Ipsy April 2015 *Spoilers*

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My sister got the Melted and she has been with Ipsy almost a year. She has nothing marked on her quiz, which may be a factor.
Nothing at all?

I changed my quiz to only 2 items on each category (no stylists, semi-adventurous, and semi-comfortable with makeup) 2 months ago - hasn't really helped :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I bet giving a lot of new subscribers a really high end item (compared to other brands featured this month) was a way of enticing them to stay or maybe even get referrals.

I remember when I first signed up 3 years ago almost everything in my bag was full size or high end. Now we get crap like that Starlooks gloss almost every month.

Sorry, I know some people like it but I found it to be very cheap and it's been featured forever now.

I'll be getting:

Julie G nail polish:  Color is okay so it will be used.

KCO lipstick:  So the company has 60 colors and Ipsy picks Natural Born Beauty and decides to send it to this pale girl who looks like a CSI morgue scene extra when wearing nude lips.  Ugh.

The Balm:  I think either color will be nice.  But I really need to start using up eyeshadow.  I have the Chocolate Bar from Too Faced and it is hardly dented.

Crown Concealer Brush:  I'm sure it's nice.  I'm sure some will love it.  I'm sure I told Ipsy tools are NOT for me.  Sigh.

Mullein & Sparrow:  Could be interesting. 

So, sort of a meh bag for me. 
This has been my overall experience with subs..they see fair and immediately think I want the palest cool-toned shade available. Because there is nothing hotter than a ghost-white green-eyed redhead in light blue pinks, <_<

Nothing at all?

I changed my quiz to only 2 items on each category (no stylists, semi-adventurous, and semi-comfortable with makeup) 2 months ago - hasn't really helped :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
She doesn't have anything marked at all. She got Klorane and Too Faced which are both high end products.

I still havent seen my bag on insta. I think i'm the only person ipsy screwed with two lip products.

New 500 point item up!  It's the tarte deluxe double detox Amazonian clay exfoliating facial mask.

I cashed in some points.  I'm very excited to try this out!

Very happy with the value of my bag!

The Hikari blush is huge, I will definitely have use for the Mullein and Sparrow lip tint, face lotion, and Mica eye primer and the Balm eyeshadow is such a pretty color. I am excited because besides the Balm, I haven't tried any of these brands before.

I loved my bag this month, best I've gotten in a year by far. I got the Hikari blush (now that's full size), the Balm shadow (tiny but cute packaging as with all of their products), the hot pink polish, a Crown shadow brush and the Klorane dry shampoo. I wasn't expecting to like the bag as much as I do since I'm not really into the boho-chic look in general but it turned out to be one of my all time faves. I had recently been getting a lot of lip glosses and balms, which I really don't care for at all (sending lip gloss to me is a cheap cop out subs use so they can claim they sent a "full size" item and/or because they're cheap). The product selection had started looking pretty redundant too with too many holdovers from last months. I'm happy to see some fresh new products find their way into my bag for a change!

I still havent seen my bag on insta. I think i'm the only person ipsy screwed with two lip products.
I'm not getting even one lippie & would love to be getting two! Also bummed I'm not receiving a blush:(

My bag isn't horrible but w/ all the great lip & cheek product options I'm definitely disappointed to be getting zero of either. I didn't think a lippie or blush was too much to expect/ wish for but apparently it was. And to top that off I'm getting THREE lotions/ creams in my birchbox! Really?!

I'm getting:

Mally Eyeliner - my bag's saving grace as I've been wanting to try this. Fingers crossed it's as good as I've heard, ESP for the waterline.

Julie G polish - I love the brand but need another standard colored pink polish like a hole in the head

Aromachology perfume - I'm not into floral scents so I'll give it a sniff but it's not likely to be a winner for me

Theorie Argan Oil Hair Serum - my bathroom is overflowing w/ hair products I will never be able to get through; I have short hair & use very little product so I really am not thrilled to be getting yet another similar hair item. Ugh.

Balm shadow - not earth shatteringly thrilling, esp since I'll likely get the palette it's from on Hautelook eventually, but okay as I'll make use of either color

Alright - bag just arrived so here are some snap judgements:

theBalm eyeshadow - I got Fit :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Ipsy, please! No more copper/beige/tan shadows for the love of all that's holy! I never wear them and I have a lifetime supply for someone else!  That said, nice formula when I swatched it.  My sister will like it.

JulieG nail colour - nice enough but not an exciting shade for me (especially after this month's SquareHue offered some really nice springy shades)

Hey Honey serum - seems interesting. . . looking forward to give this a try

Starlooks lip gloss - what a waste of time! This is a) tiny, b ) not a shade a like, c) kind of sticky and d) I guess the shade doesn't matter that much b/c there's virtually no colour pay-off, just kind of shimmery

Aromachology perfume - this I like! And it's a decent size too (I was expecting a little sample)

I also like the bag even though I didn't think I would.

All told, 1 like, 2 we'll sees and 2 absolute disappointments. . . not my fave month :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Last edited by a moderator:
Got my bag today and it's a winner!

The bag itself is cute and a decent quality.

I got the Balm shadow in Flirty and it's so pretty! It's a copperish purple that makes my brown eyes pop. My first the Balm product and it didn't disappoint :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

The Pandora blush is gorgeous! It's a warm pink that will look great for spring/summer and it's highly pigmented. A little goes a long way.

The concealer brush is nice too, always happy for tools and brushes.

I got the Olive lip balm in Oats and Honey. It feels great on my lips and will get used up.

The Julie G nail polish is bright pink. It looks good with my skin tone but it's just not a shade I see myself reaching for often. I painted my nails with it today and will see how long it lasts before I decide if I like the formula.

Got my bag today, a whole day earlier than my estimated delivery date.

Holy cow the balm shadow is so tiny, I mean like seriously at first I thought it was missing. I haven't swatched it yet (confession I'm writing this on my way home from work) but the color looks nice and I am glad it isn't bigger because I have several similar shades.

The mullein & sparrow tint goes on sooooo much paler than I thought it would in the tin. I saw a few people say it smelled off to them, and I think I know why. In the tin it has a pretty noticeable patchouli smell. Once its on it isn't as strong, but as that is one of my least favorite scents I don't know that I will use it a lot.

The Elizabeth Arden lipstick packaging is so freaking pretty. I swatched it on my hand and the color looks nice, although after rubbing it off a bit it was very pink, so I don't know how much I will wear it. Gonna have to give it an honest go tomorrow and see what its staying power is.

Still not super excited about the julieG matte top coat, but my polish was wearing out anyway so I'll try it out tonight.

And the crown brush is as soft and nice feeling as the last one I got.

Overall I'm pretty happy with my bag. There are things I would have rather tried but sometimes ipsy surprises me and knows me better than I do.

I've read on my swap group on facebook that they found mold in 1) Mica Eye Primer 2) Lip & Cheek Tint.

Please take a look at your items before you use it. I haven't got mine yet and I'm suppose to get both in my bag. I was really looking forward to them but now I'm scared to use it. I don't want to take a risk putting bad items on my eyelids/lips.

Latest posts

Back