Ipsy February 2016 *Spoiler*

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ipsy is irritating because they release these spoilers and get everyone pumped thinking their entire bag will be filled with all these cool products. Then they release bag previews and you realize they also have a TON of non desirable products thrown in and you're suddenly lucky if you get one or two of the items shown in the spoilers. 

I almost think Ipsy has become what birchbox was years ago before they did the Pick your Sample for your boxes. Ipsy has huge bag envy now.

Paula Dorf  Baby Eyes Enhancer  - Don't wear liner, not thrilled, but kind of curious to try.

Trust Fund Beauty  Nail Polish in I'm Kind Of A Big Deal - I don't know why they keep sending nail polish checked off I don't want nail polish (or eye liner).

Bathhouse Soapery & Caldarium  Cioccolato Foaming Body Scrub - This is interesting, I'm looking forward to trying.

Luxie Beauty  Flat Definer Brush 221 - Yes, please.

Chella  Lipstick Pencil - I don't like the color, but whatever.

All in all, I am not particularly satisfied about this box.  Every month I think about unsubscribing, but I never do, this may be the month I end up unsubscribing.

Ipsy is irritating because they release these spoilers and get everyone pumped thinking their entire bag will be filled with all these cool products. Then they release bag previews and you realize they also have a TON of non desirable products thrown in and you're suddenly lucky if you get one or two of the items shown in the spoilers. 

I almost think Ipsy has become what birchbox was years ago before they did the Pick your Sample for your boxes. Ipsy has huge bag envy now.
I wish they would let you pick the one item. I feel like a lot more people would be satisfied with their bag if they got the opportunity to choose between one of those 5. Or since they do the little questionnaire things for points could we rank our excitement about each of the original previews and then they could at least give something in the top 3? If I have one perfect hit in my bag I really don't care if the rest is stuff I give as gifts or trade.

My bag is ok, not going to rail too hard on it, I just resigned up.  Mr. Write liner(hoping for purple and not bronze), brush, roller perfume, bora  bora blush ( i am going to see about using that for a lipstick if possible) and hair mask.  The bag is kinda cute.  I mean for 10.00, the liner and brush cover that plus more so the value is there and all items will be used.

I'm slightly less happy about my bag then I thought I'd be. 

Paula Dorf Eye Enhancer- This was the item I wanted the most from the second sneak peak. I use nude colored eyeliner everyday on my eyes and often as a lip liner.

Smashbox Cosmetics Photo Finish Primer Oil- I think this sounds interesting though I'm not really sure how practical it is. 

Promise Organic Ultra Moisturizing Argan Creme Facial Lotion- Everyone seems to have one item in particular they hate that ipsy keeps sending them. This would be mine. I don't like receiving facial lotions. I have moisturizers I like and I'm not switching from them. I'm also not sure why I'm getting these because I think I marked my profile as either oily or combination skin. 

Vintage by Jessica Libeskind- I do use lip gloss but I agree with everyone else this looks like it's for a preteen. I'm hoping it will look and preform better than I think it will from the presentation.

Ciate London- Well at least I got nail polish.....Still would have rather had the Trust Fund but I haven't tried this brand either.

I think I had convinced myself I was getting the Trust Fund because I haven't gotten one yet. I'm glad I dodged the perfumes, loose powder products, and everything vanilla scented. That being said I see a few hair products I would have liked to try. 

I don't really see anyone posting anywhere that they received that Josie Maran highlighter. 

I also just realized I think this is the first month I haven't received at least one full sized item. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I am getting

Bye Bye Under Eye concealer

Trestique crayon in coral

Vintage gloss

Ciate- red nail polish

Cake Beauty hand lotion

I am sooooo happy this month!  It makes up for my crummy birchbox. I don't care if the gloss is shimmery I tend to wear 3-4 colors at once. 

I'm pretty content this month

image.png

I'm getting:

Smashbox primer oil- I love this brand and the product description sounds like something I'll use all the time.

Paula Dorf eye enhancer- Yay! I love the Chella highlighter pencil and am stoked to be getting this pencil!!

Perfect Formula gel coat- Another yay! I was interested in this product from the spoilers.

My Amazing Hair Secrets leave in conditioner- Maybe this will wow me in person. I'll give it a try.

Jor'el Parker roller ball- I'm giving this too my sister. Ipsy knows better than to send me perfume lol!

I would have loved to receive the Josie Maron highlighter! Congratulations to those lucky ipsters who did! I'm happy to get three great products in my bag this month

I'm getting:

Naked Cosmetics Mica Pigment (meh)

Luxie flat definer brush (heck yeah!!)

Smashbox primer oil (I was hoping to get this!!)

Vintage lipgloss ( ugh the color is pink with sparkles)

Jersey Shore lip and hand polish (meh)

I'm getting the Trestique Coral blush stick, MOR hand and body lotion in Candied Vanilla, the Perfect Formula Pink Gel Coat, It Cosmetics Bye Bye Undereye, and the Jorel Parker Eau so divine. I'm happy about everything except for the blush stick, I don't look nice in coral colors, and the bye bye undereye, I still have a tube I'm trying to use up, I just don't need concealer because I use a full coverage foundation. I'm happy I don't have two Ipsy subs anymore, two bags of 2 or 3 items that I'd use just isn't worth it to me. More to swap I guess.

Yay! Ipsy finally sent me a bag that doesn't have skincare or hair products!

I'm getting:

1. Paula Dorf Baby eyes enhancer - no complaints. I'm willing to try it.

2. Trust Fund Beauty Nail Polish- I was hoping to get this. I love nail polish & I really like the polish I got from this brand a few months ago.

3. Margaret Dabbs London Miniature Crystal nail file- seems a little cheap, especially since it's miniature but I love getting beauty tools and I know it's something I will use.

4. Smashbox photo finish primer oil- the one thing I'm not thrilled about, but hey, they sent me something from Smasbox!

5. BellaPierre Cosmetics Mineral blush - I was hoping I'd get this! I loooove blush and in the pic it looks like a good color for me.

I'm a little disappointed I didn't get one of those pink brushes, but otherwise I'm happy with my bag.

Yes! I knew that Ipsy would get better for me at sometime, and I can't be happier this month!

I'm getting:

Trust Fund Beauty Nail Polish in I'm Kind of a Big Deal - Love this color and brand!

Naked Cosmetics Mica Pigment - Hope I get the champagne color

Margret Dabbs London Crystal nail File - I have been looking for one of these recently, lost my old one

Smashbox Primer Oil - Love the spray, excited for this!

Vintage Lipgloss in Pink Sequin - The blush/eye shadow I got from this company awhile back through Ipsy was great, hoping this will be just the same

I have really been wanting to test out the Bio-Oil as I heard it is very good for acne scarring, so while I wish I got that this month, I am still happy that this month is finally good for me with Ipsy!

This is my first glam bag and I'm getting:

-Olivia Palermo x Ciaté London Paint Pot 

-Mr. Write (Now) pencil in rich bronze

-Lip Lacquer Lip Gloss in Morocco

-Baby Blush Stick in Bora Bora Coral (tre'StiQue)

-Cake Beauty heavy cream intensive hand repair balm

I was hoping to get the pink Trust Fund nail polish, but the red Olivia Palermo one that they're sending me is nice too. I'm pretty satisfied with my first bag! They have one from every category (lips, face, nails, eyes, skin) that I asked for. 

The only product I probably won't use is the bronze eyeliner because I just don't see it looking good on me, but we'll see!

Just thought I'd share pics of the products since it doesn't seem like many people are getting the same things I'm getting:

bewlyr.jpg

eoq6p.jpg

2wp1j79.jpg

33e6jv4.jpg

1zqrhg5.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
This is my first glam bag and I'm getting:

-Olivia Palermo x Ciaté London Paint Pot 

-Mr. Write (Now) pencil in rich bronze

-Lip Lacquer Lip Gloss in Morocco

-Baby Blush Stick in Bora Bora Coral (tre'StiQue)

-Cake Beauty heavy cream intensive hand repair balm

I was hoping to get the pink Trust Fund nail polish, but the red Olivia Palermo one that they're sending me is nice too. I'm pretty satisfied with my first bag! They have one from every category (lips, face, nails, eyes, skin) that I asked for. 

The only product I probably won't use is the bronze eyeliner because I just don't see it looking good on me, but we'll see!

Just thought I'd share pics of the products since it doesn't seem like many people are getting the same things I'm getting:
Just so you know (so you're not disappointed), the eyeliner can actually come in Jac B. Bronze, or Scott B. Bordeaux, it just shows the one shade by default, the nail polish also can come in either "Hutch - my go-to red" or "Sundays - my off duty nude".

I wish they'd list them separately or show both colors in the main preview photo in the glam room. I'm super hoping for the Bronze in this bag since I already have Bordeaux.

Just so you know (so you're not disappointed), the eyeliner can actually come in Jac B. Bronze, or Scott B. Bordeaux, it just shows the one shade by default, the nail polish also can come in either "Hutch - my go-to red" or "Sundays - my off duty nude".

I wish they'd list them separately or show both colors in the main preview photo in the glam room. I'm super hoping for the Bronze in this bag since I already have Bordeaux.
Oh, that's good to know. I actually hope I get the other color for the eyeliner. For the nail polish I'd be satisfied with either one, but after getting used to the idea of the red, I kind of started liking the idea.

This is what I'm getting

- MOR lotion in Candied Vanilla

- Model Co Lip Laquer in Morocco

- Trust Fund Nail Polish in I'm kind of a big deal

- Naked Cosmetics mica pigment

- Smashbox primer oil

I'm really happy with this especially the nail polish. This bag is way better than the few I got when I subbed the first time. I'm really happy I decided to resub.

So I'm getting

-the carrot rose cream

- the curl keeper hair product

- Mica pigment

- flat defined brush

- smash box primer oil

2 questions, first I have oily skin so is that primer oil just not going to be for me? Also what can I use that brush for??

@@3Babydolls I have the same question about the primer oil, and haven't been able to find any reviews specifically from people with oily skin. As for the brush, the maker says it is to sharpen the brows, or to smoke out the bottom lash line.

As a whole, I'm not too happy with this moth's bag, 2 of the items I'm getting are for normal or dry skin, and I have oily skin, and another pink lipstick. The Baby Eyes Enhancer, I don't have anything like that, and have been wanting one, and I always love nail polish.

However ipsy as a whole has been a good investment for me. I've been subscribed for 8 months now and this is only the second bag I was not excited to get. Additionally, I'll still try the items I really didn't want and have some very pleasant surprises. When my year sub is up, I'll probably go with another beauty sub, but mainly for a change, and not because ipsy has been bad for me.

2 questions, first I have oily skin so is that primer oil just not going to be for me? Also what can I use that brush for??

@@3Babydolls I have the same question about the primer oil, and haven't been able to find any reviews specifically from people with oily skin. As for the brush, the maker says it is to sharpen the brows, or to smoke out the bottom lash line.
I've seen a couple reviews now on seller websites that people with combination or oily skin used it and it helped with the good oil production and actually reduced the bad oils in the skin. I've got the same worry, but I did get a Burt's Bees Cleansing Oil for my oily skin and that actually didn't cause any problems. So I'm hoping it's usable!

Did anyone on MUT win the Ipsy lotto and get the Josie Maron highlighter stick? I've only seen one person who posted a pic of their bag with it so far. I think it was on IG.

Back