Ipsy April 2015 *Spoilers*

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It IS odd, Hello is by far their most popular fragrance. Rebranding seems unnecessary.

Sorry I kinda put a damper on your bag, though ;A;

Just figured the value of my April bag: $50 :D image.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
It IS odd, Hello is by far their most popular fragrance. Rebranding seems unnecessary.

Eh - no worries.  I rarely hang my hopes on the perfume in a box, because scents tend to turn weird on me.  =)  I'm still excited for the rest!

I vaguely remember last year there was some drama within the company about ownership, so maybe this has something to do with that.

I'll be getting:

Julie G nail polish:  Color is okay so it will be used.

KCO lipstick:  So the company has 60 colors and Ipsy picks Natural Born Beauty and decides to send it to this pale girl who looks like a CSI morgue scene extra when wearing nude lips.  Ugh.

The Balm:  I think either color will be nice.  But I really need to start using up eyeshadow.  I have the Chocolate Bar from Too Faced and it is hardly dented.

Crown Concealer Brush:  I'm sure it's nice.  I'm sure some will love it.  I'm sure I told Ipsy tools are NOT for me.  Sigh.

Mullein & Sparrow:  Could be interesting. 

So, sort of a meh bag for me. 

I'm a little annoyed that I'm getting blush, lipstick, and cheek/lip tint in the same bag but at least they look promising. I've gotten blush and eyeshadow 3 months in a row, but my bags have gotten better since I cleared my whole quiz.

I'm a little annoyed that I'm getting blush, lipstick, and cheek/lip tint in the same bag but at least they look promising. I've gotten blush and eyeshadow 3 months in a row, but my bags have gotten better since I cleared my whole quiz.
My sister cleared hers too and she ended up with the illusive Melted lipstick this month.

Slightly off topic, but how hard is it to subscribe to Ipsy again if you cancel your account? 

I just looked back over my 1 year's worth of bags and while I have enjoyed getting the monthly mailings, I haven't been overly wowed each month.   I find that I am liking Birchbox better (althought that is probably because of the points).

I am thinking of taking a break from Ipsy, but want to be able to easily sign back up (you know, without the waitlist, the Facebook thing, etc.)

I'm so disappointed.

Theorie hair serum

Balm shadow

Star looks gloss

Essence mascara

Femina perfume.

I forgot to take perfume off after the Demeter I wanted. I rarely like perfume. Huge bummer. I have too much mascara. I don't wear gloss often and have too much. I really wanted the Arden lipstick. I hope the serum isn't oil. Maybe the hair serum and shadow will save this bag but I doubt it.

Slightly off topic, but how hard is it to subscribe to Ipsy again if you cancel your account? 

I just looked back over my 1 year's worth of bags and while I have enjoyed getting the monthly mailings, I haven't been overly wowed each month.   I find that I am liking Birchbox better (althought that is probably because of the points).

I am thinking of taking a break from Ipsy, but want to be able to easily sign back up (you know, without the waitlist, the Facebook thing, etc.)
They will most likely send you emails begging you to come back without having to sit on the waiting list. There has been a mass exodus with Birchbox going to Canada and more subs coming out. They send spoilers trying to temp you to return like "all Ipsters will get one of these eye shadows from The Balm."

I feel like Ipsy is more for teens and tweens. Only a few people ever get the super pricey items. I have a yearly BB sub and also get 3B. The latter is $12 but everyone gets the same bag and it's never drug or dollar store quality. 

They will most likely send you emails begging you to come back without having to sit on the waiting list. There has been a mass exodus with Birchbox going to Canada and more subs coming out. They send spoilers trying to temp you to return like "all Ipsters will get one of these eye shadows from The Balm."

I feel like Ipsy is more for teens and tweens. Only a few people ever get the super pricey items. I have a yearly BB sub and also get 3B. The latter is $12 but everyone gets the same bag and it's never drug or dollar store quality.
I feel like its very narrow minded of you to assume only teens or tweens would be interested in drugstore brands of makeup. I'm 24 and while I have loved the high end samples I have gotten from ipsy (and I generally get at least one every other month)I prefer the more inexpensive items I get because I know I will never buy the expensive items for myself.

I think a fair number of the brands featured in 3B actually are considered the equivalent of drug store quality in Korea, it's just brands that are less well known outside of Asia.

The mullein & sparrow lip tint smells foul... something's definitely off 

Well, I'm finally cancelling my subscription. For me, the last 5 or so bags have been underwhelming to sometimes just plain awful. I think I used to be afraid of what I would miss out on if I cancelled, but I realized that I've been missing out every month on products that I would've liked to receive but didn't get in my bag, no matter how many times I retook the quiz.

But they sure don't make it easy to cancel. I've gone through their ridiculous multi-step cancellation process several times now but can't get a confirmation email. I just sent an email to customer service, so hopefully this will all be resolved soon. I'm just glad I didn't procrastinate and try to do this towards the end of the month, because I surely would've been charged for another bag.

I think I'm done venting now. *Sigh*.

ETA: That was fast! They got back to me and cancelled my subscription while I was writing this post. I'm actually kind of impressed. I mean, it's after 5 P.M. on a Saturday. I wasn't expecting to get a response until Monday at the earliest.

Just found out that I'm getting the balm eye shadow in the shade Fit. I've been subscribed for 5 months and I've already received 4 shadows in that same color. OMG

Latest posts

Back