Ipsy February 2016 *Spoiler*

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is my first bag and I have chosen not to peak into my glam room. Does this mean there is a chance I could be a lucky subscriber?
Yes, good luck! Someone on here should get one in their bag, I'd love to see swatches of it. 

Woohoo! Ended up getting the red nail polish I wanted and the Mr. Write pencil in Scott, which is the one I originally wanted.

2r6o5mo.jpg

Pretty happy with it. I'll probably end up giving the hand cream to my mom though.

Not too happy with my bag :(

I don't use regular nail polish, gel only, and I've gotten both Trust Fund polishes in the past few months along with a few others. I really wish I'd gotten the Naked pigments, the swatches are gorgeous!

Capture.PNG

I really like the Chella lip crayon. The color is sort of a fruit punch. That's the best way u can think to describe it. This is the first lip product they have sent in a color I like.

I think my bag was mostly a miss this time. The enhancing eye pencil is very hard. It doesn't glide like I like my pencils to do. The lip gloss, just, no. I can't stand 99% of glosses. I still have yet to try the face wash, but if it's exfoliating, it can be my morning wash until it runs out or kills my skin. I was wrong about the loumanizer, I have a different one from birchbox. The packaging is cute, but I never find myself reaching for the little shadow/face products as much. BUT. I LOVE the Luxie brush. It's my second one in the rose gold collection from Ipsy. Maybe eventually I'll have the whole set!

I think my bag was mostly a miss this time. The enhancing eye pencil is very hard. It doesn't glide like I like my pencils to do. The lip gloss, just, no. I can't stand 99% of glosses. I still have yet to try the face wash, but if it's exfoliating, it can be my morning wash until it runs out or kills my skin. I was wrong about the loumanizer, I have a different one from birchbox. The packaging is cute, but I never find myself reaching for the little shadow/face products as much. BUT. I LOVE the Luxie brush. It's my second one in the rose gold collection from Ipsy. Maybe eventually I'll have the whole set!
I agree with you on the Paula Dorf eye pencil. I was looking forward to it because I adore nude eye pencils but on mine the wood stuck up past the product. I had to try and chip the wood off and then resharpen it. However it resharpened the same way every time despite trying different sharpeners. Now I'm left with this short little stubby pencil. I also have the problem with it not gliding. This is one of the first Ipsy products I would deem completely useless. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree with you on the Paula Dorf eye pencil. I was looking forward to it because I adore nude eye pencils but on mine the wood stuck up past the product. I had to try and chip the wood off and then resharpen it. However it resharpened the same way every time despite trying different sharpeners. Now I'm left with this short little stubby pencil. I also have the problem with it not gliding. This is one of the first Ipsy products I would deem completely useless. 
I didn't have the problem with the sharpening! That really just makes it worse for you, maybe email them and tell them you're disappointed? I can see MAYBE using the pencil on the cupids bow, but it's not going anywhere near my eyes with how hard the pencil is. I could basically use it as a colored pencil. 

I have the PD pencil from an old QVC box and it's gotten softer over time with use. I think I needed actually get past some of the hardness of it and I use it pretty regularly now.  I got one in my bag this month but I have it up for swap, it's not something I will use after my current pencil runs out. I find that it wears away too quickly when on my water line and it's too hard to use on my cupid's bow, plus I constantly use lip balm and gloss and it would just disappear right away.

I just got my bag and it's one of my favorites in almost two years that I've had Ipsy. The pink gel top coat is fantastic! My nails looked like crap from the dry weather and probably all of the nail polish I'd been wearing. This product made my nails look so healthy and pretty. Hopefully it lasts longer than a few days and improves nail condition over time.

I got the PD pencil too and I actually like it. I warmed it up a little and applied to my water line. I found the shade more subtle than a white pencil and think it makes my eyes look more naturally brighter. I haven't tried it for my lips and wouldn't know what to do with it anyway.

I'm all for face oils and I love Smashbox so the primer oil will get used. I'll try it tomorrow.

The leave in conditioner seems ok, nothing special but I'll try it out.

My only bust is the Jo'rel Parker roller ball but my sister loves it so I'll send it to her.

I finally got my bag delivered.  The Heavy Cream hand lotion was surprisingly thick.  My Ciate was the pink one I wanted.  I even like the bag itself this time. 

I got the pink gel coat and it peeled after one load of dishes :/ but I just reapplied it, it makes my short nails so pretty and glossy so I'm happy with it. I finally got a bag with no haircare or facial products so I wish Ipsy would send me more bags like this.

I got the pink gel coat and it peeled after one load of dishes :/ but I just reapplied it, it makes my short nails so pretty and glossy so I'm happy with it. I finally got a bag with no haircare or facial products so I wish Ipsy would send me more bags like this.
I feel the same. My bag consisted of all makeup, a tool and a nail polish. Loved it! Wish they were all like this.

So the Smashbox primer oil was the one thing I wasn't excited to get...and then I tried it. Ahhhhmazing! I'm so happy I got it. Perfect for my winter skin. I'm already planning on getting a full size when the sample is finished.

So the Smashbox primer oil was the one thing I wasn't excited to get...and then I tried it. Ahhhhmazing! I'm so happy I got it. Perfect for my winter skin. I'm already planning on getting a full size when the sample is finished.
I was VERY skeptical about the primer oil, but I love it!! I thought it would make my dry skin feel greasy, but it absorbs really well and doesn't leave my skin feeling greasy at all.

I used the primer oil too and used too much the first time but second time I was more careful and loved the finish. I was pleasantly surprised how well it worked and didn't break me out either.

Back