'm really disappointed with the Lip & Cheek Tint this month. I was waiting for it and it was the first thing I had my hand on. The smell was ok for me, like chocolate covered blueberry maybe? But, really, no color at all. Now what should I do with it? It's not even as moisturizing as Vaseline :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Got my bag this morning! Late, and never got a tracking number, but it's here.

I seem to have lucked out, I got the Mullein & Sparrow and it's got a bit of a herbal scent/taste but nothing awful. I like the texture.

The Hikari blush is lovely and freaking enormous. It's very similar to the City Color melon blush I got from Ipsy eons ago and still have barely made a dent in XD I will never need to buy blush again at this rate.

Loved the actual bag! The balm eyeshadow in fit is incredibly tiny, I would've preferred Flirty because I always get this same shade from ipsy. The Pandora's blush might've been nice if it wasn't just a loose pan with no compact. Mine also appeared to have been swatched, with a fingerprint in it, which I did not like because I only use new cosmetics. Olive Lips smells gross, really bummed to get this. The micabeauty primer did have ugly air bubbles in it. The julieg nailpolish is the only nice thing I recieved and it was worth $3.99. Lol

I love ipsy, I adore the subscription but the contents of this bag are disappointing. I might send a feedback through ipsycare, I don't want anything but I'd like them to know. I also have real life friends and family that were put off by the stingy samples this month. I'm usually positive and I am still hopeful for next month. :x

image.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I really enjoyed this Ipsy Glam Bag! I'm also really digging the twine makeup bag itself. In particular I was very excited to have nail polish in my bag, the JulieG Damsel swatched very nicely. I did get a standard lotion (Lather) that was just okay. The Starlooks Lipgloss is really nice, I especially like it over a nude lipstick to give my lips some shine without feeling goopy. I don't have any other The Balm samples or products and I loved the Fit shadow, it is gorgeous coppery color! And finally the Mullein & Sparrow lip and cheek tint, was not my thing. It was greasy feeling with no color payoff -- but maybe that's kind of the point? A dewy look? Either way, overall I really enjoyed this bag quite a bit, keep'em coming Ipsy!

IMG_1339.JPG

Hey girls, don't know if anyone else noticed this, but apparently we can go back and re-review bags before the new site launch to get the extra five points. I've only been a member for six months so it didn't net me a whole lot of extra points, but an extra twenty five points per month you were subscribed is nothing to sniffle at.

Hey girls, don't know if anyone else noticed this, but apparently we can go back and re-review bags before the new site launch to get the extra five points. I've only been a member for six months so it didn't net me a whole lot of extra points, but an extra twenty five points per month you were subscribed is nothing to sniffle at.
I was able to review all my old bags - but it only gave me credit for December 2014 - February 2015 - but 75 extra points are nice :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
I contacted IpsyCare about my missing points - I will post their reply.

I was able to review all my old bags - but it only gave me credit for December 2014 - February 2015 - but 75 extra points are nice :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I contacted IpsyCare about my missing points - I will post their reply.
Please do! I got the points from october (my first bag) onward, by it took a few hours for all of the new points to show.

Please do! I got the points from october (my first bag) onward, by it took a few hours for all of the new points to show.
Here is the reply, I received:
"Thanks for your message! I'd be happy to clarify.

Your product reviews are available for up to 4 months after you receive your Glam Bag. It's been at least 4 months since you received your other Glam Bags, so it's no longer possible to submit your product reviews for Points.

I completely understand if you weren't aware of this, so I'd be happy to credit your account with the Points for the Glam Bags product reviews you weren't able to complete.

In the future, please just keep the 4 month time frame in mind and complete your product reviews soon after you receive your monthly Glam Bag goodies."

Very pleased with their CS :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I'm so bummed that I missed out on the Nude Dude Ipsyme today:(

I love the Flirty shade that came in my bag and $20 was a great deal, sigh*

I've decided may is my last ipsy bag. Im a little sad to see it go but I am decluttering and saving money. My lifestyle changes are demanding I let go of most subscriptions and ipsy isn't making the cut.

Back