Ipsy April 2015 *Spoilers*

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got my bag yesterday.

The Elizabeth Arden lipstick is so lovely.  The packaging is beautiful and the color is great.  Its funny a previous poster said it reads pink because my husband thought it was pink lipstick, not red.  But its really pretty and smooth.

I did NOT like the mullen and sparrow tint.  I swatched it on my hand and the patchouli scent...no.  I don't know why you would put patchouli in something that can go on the lips.

The Pandora blush is pretty and smooth and well pigmented.  I just wish the packaging was better (I don't have a Z-palette to put it in, so its a bit awkward).

I'm testing the mica primer today.  If it works on my super oily eyes, great.  If not, its getting passed on to someone else.

The Balm Fit shadow is pretty.  I would have liked flirty more I think, but I like it.  I'm actually mad that I bought Nude Tude because I don't like it much, and looking at Nude Dude, I'll probably love that one.

I got my bag yesterday.

The Elizabeth Arden lipstick is so lovely. The packaging is beautiful and the color is great. Its funny a previous poster said it reads pink because my husband thought it was pink lipstick, not red. But its really pretty and smooth.

I did NOT like the mullen and sparrow tint. I swatched it on my hand and the patchouli scent...no. I don't know why you would put patchouli in something that can go on the lips.

The Pandora blush is pretty and smooth and well pigmented. I just wish the packaging was better (I don't have a Z-palette to put it in, so its a bit awkward).

I'm testing the mica primer today. If it works on my super oily eyes, great. If not, its getting passed on to someone else.

The Balm Fit shadow is pretty. I would have liked flirty more I think, but I like it. I'm actually mad that I bought Nude Tude because I don't like it much, and looking at Nude Dude, I'll probably love that one.
I'm glad I'm not the only one who saw the Elizabeth Arden as pinky. I agree with you though, it is so silky and nice to wear.

I received both of my bags yesterday. My one bag had the KCO Lipstick. I opened it to check out the color and it was broken in 3 pieces. My other bag had MicaBeauty eye primer and there was mold in it and my Mullein & Sparrow had a horrible rancid smell to it. I emailed them and have yet to hear anything back

Maybe I'm confused but I don't see how this bag is different than most. Wasn't it supposed to be a clutch? 
Now that you mention it, I do remember some spoiler bit about a clutch.  Weird!  

It's still a really cute bag though.  

I emailed and asked them, and got a reply already.  (They're very quick and nice at the company, I must say!)  Yep - the two are the same.  Strange, since they have such a wide line of products in Hello.

Bummer.  Hello SO clashes with my chemistry.  =(
Thanks for confirming this. I put it on after I got my bag yesterday, and immediately thought, "This smells exactly like Hello". Bummer. I already have a rollerball of Hello.

I received both of my bags yesterday. My one bag had the KCO Lipstick. I opened it to check out the color and it was broken in 3 pieces. My other bag had MicaBeauty eye primer and there was mold in it and my Mullein & Sparrow had a horrible rancid smell to it. I emailed them and have yet to hear anything back
So I got a response about the mica and mullein and sparrow on facebook.Allegedly the primer was tested for microbes before leaving the factory and being sent to ipsy and was fine?

And the cheek and lip tint has some kind of root in it that apparently can affect texture? Which is why some people are finding black grittiness?

Both answers sound kinda iffy to me.

I'll be getting:

Julie G nail polish:  Color is okay so it will be used.

KCO lipstick:  So the company has 60 colors and Ipsy picks Natural Born Beauty and decides to send it to this pale girl who looks like a CSI morgue scene extra when wearing nude lips.  Ugh.

The Balm:  I think either color will be nice.  But I really need to start using up eyeshadow.  I have the Chocolate Bar from Too Faced and it is hardly dented.

Crown Concealer Brush:  I'm sure it's nice.  I'm sure some will love it.  I'm sure I told Ipsy tools are NOT for me.  Sigh.

Mullein & Sparrow:  Could be interesting. 

So, sort of a meh bag for me. 
Okay....so, yes, I'm quoting myself....

I was all set to use my points on something and give Ipsy a rest for a bit.  Darned if I didn't get all excited when my pink package showed up....I have a problem!

I decided to go ahead and try the KCO and actually think the color is pretty nice.  It is a bit matte, but I can cure that with a bit of gloss.

I really won't use the brush.  I was hoping I could use it for something else, but it is too hard for eye shadow and too small for foundation.  I'll be finding a new home for that.

I got Flirty in the Balm so that worked out well.

I guess I'm not sure about the Mullein & Sparrow.  Mine doesn't seem to have any tint once I use it.  And, it does have an odd smell......I don't think it has gone bad, but I think another scent might have been better.  I will just use this as a lip balm.  The tin is super cute though.

I've read on my swap group on facebook that they found mold in 1) Mica Eye Primer 2) Lip & Cheek Tint.

Please take a look at your items before you use it. I haven't got mine yet and I'm suppose to get both in my bag. I was really looking forward to them but now I'm scared to use it. I don't want to take a risk putting bad items on my eyelids/lips.
I knew your name seemed familiar to me. Looks like we are in the same group!

The mold speculation got so big Ipsy had to email us about it. Really?

That's a little silly, when I opened my eye base last night it appeared like air bubbles to me. How that becomes mold I'll never know. Come to think of it, I've never seen mold grown on any cosmetics before. I'm too afraid to google it.

The mold speculation got so big Ipsy had to email us about it. Really?

That's a little silly, when I opened my eye base last night it appeared like air bubbles to me. How that becomes mold I'll never know. Come to think of it, I've never seen mold grown on any cosmetics before. I'm too afraid to google it.
I will say I saw a spot on mine that was blueish green and I wondered if it was mold or if something got into it.  I didn't think much of it until I saw all of the posts about it.

The primer doesn't work well anyway, so meh.

I finally got a response to my email and it was the longest generic email from ipsy I have ever received.

I'll accept their response about the Mica, but I still will not use the product.  Mine had multiple "air bubbles" that were green/black and did not look that great or like anything that I would put anywhere close to my face.

I also got the Mullein & Sparrow stain and it smells horrible, almost rancid.  Their response to that bit was that because it's an all natural product it will have a smell like that.  I call BS since most of the products I use are all natural and none of them smell like my dog took a twosie in it

This has not been my month for subscriptions....

I also received my other ipsy bag and it had a broken KCO lip stick.  They are sending out a replacement.  They said that they still had the lipstick available so I will receive the same product

I finally got a response to my email and it was the longest generic email from ipsy I have ever received.

I'll accept their response about the Mica, but I still will not use the product. Mine had multiple "air bubbles" that were green/black and did not look that great or like anything that I would put anywhere close to my face.

I also got the Mullein & Sparrow stain and it smells horrible, almost rancid. Their response to that bit was that because it's an all natural product it will have a smell like that. I call BS since most of the products I use are all natural and none of them smell like my dog took a twosie in it

I also received my other ipsy bag and it had a broken KCO lip stick. They are sending out a replacement. They said that they still had the lipstick available so I will receive the same product
Do you like patchouli? Because I think patchouli stinks like mold anyway, when I meet women wearing it I have to stand a wide berth away or it will make me nauseous.

I gave the top of my "tint" a good stir with my finger and because it was the closest balm to my person, and I had a sleeping toddler on my arm I put some on my mouth. The patchouli smell and taste nearly made me hurl.

Which is such a shame because I was kinda excited for it.

Unfortunately my husband wont come near me because he has an even more violent gag reflex to patchouli than me.

I'll accept their response about the Mica, but I still will not use the product. Mine had multiple "air bubbles" that were green/black and did not look that great or like anything that I would put anywhere close to my face.

I also got the Mullein & Sparrow stain and it smells horrible, almost rancid. Their response to that bit was that because it's an all natural product it will have a smell like that. I call BS since most of the products I use are all natural and none of them smell like my dog took a twosie in it

I also received my other ipsy bag and it had a broken KCO lip stick. They are sending out a replacement. They said that they still had the lipstick available so I will receive the same product
I also received a response to my email regarding the MICA primer - they quickly responded and are kindly sending me a replacement item in 5 - 7 business days :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Yup, I think the problem with the mullein and sparrow is the patchouli.  I truly do not know why they would put patchouli in something advertised to go on your lips.  I don't totally hate the scent, but its not right for a lip product.

Funny I don't smell a thing from my cheek and lip tint, but I have a cold so it's must not be powerful enough to break through my stuffed up nose.

I guess I don't hate my bag as much as I thought. I wanted the mullein and sparrow because I thought the package was cute, but got the boring olive lip balm. Now I think I lucked out. The lip balm flavor is oats and honey and smells like Honey Bunches of Oats cereal. 

Funny I don't smell a thing from my cheek and lip tint, but I have a cold so it's must not be powerful enough to break through my stuffed up nose.
I don't smell anything from mine either.  Really odd!  I'm glad mine doesn't smell, I don't care for patchouli. 

Have any other Canadian members not received their bags or shipping notices yet? Usually I've got my bag by now, but I haven't even got an email about shipping so far this month...

Back