Ipsy February 2016 *Spoiler*

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
From snapchat:

image.pngimage.png

Early access is up and for the first time since I'm subscribed, I'm disappointed in Ipsy.

I got:

- Bye BYE Under Eye Concealer (excited for this)

- BellaPierre Mineral Blush (Meh but I think it's full-sized)

- Luxie Tapered Blending Brush (this is okay I guess)

- Dr. Brandt Pore Dermabrasion ( I guess this is okay but I'm sure it's a tiny sample)

- My Amazing Hair Secrets - Leave In Secret (Nope)

Well, it's a good thing the bag is cute cause I'm not too thrilled with what I'm getting. Maybe it will grown on me when it arrives but I doubt that

I'm getting-

tre'StiQue blush stick

Trust Fund Beauty nail polish (this one I actually do like)

Margaret Dabbs crystal nail file

Smashbox photo finish primer oil

Jor'el Parker Eau So Divine

This month had a LOT of promise but I'm guessing very few people actually got the fun items. 

Between the sneak peeks posted on their Instagram and FB feeds, I've seen only ONE person get the Josie Maran illuminating wand. It feels very much like a con to feature such products prominently in all their promos and barely send out any. 

Turns out I'm getting the eyeliner, which I'm not thrilled about. But @@miss_heidi is getting multiple of the five products, so maybe I'll end up getting some of the things I wanted anyways

This month there were a LOT of products I might have wanted... But no Ipsy likes to send me brushes which I always rate super low. And lipstick pencil? In bright red?!

No thanks. I just cancelled.

I'm getting:

Naked Mica Pigment

Flat definer brush

Cella Lipstick Pencil

Carrot + Rose hand lotion (only thing I'll use)

Bye bye Undereye concealer (MIGHT use if the color is right).

I am super excited for my bag this month, it is fantastic!

IT Cosmetics Bye Bye Under Eye Anti Aging Concealer

Ciate London Nail polish

tre’StiQue Baby Blush stick in Bora Bora Coral

ModelCo Lip Lacquer Lip gloss in Morocco

Theorie Argan Oil Ultimate Reform Hair serum

Early access is up and for the first time since I'm subscribed, I'm disappointed in Ipsy.

I got:

- Bye BYE Under Eye Concealer (excited for this)

- BellaPierre Mineral Blush (Meh but I think it's full-sized)

- Luxie Tapered Blending Brush (this is okay I guess)

- Dr. Brandt Pore Dermabrasion ( I guess this is okay but I'm sure it's a tiny sample)

- My Amazing Hair Secrets - Leave In Secret (Nope)
I'm actually getting the exact same things in my bag and I'm actually really happy with it (except for the hair stuff that's just ok for me). I guess I lucked out this month, I was worried because pink isn't really a color I wear a lot or really like.

^ I guess you're right. That was my initial reaction but having added up the value of the bag and comparing the products that I did want, my bag actually works out to be a pretty good value and it's all stuff that I would use.

- Bye Bye Under Eye Concealer  -  $16 for travel size sample 
BellaPierre Mineral Blush  - I think this is full-size so that's $20
- Luxie Tapered Blending Brush - $12
- Dr. Brandt Pore Dermabrasion - Works out to about $7 
- My Amazing Hair Secrets - Leave In Secret - App. $3 per oz. which is what we're getting (1 oz)

That's a total of $58 plus the bag so all in all, I guess it is a pretty good bag.

I think I was initially disappointed based on the sneak peeks that I first saw. I was really intrigued by the highlighter stick but it turns out that it's only half-size vs the actual product (0.17 oz vs. 0.3 oz) as well as the Perfect Formula pink gel top coat which is less than a third of the full-sized product (0.17 oz vs. 0.6 oz). The Trust Fund polish would have been nice but aside from that, there is very little that is grabbing my attention now that I've seen ALL the options.

My bag is OK

Screen Shot 2016-02-04 at 11.36.21 AM.png

I'm happy with Trust Fund and the primer oil since it's something different to try.

Meh on the blush, I'll use it but it'll be a while before it's in rotation.  

I already have the baby eyes and the scrub (which I traded for), so I'll probably swap those.

Im getting 2 of those "ONE OF THESE PRODUCTS PER GLAM BAG! " items :/  and of course one of them is the primer oil lol. Im sort of excited to try it though! I really have low expectations for the nail polish but Im hoping its a full size and hoping it wont chip within hours like all ipsy polishes Ive gotten so far have! IM SO GLAD Im not getting a freaking brush. Thanks ipsy, Im so sick of your crappy brushes lol.

Heres what Im getting

Trust Fund Beauty Nail Polish

Naked Cosmetics Mica Pigment

VINTAGE sparkling lipgloss

Smashbox Photo Finish Primer Oil

Perfectly Posh BFF Face forever exfoliating cleanser

I'm getting:

Paula Dorf Enhancing pencil (Something new to try!)

Perfectly Posh BFF Face Wash (I'm always scared of switching my face washes)

Vintage Lipgloss (I'm NOT a fan of lipgloss, but we'll see)

Luxie Beauty Tapered Blending Brush (Looooove getting brushes!)

theBalm Mary Loumanizer (Okay. I already have one from Birchbox, but okay. Will use eventually.)

Not too impressed with my bag.

Smashbox Photo Finish Primer Oil

Luxie Beauty Small Tapered Blending Eye Brush

Naked Cosmetics - Mica Pigment

Chella Lipstick Pencil (which looks orange in the picture)

Seraphine Botanicals Carrot + Rose Hydrating Cream

There were lots of things I was interested in. I got none of them. Everything I did get, I'm very unexcited about. I try to see the bright side in my bags, but I just can't this month.

I'm getting:

Naked Cosmetics Mica Pigment - I feel like I've gotten a neutral, shimmery shadow every other month for the last year or so and given them all low to mediocre ratings.

Luxie Beauty Flat Definer Brush - This is fine, I guess, I usually like getting brushes, but I'm not excited about this shape/type. (I'm probably just whining)

Smashbox Photo Finish Primer Oil - I have oily skin, so I have concerns about this. I've used facial oil as a moisturizer successfully before, but this is advertising that it gives a dewy finish. I do not need help achieving a dewy finish.

Promise Organic Argan Creme Facial Lotion  - not the kind of moisturizer I normally go for

Chella Lipstick Pencil - I do like Chella and lipstick. We'll see.

I was really hoping to get the bye bye undereye since I'd love to try it and it's anti-aging. I have concealer and fine lines/aging marked on my quiz. I would have loved the eye enhancer, body scrub, mineral blush, josie maran highlight, blow dry accelerator, dr. brandt, BFF exfoliating wash, curl keeper, ogx curl butter, or model co lip lacquer.

With so many things that I was excited about, it's disappointing to get 0 of them while also getting items I actively did not want. 

Bag #1:
  • Naked Cosmetics Mica Pigment (i'll use either shade)
  • Luxie Beauty Flat Definer Brush 221 (could use another, cool)
  • Smashbox Photo Finish Primer Oil (Smashbox, yes!, and one review says ok for oily skin...)
  • Promise Organic Ultra Moisturizing Argan Creme Face Lotion (nothing Wrong with this...)
  • Chella Lipstick Pencil in Passionate Pink (haven't had luck with lipstick pencils)

So everything in this is something I'm OK with trying... But I was kind of hoping for the undereye concealer or the Trust Fund polish (I normally hate pink - isn't this month so great for me? - but that was pretty!)

Bag #2 (new subscription)
  • theBalm cosmetics Mr. Write (Now) (please be in Jac, I have Scott)
  • Luxie Beauty Small Tapered Blending Eye Brush (no dupes, cool!)
  • VINTAGE by Jessica Liebeskind Sparkling Lip Gloss in Pink Sequin (just because I feel 5, doesn't mean I want to look 12)
  • tre'stiQue Baby Blush Stick in Bora Bora Coral (cool-ish? I have 2 blushes now but this is a different color at least...)
  • My Amazing Hair Secrets My Amazing Leave In Secret (this could be neat)

If the liner is in Jac, I'll be good with it. I don't mind the brush, I guess a blush is cool but I've already got two blush items right now, at least this is coral so kinda different. I don't do lip glosses though. Matte or dewy at the most, and that's if I'm wearing lip color at all.

My Ideal Bag would have been:
  • Bye Bye Under Eye Concealer OR Trust Fund Polish
  • Dr. Brandt PoreDermabrasion
  • BFF: Best Face Forever Exfoliating Daily Face Wash
  • Luxie Beauty (either brush)
  • Curology Treatment for Acne & Anti-Aging

Any tips from the Ipsters that have been around a while to make this more plausible?? I want to love Ipsy but Birchbox is slaying them for me very very consistently.

Back