Ipsy April 2015 *Spoilers*

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well it looks like the cheat was accurate. I am a little bummed ny first polish is a topcoat not a color, and that I'm getting a concealer brush but not concealed I could try it with, but overall I am happy.

I'm getting the same items, I really like the April bag!! It looks like it is going to be a material weave bag, not a plastic one.
image.jpg
image.jpg
Yes it does look nice! I'm excited about that too! Ipsy has been steppin' their game up the last few months! =]

Bag 1: 

Julie G (boo)

Hey Honey (yay, but don't want two)

Starlooks lip gloss (again don't want two)

theBalm (most excited about the discount code)

Aromachology (yay!)

Bag 2:

Julie G 

Hey Honey 

Starlooks lip gloss

theBalm 

Mullein and Sparrow Tint (so excited!)

I've been getting two bags for several months now and this is the first time that there is significant overlap.  Pretty bummed about that.  

I opened my sisters glam bag before my own and didn't check the account. I got myself all excited and was totally disappointed when I realized it was hers. I didn't get a bad bag, the value is definitely there but I got the dry shampoo and I will use it but I really wanted that natural tinted lip and cheek balm that my sister received!

11hgv0y.jpg

My Beautifully Bohemian glam bag.

Mica - I like eye primer so this should be good

Pandora's - This blush caught my eye in the sneak peeks, makes the bag for me.

JulieG - I like nail polish, love hot pink shades, and I saw that Kathleen Lights raved about this polish; so good!

The balm - I like eyeshadow and I really hope to receive the flirty shade as purple looks much better on my skin tone.

Olive Lips - so incredibly boring, I read another ipsters saying how great it is but let's face it -its an olive Chapstick.

Bag design - it's different, can't wait to see it IRL.

I'm getting:

-JulieG nail polish: Meh, don't like hot pink polish, but I did want a polish so this will probably end up being used eventually.

-Starlooks lip gloss: Really?! All the pretty lipsticks and I get a lip gloss? -.- I hate lip gloss.

-TheBalm eyedshadow: Yay!

-Lather face lotion: Not exciting, but I can always use more face lotion.

-Aromachology perfume. Love getting perfume so I'm super excited about this.

Overall really only excited about the eyeshadow and perfume, but I will end up using everything (even the lipgloss.) I wish I would have gotten a lipstick instead though.

I'm pretty happy with my bag this month, I'm getting:

Pandora's Makeup Box-pink carnation blush  (yay, I'm intrigued)

The Balm eyeshadow (yay!)

MicaBeauty eye primer  (yay)

Mullein & Sparrow tint (again, intrigued)

Elizabeth Arden lipstick (yay, especially that we know the color now!)

so, pretty impressed with my bag overall, glad I am getting all makeup for once.  I only have a little bit of bag envy, over the Too Faced (that apparently noone is getting), the dry shampoo and the perfume, because in my year and a half with ipsy, they've never given me a perfume.

Don't know if this applies here, but I got my Milani Ipsy Offer today, and I am so excited for it. Especially because the lipstick is darker in person than in photo, and the rose blush is almost to pretty to use. Almost.

WP_20150406_20_45_19_Pro.jpg
I have two if the rose blushes & what's super cool about the pattern is that it is so dimensional that it lasts for a REALLY long time (unlike most embossing a that are nowhere to be seen after 2-3 uses).

Even aside from how pretty it is, I really enjoy them as blushes. I love the Milani lipsticks too...both the originals & the new mattes. which type/ shade did you get?

Enjoy your goodies!

Just a quick FYI for anyone who hasn't used it:

The Julie G nail polish formula is GREAT. Definitely one of my 2-3 faves. I don't have every shade but have quite a few - crenels, shimmers, glitters, & textures - & love them all.

Also - not sure if the top coat that has been mentioned is Julie G or something else, but her top coat is also one of my faves. Up there for me w/ Seche Vite & in some ways better b/c it doesn't have the shrinkage issue of SV & isn't as toxic. I bought two bottles the last time it was on sale @ Rite Aid.

P.S. My bag - which should be early access?! - still isn't showing up:(

I can't even see mine yet. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Are you supposed to have early access?

I am & can't see mine either:(

My payment went through on the 3rd (as that was the first thing I checked).

Not a huge deal but annoying especially b/c there are lots of items I'm seeing that I'd actually be happy to receive.

Also it annoys me that they have SO many Facebook share incentives to begin with so to give into that & then not reap the benefit annoys me all the more, ya know? It's not the first time it's happened either.

Ah well. Like I said on a post yesterday, if this were the biggest problem in my life I would be in great shape!

Are you supposed to have early access?

I am & can't see mine either:(

My payment went through on the 3rd (as that was the first thing I checked).

Not a huge deal but annoying especially b/c there are lots of items I'm seeing that I'd actually be happy to receive.

Also it annoys me that they have SO many Facebook share incentives to begin with so to give into that & then not reap the benefit annoys me all the more, ya know? It's not the first time it's happened either.

Ah well. Like I said on a post yesterday, if this were the biggest problem in my life I would be in great shape!
I'm not really too sure!  I usually do get early access, it pops up when I visit the Ipsy homepage.  Yeah, not a huge deal, I'd just like to see! 

I have two if the rose blushes & what's super cool about the pattern is that it is so dimensional that it lasts for a REALLY long time (unlike most embossing a that are nowhere to be seen after 2-3 uses).

Even aside from how pretty it is, I really enjoy them as blushes. I love the Milani lipsticks too...both the originals & the new mattes. which type/ shade did you get?

Enjoy your goodies!
It's a matte in confident. The color has stayed vibrant through my whole work day with just one light application. Even after coffee and lunch I didn't need to reapply, and the amount of transfer is very minimal.

It's a matte in confident. The color has stayed vibrant through my whole work day with just one light application. Even after coffee and lunch I didn't need to reapply, and the amount of transfer is very minimal.
Awesome- that's definitely one of my two faves, though I can't find it at the moment so am hoping it didn't fall out of a pocket or bag when I was somewhere other than in my own apartment. If I see Milani on sale before I find it I may just buy another as it's definitely one I like enough to eventually use up & wouldn't mind keeping one in my bag or car (when not summer meltable weather) & still have one w/ my makeup. Plus I'm certain that the best way to find the lost one is to purchase another!

And yes I've had good wear time also, though not quite as good as you in re: to beverages (but nothing to complain about).

Enjoy!

Hey Honey Good Morning - Honey Silk Facial Serum
Hikari Cosmetics Blush
theBalm Cosmetics NUDE Dude Eyeshadow Single
Starlooks Satin Finish Lip Gloss
and
Jo'rel Parker Femina perfume

I'm pretty pleased with my bag.  Not a huge fan of gloss.  I would much rather have had one of the lipsticks.  But I'm sure in the future the sample gods will bring me more lipstick than I can ever wear.  =)

Is it just me, or is the Jo'rel Parker Femina perfume just a rebranding of Harvey Prince Hello? The website takes you to Harvey Prince and the description is basically a cut n' paste of the Hello product description.

Is it just me, or is the Jo'rel Parker Femina perfume just a rebranding of Harvey Prince Hello? The website takes you to Harvey Prince and the description is basically a cut n' paste of the Hello product description.
Oh, gosh, I hope not!  I don't like Hello!

Last edited by a moderator:
I emailed and asked them, and got a reply already.  (They're very quick and nice at the company, I must say!)  Yep - the two are the same.  Strange, since they have such a wide line of products in Hello.

Bummer.  Hello SO clashes with my chemistry.  =(

Latest posts

Back