Ipsy January 2016 spoiler

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I checked their site and it seems that the Hikari is actually a cream-based shadow.  I think the shade is Mink.

http://www.hikaricosmetics.com/shop/cream-pigment-eyeshadow/ 

On a side note: I never thought I'd say this because I love brown and gold-based neutrals, but can't Ipsy look into some other eye colours by now???  Purple, teal, dark green and navy are all fairly versatile and would be a nice change without being over-the-top or too adventurous. 

Oops, didn't see your post on the next page before writing this, Alix. :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I'm guessing it's the cream pigment eyeshadow. If you mouse over the color it's listed as mink. The file name for the picture is bronze. 

http://www.hikaricosmetics.com/shop/cream-pigment-eyeshadow/

nEVfKBn.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Yay! My bag is up! 

theBalm Cosmetics  Mr. Write (Now)- I honestly don't care which color I get. I really like both the bronze and the purple. Great timing since I'm on a colored eyeliner kick. 

tucker ashley Advanced Peptide Eye Complex- Eye creams are never my first choice but I will use it. The description seems promising. 

Hanalei Sugar Lip Scrub- I'm very happy with this! I was pretty sad last month that I didn't get a lip scrub. They need it. 

Skone Cosmetics Smudger Brush- Yes. Good. Send me all the brushes. I wants them. 

Pixi by Petra Mesmerizing Mineral Duo in Lavender Bloom- I really like these colors. Lavender is usually a good color for me. 

Overall this seems like a good ipsy month for me! Everything in my bag I like or will use and I redeemed points for the Shadow Shields and Paula Dorf Cosmetics 2+1 Brows-Red. Even my Birchbox seems better than usual. It would be nice if this kept up the rest of the year! 

The only things I didn't get that I was slightly interested in were the Jelly Pong Pong Fairy Lashes Curl Mascara, V-Luxe Eyelashes, and the J.Cat Beauty Blinkle Shimmer Eyeshadow. I never seem to get false lashes or mascara though. 

My glam room says:

Mr Right Now, which I probably won't even use, believe it or not I'm running out of black eyeliner :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Hada Lobo eye masks- don't use eye masks

J.Cat Blinkle shimmer eyeshadow- pretty meh about this, at least its not loose and the color looks interesting

Aveeno lotion- throw this in my purse

Beau Gachis Paris smudge brush- I like these brushes so thats the one product I'm looking forward to this month. 

My bag is also up and I am LOVING it.  :wub:

I got:

- the Balm Mr. Write Now eyeliner in Bronze - Thanks goodness it's the Bronze. I don't think the Burgundy would have been as versatile for me.

- Hikari Cream Metallic Pigment Shadow - YAY!!!

- Jelly Pong Pong Fairy Lashes Curl Mascara - Very excited to try this brand.

- OFRA Cosmetics Universal Eyebrow Pencil - Been needing to get one of these

- Lasting Smiles Lip Balm in Peppermint Creme (only item I'm not uber excited about but I will definitely     use and I like the scent)

I also referred a friend last month so I'm getting the Em Michelle Phan Lash Gallery mascara.

Based on the sneak peeks, it appears that the first 3 products listed are all full-sized so it will be interesting to check the value of this month's bag.

Overall, I'm very happy with Ipsy thus far. This has been my third bag and I have liked every product received.  :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

The Mr Write Now will probably show as the same color for everybody, so you might not get that particular color. Fingers crossed that you'll get the one you want though :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Yes, I didn't realise the shade wasn't specified. Thanks for the heads up  :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

At this point, either is fine (although the Bronze has the edge...)

Yup, thats the one I'm hoping for too, I'd rather get the bronze because it'd be more noticeable on me than the other one.

Is there any way to change what youre going to get in your glam bag for the month? Because I am disappointed in what Im getting. Ugh. This is my 4th month of Ipsy and this has to be the worst bag they could have ever put together for anybody. I did the test again but the products didnt change :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  What garbage Im getting for all of that cool stuff theyve been showing!! Though I am interested in the eyeshadow and the cleansing cloths.... also the bag is super cute so that makes up for it I suppose

Oh well, this will be the first month of ipsy that Im sorta disappointed so far. 1 out of 4 aint bad I guess. So nobody got the urban decay stuff they showed?

3a050db1a5.png

Whispy- I am getting the same bag except a different kind of smudger brush.  This seems like a decent value bag since it doesn't have j-cat or be a bomb shell. I don't recall anything particularly great in any of the spoilers. If there was something you wanted you could swap for it. 

oh the bag is okay, im just not crazy about brushes in general unless theyre crease brushes or eyeshadow or concealer I cant get enough of those types. I think theres only been 1 month where I didnt get a brush of some kind. Im not that great with brushes honestly lol. Im actually just getting into makeup for the first time in my life so Ipsy seems really great for me to try out different products that I wouldnt even think about buying because I have no idea what it even does lol. Makeup can be confusing, AND expensive! Oh and I was just reading about the BaB and Pop gloss controversy this morning. I dont understand how those companies got away with that stuff. Its a wonder why Ipsy will ever do business with them again after what happened

Also thanks for the tip, maybe Ill save up some of these brushes I dont want to use and trade them for something cool ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

@whispy - While it may not be exactly what you wanted, the value at least isn't so bad.

- theBalm eyeliner - $17

- Iceland wipes - $5 (heard great things about this product)

- Pixi eyeshadow - $6 (app)

- Skone brush - $15

- OFRA brow pencil - $13 (assuming it's full-size)

$56 total. I think if the products aren't exactly to your liking, the sub company should at least ensure that the value is good. And of course, you can always trade  :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I'm not really excited about mine either - but I guess it could be worse. Is it worth the $21 I paid? We'll see.

- TheBalm Mr Write Now

- Pixi By Petra Eyeshadow Duo

- Skone Cosmetics Smudger Brush

- Burts Bees Cleansing Oil

- Hanalei Sugar Lip Scrub

ETA: I also resubbed this month, so I think I'm supposed to be getting the EM mascara.

I was really excited for this month because the spoilers looked to me but they managed to let me down once again.

Thebalm eyeliner-okay I hope I get the purple

Promise organic ultra moisturizing argan creme facial lotion with olive oil-um no thanks

City colors trio-meh I won't use this

Ofra eyebrow pencil-I don't use brow products

Trestique lippie-could be okay depending on the color but not exciting

The last time I was excited about my bag was September so hopefully I'm due for a good one soon.

Did we ever determine if Hikari and Be a Bombshell are the same company? I remember some sleuths found they have the same mailing address.

I'm excited-ish about my bag. I'll be getting:

theBalm Mr. Write (now) eyeliner - I checked the size listed on ipsy vs the size on theBalm's site and it looks like we're getting full size pencils! From a good brand! In a color! I'm hoping for the bordeaux color.

Mitchell and Peach English Leaf Body Cream - I like this brand, and it seems like the scent won't  be too heavy. I'll be able to keep it in my desk at work.

Hikari Cosmetics Cream Metallic Pigment Shadow - How many bronze eyeshadows are you going to send me, ipsy? And I'm not sure I trust Hikari given their possible connection to BaB. I would have preferred trying the brow powder or the shimmer shadow from JCat.

Beau Gashis Paris Smudge Brush - Yay! I love getting brushes!

Pur~lisse Blue Lotus 4-in-1 Eye Adore Serum - That's quite a name. I like this brand and can always use a hydrating serum for my eye area.

I'm not really excited about mine either - but I guess it could be worse. Is it worth the $21 I paid? We'll see.

- TheBalm Mr Write Now

- Pixi By Petra Eyeshadow Duo

- Skone Cosmetics Smudger Brush

- Burts Bees Cleansing Oil

- Hanalei Sugar Lip Scrub

ETA: I also resubbed this month, so I think I'm supposed to be getting the EM mascara.
I love your items. I really want to try the cleansing oil and scrub!

Also thanks for the tip, maybe Ill save up some of these brushes I dont want to use and trade them for something cool ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
It's too bad there isn't a way to set the quiz to exclude items you don't use. I was told to check off only a few things to basically force them to send me certain product types. 

Back